What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Wife laid the law down after a hot night in bed last night. Now, get your head out of the gutter, our AC is out and it was pretty warm last night and the humidity was high. So it was pretty warm inside my house. She told me this morning that she didn't sleep worth a crap last night and to get a service tech out here NOW! lol. So I have one on the way. I hate spending money on something that I can do myself, I just don't have the tools to do it. Money down the drain... But it will be nice outside for a few days afterwards and I STILL won't use the AC hahahhaa

Tony

Staff member
Doing a fresh install on my computer. Man I had way too much crap on this thing lol. I think it's time to actually build a new system...

Admiral

Don't you just love the couple of weeks after a rebuild when the computer boots fast, runs like the breeze and has very few lockups, however Windows soon fixes that and starts to bog everything down.

Tony

Staff member
It is mostly my fault. I test a lot of different programs and end up clogging up my computer. I could clean it out, but it's just easier to just reload windows and reinstall everything.

Tony

Staff member
I'm consolidating all of the files that I have. That means ALL of them... over 10 HDD's worth of information that I'm having to go through and organize. This is not fun...

Admiral

Today was a very early start, attended the ANZAC day Dawn service at 5:30am, great service followed by breakfast at our place with some cousins who were then going on the the march in the city.

Note: ANZAC day in Australia & New Zealand is the equivalent of the US Memorial day.

bigone5500

I drove 2 tanks of fuel through my TMaxx. Man I almost forgot how much fun it was. I need to get to work on my ramp.

Admiral

Work bench reached Critical Mass so I had a clean up.
All the regular helis that I fly are airworthy so started work an one of my someday jobs, repairing a Hughes 500 (450) that I have and converting it to FBL.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well with hurricane season around the corner " June 1st til November 1st" I fired up the generator yesterday afternoon and this morning. I ran 1 1/2 gallon of gasoline til it ran out. About 10hrs without anything hooked up to it. At the same time broke out the solar lights and phone charger to make sure it works. We also set up the solar ovens and we have dinner cooking for tonight :). Charged up all of our rechargeable batteries to see if they hold there charge or not. We rather be save then sorry. Last year we got lucky. Everyone around us lost power but we didn't. Maybe this time we might not be so lucky. Just in case we know we will be ready for anything that comes our way!

Tony

Staff member
Why didn't you test it with something hooked up to it? I always run my genny in with some kind of load on the generator. Even if it is just a fan or a light.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Tony. That will be tomorrow test. I like to run the generator first with enzyme fuel treatment to make sure it runs good after sitting all winter. Then I'll put another 1 1/2 gallon of gas with stuff connected like the refrigerator, fans, lights and any other device that we might need.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I see. Cool deal. I know I was always told to put it under a load when you test it for the year. I try to do it twice a year for mine.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Also awhile back, a year or so, URI had a solar panel setup for field charging his batteries for his heli that I liked to invest in. I'm not sure if you still have that post Tony or if URI is still around that he can post up a picture and a list of equipment that he use.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's too cool Tony, thanks! That is a good set up that he has. That's my next investment :). On a different note, this just arrived a few minutes ago :). My old goggles went bad over the weekend so I had to get new ones IMG_2714.JPG IMG_2715.JPG

Top Bottom