600 WESTY's GOBLIN 630 BUILD! -SUPER EXCITED!

Westy

LEGEND
WEll ..... It is had it now!!!!!!

Just crashed it ....... mistakenly hit the auto level and it went smashing into my house ...... GRRRRRRRR .... Don't try that at home folks!

Blades toasted ...... hole in the side of the house where a blade whacked through it....... I broken Tail Fin .... bent tail rotor ...... and a broken skid stablaliser ..... AM AM SOOOO FRIGGEN STUPID!!!!!!

I guess that proves that the IKON self level was not set up right at all!!!!!!

Ah well ... when I stop crying .... I will be laughing ...... it is only money I guess!

Karubah

Jeeeeeez....I feel for you Westy. Time for a stiff drink and gather yourself. You must be devastated, oh well as others have said rebuild and get back in the air.:encouragement:

Westy

LEGEND
Had a couple of ales .... and sucked it up and rolled up my sleeves

Damage total is: $146.25USD

1 x Main Blades

1 x tail fin

1 x Landing gear stabilizer set (NOPE YOU CANT JUST BUY 1!!!!!!!

1 x Rotor arm set

4 x servo arms.

THAT IS IT!!!! .... main,feathering and tail spindles .... all PERFECT! all stripped and checked for straightness...

This is one tough freakin bird man....... no damage at all to the tail boom.... tail rotor blades .... the Tail fin did a great job of protecting the running gear!

No chips or scrapes on the main head or blade grips ..... not a mark!

I have to take the blame .... as I should have ....... Should have (HE REACHES BACK AND KICKS HIMSELF HARD IN THE BUTT) gone to 100 feet and flicked the switch ... .but I had such confience that the SL feature was going to work ......

Guess what I am going to be researching and sussing out properly! :disgust:

Time for another ale .... only thing I have to work out is ..... how the heck do I fix the hole sliced in the wall.....

The kids came running .... when they heard the carnage with the house.

The only bummer is ..... I wanted to spend that money on another set of batteries!!!!! ;( ... not meant to be .... and I had sold most of the receivers from my DX7s kit!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Again bummer! As for the hole in the house, the universal way is straight "Duct Tape"..lol hope to see you back in the air soon.

callsign4223

Staff member
Yikes, be glad your house has a hole to fix. I have a brick house and I'm sure if I hit it with a heli the heli bill would be higher and barely a nick on the house.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
as red green would say... "of course using the handyman secret weapon... that's right, duct tape." hope the home repairs are not to bad, and as red green also says, "do the job right, use to rolls of duct tape".

Westy

LEGEND
Well re maidened .... The Thing flies .... but not well.

not sure what is the problem with this thing .... sits smooth as silk on the ground spooling up and ..... as soon as you take it off the ground it starts oscillating like at spinning top running out of steam..... head speed is good though and sounds about right to me.

I took the Lappy this time and spent an hour trying to nut out problem. Took my cyclic gain down from 39 to 27 in 3% increments and it made no difference at all. Not sure what to try .... took my nylon off the rudder servo lead about 50mm back from the FBL controller and made no difference.

I do not know what to do next really ... so much for bind and fly .... this thing is really bumming me out! ... just want to fly not spend 40 hours diagnosing issues.

I disabled the self level and used the flight modes like the gyro switch and tried switching from one mode to a further reduced flight cyclic gain percentage.....

Any suggestions..... ????? :disturbed:

stokke

Are you using governor? If so, who's managing it, ikon or esc?

With the ikon, i experienced that it would get quite a bit of head bobble with too low head speed.

If you're running curves, are you sure you figured out the correct head speed?

pvolcko

IS the swash in good shape? No up/down play in the bearing? From the sounds of it, this is something happening under load and not a balance or head speed issue. I'd suspect a radial bearing acting up under load, maybe dampeners (if they weren't new), or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw the vid. That is weird. will comment further in that thread.

Westy

LEGEND
binding? belt may be loose. did you try resetting the IKON? just some thoughts

no binding at all.

Belts perfectly adjusted

Ikon completely reset to factory ....

Was doing this before the house Vs Heli incident!

- - - Updated - - -

IS the swash in good shape? No up/down play in the bearing? From the sounds of it, this is something happening under load and not a balance or head speed issue. I'd suspect a radial bearing acting up under load, maybe dampeners (if they weren't new), or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw the vid. That is weird. will comment further in that thread.

Cheers ....

I have been informed from another forum that the Head speed is way too low!..... I have a bog list of trouble shooting that will take time ..... I will sort it! head fresh today and no presures of work to worry about. hahaha

idon'tknow!

I just had an idea, might not be any good, but here it is anyways. I wonder If you mounted a video camera in a orientation such that it could see and movement with the cyclic servos, it might show something or it might not, just an idea, wish you all the luck in trouble shooting.

Westy

LEGEND
I have had a real long look at the head, while it was spooling up ..... the head seems just perfect..... you can see 2 perfect lines from the top and bottom parts of the blade grips ..... and the head itself ... is a perfect circle .... no wobbles or vibes at all.

idon'tknow!

don't know if this would be anything, but awhile ago I had an airplane servo with only one tooth missing on one the gears and when stressed in the middle I wouldn't notice much, but when stressing the aileron channel all the way (which was the one it was installed as) I noticed that at a certain position it would start twitching, my guess is that that was where the tooth was striped, and it would just slip a little, than the servo would try to counter it, and again and again. Thats why I was thinking it might be one servo that's the issue, it might be Icon, but at least in my mind it seems more likely to be a servo, since they took a good hit. Hope this helps, And maybe with luck you will speedily get to the bottom of it.

Top Bottom