What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
A 30V 1000µF should work great. If you don't think that is enough, get two. Just remember, the more you have without a spark arrestor, the larger the spark you will get when you connect a battery, but you already know this.

Tony

Staff member
Going to be moving my desk, computer and most of the RC stuff into a new office/studio today.... This is an absolutely daunting task... I won't be able to get all the models in there unfortunately.... Room is just not big enough...

Admiral

Heavy rain so no flying today, a mate came around with his new Synergy 516 frame so we could have a look at what batteries would fit best turned out to be Gens Ace 5000 mAh, then watched a movie about Polish fighter pilots in the RAF in WW2 . In evening attended my Granddaughters 21st Birthday party , from a crappy start turned out a full on day.

Geena

Staff member
I installed a full set of Xpert KD1 servos in my X7FZ. No more BKs. It`s time to try something else. The first test/tuning flights will happen in just a couple of hours. :) If I like them, which I`m sure I will, then the NX7 will get a set too.

Tony

Staff member
NICE!!! Are you sure you want the Xpert servos and not the Kyle Stacy servos? lmao. (bk rebrand, or brand with his name on them... weird marketing tactics....)

Tony

Staff member
So yesterday I only managed to get the wall put back together in the room I'm moving everything into. This room shares a wall with a bathroom and I had to remove the wall to repair a leak on the shower. Just looking at all of the stuff I have for RC tells me that I have a real problem... I really should seek counseling for this madness...

Geena

Staff member
NICE!!! Are you sure you want the Xpert servos and not the Kyle Stacy servos? lmao. (bk rebrand, or brand with his name on them... weird marketing tactics....)
I have been using BK servos exclusively, since Bert released them. The KSE servos are a little faster and have a little more torque than the previous lineup, but those are the only differences I could see. I just want to try something new, and JC has been wanting me to try Xpert for a while. Soooo. Here we go. LOL.

Tony

Staff member
Let us know how it goes! It's amazing how fast and strong these new servos are compared to just 10 years ago!

Geena

Staff member
I sure will. On the bench, they seem pretty quick. So I`m really anxious to get them in the air for testing. One really cool thing about them it their boot up sequence. They don`t "snap" to center on boot up. They make a chiming sound (almost like an ESC booting) and then slowly move to center.

murankar

Staff member
Screw this crap. This army stuff is way to over rated and convoluted.

So I have had my job qualifications now for almost 4 years now. I am still listed in the personnel system under my old job.

Next I have about 23 years of service. The Army reserve personnel system says I have only 13 years. I have been trying to get this fixed now for about 3 years now.

Come to find out the people that should have known about this didn't and now i have a whole hell a lot if hoops to jump through just to prove my service time. Not to mention my promotion has not happened because of the whole job issue. Oh and to add to the beauty my promotion section is showing that I have 14 points for promotion. The army's promotion system is based on points. I should have closer to 600 points which is near max. 760 and change is max.

So if I was to quit today I would have but 13 years of service and no retirement options. What a hosed system. Thank you Army for fing nothing.

During this whole time my leaders have been harping on me to get my stuff done. So I did what I could when I could to get my stuff done. When I need something done I basically have been blown off and told to go get my stuff done. I am so done with this crap.

Geena

Staff member
Let us know how it goes! It's amazing how fast and strong these new servos are compared to just 10 years ago!
I got 14 flights on them today, but the first four really don`t count...the were tuning flights.

Once I got the helicopter dialed in, it was like a different helicopter. These servos are FAST, and I`m still not 100% used to them yet. But I`m happy with them so far. I`m most likely going to end up putting them on the other helicopters, and going away from BK completely. Tony, here is a link to a short video that shows how they start up. You`ll have to turn the sound up all the way, ( no scary monsters or demons jumping out at you, I promise...hahaha) to be able to hear the tones though.

Tony

Staff member
It's pretty bad when innovation is making servos sing lmao. However, that is friggin awesome and with them being faster than BK servos, that is outstanding. Thanks for the video. In our next lesson, I will help teach you how to hold the phone sideways for us computer users :chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I have been waiting for you to pull that one out for a while. I give everyone a hard time holding the phone up right for us computer users. But for other phone users, it fills the screen. Just some good ole fun rippin' on friends :D

RandyDSok

lmao, I have been waiting for you to pull that one out for a while. I give everyone a hard time holding the phone up right for us computer users. But for other phone users, it fills the screen. Just some good ole fun rippin' on friends :D

I've seen one very similar to that one but without being so much of a smartass about it... If I find it again, I'd post it much more often. This version, I only post it if I believe the person I'm posting it for will take it as it's intended as just joshing around.

Top Bottom