What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
I need my internet so I can download all of these files for Phoenix before they go away lol.

grumpy1

Went shopping today. When I left house it was IFR maybe 1/4 mile visability about 30 minutes ride to store when I left it might have min. VFR... time I got home it was just as foggy as when I left maybe worse..anyway gotta go back there tomorrow

Attachments

• 20181231_164848.jpg
    20181231_164848.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20181231_175003.jpg
    20181231_175003.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 4

bigone5500

@grumpy1 I have that same sander. I hope you have better luck with yours. I had mine for about 3 months and the capacitor swelled up and failed. It's a very small one and has a wierd rating. I found one that I had that was close to the rating and figured I'd try it. It was about 10 times larger and I had to run wires from it to the inside of the motor. A few wire ties and tape later and my sander was working again. That was about 2 1/2 years ago. Other than the crappy cap, it's a great sander. The belts for it are priced right too.

bigone5500

So every year, I have to make a trip to walamrt and spend some money. LOL! Go figure.

Seriously. I have an FSA account through my employer and when signing up for it, one must plan out how much will be needed for the next year for medical, dental, co-pays, etc. The amount that you sign up for is added to a credit card that is available at the 1st of the year. If the amount of money requested is not used up by then, it is lost. You have to pay it back via weekly deductions from payroll. So...the last week of every year, my wife and I head to walmart to purchase first aid supplies, health monitoring instruments such as BP machines, digital thermometers, glucose testing supplies, etc. Stuff like aspirin, neosporin, and the like are not eligible for what gets into political reasons, IMO, so we load up on bandages, wraps, tapes, wound pads, and whatever else falls into that category. I arrived home earlier with 7 walmart sacks full of stuff.

So to get to the point of this post, I started cleaning out the medicine cabinet and to my disgust/surprise, I ended up discarding about half or a little more of what was in there due to being out of date. 4 walmart sacks of crap. So I thought to myself, I need to organize this thing. And here we go. All that is needed is some labeling and we have ourselves a regular 5S event!!! <----look it up, it will soothe your OCD.

I wish I could have read the minds of those who saw me put all the boxes of bandaids, tape, sports wrap, and all on the check out counter! LOL!

20181231_161822.jpg

bigone5500

As an aside, I went to walgreens to see what they had to offer in this category and try to use up some of the funds there. They had a box of assorted bandages exactly like walmart for $15. That box at walmart is $8.88. That was the first and last time I'll go there.

bigone5500

I built a skid plate for the tmaxx 2.5. My 3.3 has one for the transmission but this one didn't. Not sure why so I used some aluminum plate and fabbercaded one right quick.

20190101_120209.jpg

bigone5500

The plate is really some scrap from a stop sign they bought at work. They cut it off on top and bottom so I grabbed the trimmings. It's about 1/8" thick. Bad thing is I had to spend 10 minutes cleaning the gummy adhesive that stop was printed on a sticker.

bigone5500

I restored an old black and decker 7517 Jig saw. Was in pretty nasty condition but I cleaned it out in hot water and dish soap after complete disassembly. I then cleaned all internals and applied new grease and oiled the oiler pads with 3 in 1. I had to solder one of the field winding clips that connects to a brush holder and now it works like used. It was cold so the grease caused it to run slow at first but it runs like a well greased machine now. I tested it on a scrap piece of wood and it did OK given the blade was the one already in it. Wish I had taken some before and after photos.

Tony

Staff member
Moderate rain turning to heavy wet snow, back to moderate rain then back to heavy wet snow...... ugh...

bigone5500

I just wish it would either get warm or cold. These cold fronts are bringing too much rain. I'm sick of the rain. I wanted to go fishing this week but it may not happen.

RandyDSok

On my side of Norman, I don't think we've seen anything up to moderate since daylight came, just light stuff so far. It has been switching from rain, freezing rain and snow some though.

Correction... my nose has seen moderate to heavy running ( I've been fighting a cold )... LMAO

Tony

Staff member
The heavy snow down here only lasted about 5 minutes then went back to rain. Massive flakes lol. Just enough to turn everything white... My least favorite color....

Tony

Staff member
Thanks to the weather, I'm eating some AWESOME homemade chili!!! Man this stuff is good! Added a little bit of smoked chipotle pepper added to the cayenne pepper for an awesome flavor. Outside though, no snow on the ground anymore, but all of my trees are covered in ice. I think I may need to pull out the generator just to be safe... After I eat my chili of course lmao.

Top Bottom