What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Just removed my RO/DI system from under the sink. My back is not happy about that one. Replacing all of the filters in it, all 6 of them, plus replacing the DI resin. If I would have purchased the triple stage DI kit, I would have 8 stages on my system. Yes, my water is that dirty...

Tony

Staff member
Just spent I don't know how much time taking my RO/DI system out from under the kitchen sink, changing all filters and resin including the RO membranes, then reinstalling it in a new configuration just to find a leak after getting it put back under there. Guess we don't get water for a day because my back can't take anymore of that crap... I'm friggin hurtin'.

murankar

Staff member
Today I had my second test. Learned how to read config files on cisco routes and switches along with firewalls. Had to find 5 config errors for a total of 100 points. Aced it.

Then we had to learn how to set up a cisco unified call manager. This little guy is what controls ya'lls phone numbers and "pots" network. Thats right I can issue phones and turn off phone numbers.

Whats to come is the 7.5 hour cap stone test some time at the end of the month. Not looking forward to it at all. I am going to have to try and keep all this early knowledge fresh in my mind for the cap stone.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I think 3D printing is more fun than the RC Hobby.... Time to merge them together...

Geena

Staff member
3D printing more fun than RC? BLASPHEMY! Seriously though, I`m also considering getting into 3D printing.

Tony

Staff member
I like making and building, this friggin thing is an enabler lmao. Below is the one that I purchased. So far, I'm not finding much if anything that I don't like about it...

Amazon product

murankar

Staff member
Still breaking in batteries. This is going to take forever. I should have done this already. Hopefully today or tomorrow will be a maiden. The videos are almost done. I have one more segment to shoot and ill be done with the videos.

murankar

Staff member
I have found that when I do my IR values drop a little. There are 2 arguments to break in. One camp says it better for the battery and it improves the IR rates for a longer period of time; the other camp says it doesn't make a lick of difference. Then to top it off there isn't enough substantiating proof that says one is more right than the other.

In have been breaking in my packs since I started flying the X3. I will have to see what data I have in my pl6 for IR ratings on my 570 packs. See if I can post a historical chart.

Tony

Staff member
Let me rephrase my statement. Compared to NiMh or NiCd, there is no reason to break in lipo's. :biggrin1:

murankar

Staff member
Like I stated some folks claim it works other claim their is no need. I do it when it seems to work. Just on these 2 packs my IRs dropped At least 1 meg Ohm. Oh well there all done now.

Oh and I just charged 2 4s 1300 packs in 10 minutes. Oh Yeah.

Another little caveat, I forgot my camera mount hat at the house. So I am going to need to do a quick and dirty set up for the maiden.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Yep, tomorrow morning when I get up I want have to wait.

I just read that these were not supposed to be charged over 2c. Oops, I guess 10 amps may have been too much.

murankar

Staff member
Nope they did just fine. I think next time ill time a 2c charge and see how long it takes. If it 15 minutes then I'll just 2c charge. I normally charge at 3c so we will see.

Tony

Staff member
The only thing the charge rate does is keeps the battery cool. Back in the day, we had to use 120v 120mm fans that were pushing copious amounts of air to keep the old packs cool while we crammed 5+ amps into them. It was common for these packs to get over 150ºF while charging. But, that is what we had to do to be competitive. And yes, we replaced packs, at a price of about $100/ea, about every 30 charges. That is not as much of an issue these days. If a LiPo reaches 40ºC, you are pushing it hard on the charging lol.

murankar

Staff member
Dude eggs are so easy.

Water to cover eggs, start with tap cold water

Heat till roiling boil and hold for 10 minutes.

Shock in ice bath immediately At the 10 minute mark.

Peel and eat

Top Bottom