What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, it's all good. I give everyone crap for calling me sir, but I call everyone else sir as well lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I seriously need my new internet right now. I have over 30GB of data that I need to pull off of my server and put it on my storage drive and at 6/6 that is going to take forever. Oh, and my current internet is only running at 3mbps down right now.... ugh, I love country life, but I hate this part of it...

leedude1

Ok ,so I rechecked and yes I have the dominator..but that came in 3s and 6s. I went for the 3s at the time. Which was the 3600 kg vs the 1800kv
:bump:
Esc is the same for both...servos differ but I don't think my ability will push the present servos anywhere near their limits:apple:. So it's simply a motor swap and I can swing the 360s.
..... and a couple lipos..

Tony

Staff member
The ESC was the same for both? Interesting. If that is the case, then yes, just teh 1800kv motor and you are good. Servos don't affect anything, not in this aspect anyway.

Tony

Staff member
So I FINALLY ran a single Cat5e cable from my server room on one side of my house to my new office/studio on the other side of the house. I think this is pretty good considering I'm paying for 6/6 lmao. But look at that latency!!!!

And how in the hell is my upload faster than my download? Usually it's the other way around.
7952394260.png

leedude1

Just got off the ice playing hockey in my beer league.. this man is getting old :biglaugh: I'll probably start to feel my legs again by tueaday.

murankar

Staff member
Doing research for my small heli. I think I may have found it. Tune in later to find out.

I will be piecing it together as time and money allow

Tony

Staff member
Just spent the last two hours shooting a how to solder video only for the end product to be defective. How wonderful. Negative review going on that POS. Waste of time.

murankar

Staff member
I think after watching videos, reading articles and looking at what is realistic for my life right now.

I am 95% sure it's going to be the oxy 3 285mm air frame. The oxy 2 is going to have the same issues are the 180CFX. Servos will strip on every crash. I have a 360 class heli at the moment and even that needs a bit of a field for me. The Oxy 3 is a nice tweener size When I think ill be able to work on proficiency stuff in the back yard with it.

As for which oxy3 I am guessing the TE2108 version. Flies on 4S and has the option of plastic or carbon mains. Great for crashing. The canopy is carbon and the boom is brightly colored. It seems to be a perfect fit for what I am looking for.

I had looked at the goblin mini comet and fireball also. I wasn't happy with the all plastic fireball but I loved the bling of the mini comet. Honestly I would love to have it. Realistically though a money pit I can't afford right now. I stand behind goblin I love their stuff but at the end of the day I can't really afford to fly that brand right now.

The oxy 3 is the same size and a fraction of the cost both in kit and in spares . The goblin is 6s, oxy is 4s. Both take the BK 3000 series servos.

No brainer for me.

The oxy 3 will cost around $525 out the door with what I need to get to include 4 4s batteries.

The mini comet with motor and esc will run just north of $450 and I still need batteries.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Bought the motor and esc and since Cali is 3 hours behind they haven't gotten it yet. Should be out in the post today.

murankar

Staff member
Amain. because helidirect has crap selection for the Oxy3. Then I looked at Lynx and there was about a $13 dollar difference in the over cost. The motors were cheaper at Lynx but the airframe is cheaper at Amin. I get purchase points at Amain so Ill just get everything there.

My list of parts for those who want to know is as follows, I will be starting a thread shortly on this but for now.

Motor: Lynx 4100Kv 4S
ESC: Hobbywing 40 amp
Servos: BK DS3000 series (Because I have them already)
FBL: NEO (really i have to put this, actually I have one to use so it saves money)
Batteries: Tattu 1300 mah 4S x4
Blades: RotorTech (because thats the only sub $30 285m blade I could find. I could not even find a plastic 285mm blade)
Tail: I think they are KBDD orange plastic blades.
Connectors will be RCPROPLUS D4 Supra X Battery Connector Set (5 Sets) (12~14AWG) [RPPREB4812D4P5H10] | Cars & Trucks
Airframe again is the Oxy 3 Tareq 2018 edition. Yeah its fancy i know but hey at the end of the day the spares are affordable for me.

murankar

Staff member
When I get everything I will be doing a build vlog like I have in past. My X3 build was popular so I hope this will be also. I have also started another segnment to my article series "Evaluating my hobby".

Top Bottom