600 WESTY's GOBLIN 630 BUILD! -SUPER EXCITED!

Westy

LEGEND
I got it sorted ... Combination of Too Low head speed ... and some Servo wires too tight .... once I got that sorted .... just needed a tweak here and there..... still does need a little tuning .... will give it a go in the fresh light of day and see how runs in fast forward flight.

Westy

LEGEND
did not get a chance today .... will do some real tuning tomorrow ... thanks to Lee, Xokia, Gabby and Tony .... and of course all the rest of you that have assisted to solve the issue ..... I am in love again with my new Gobby@!

Tony

Staff member
I think "gabby" needs a "gobby"!!! gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby

It's got a nice ring to it. Now I want a turkey samich for some reason...

Westy

LEGEND
LMAO ..... Turkey Sanga ...... or a Shot of Wild Turkey!

gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby gabba gobby

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
LMAO! just made me hungry too...Westy! to tight on the servo wires. Hmmm! I do have some zip tie's on mine and hope they don't pose a prob later.

Westy

LEGEND
It is not my week...... I drive all the way over to my Not so local LHS .... as I was going to take the beast out for a thrash.......... but I was not happy with the very acute angle of my jimmied up servo arms .... so.... I get back with a new set .... and .... well lets just say, my servo balls would have not been an issue flying off this heli!

I got 2 apart ...... but the last 1 ... snapped flush! ;(

Ah well ... wasted my gas .... so I forked out for a new Feathering shaft as well and just paid for shipping ... hope to get it tomorrow! ....

And to top it off ... my rudder thumb is so swollen and sore .... I think I might have crashed anyway trying to fly in the big ugly thing! got an infection in it from something.

Anyway .... I am glad I did it as the Align arms I got are a perfect drop of the Swash.... I was just cheating! Lol to get in the air!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
It is not my week...... I drive all the way over to my Not so local LHS .... as I was going to take the beast out for a thrash.......... but I was not happy with the very acute angle of my jimmied up servo arms .... so.... I get back with a new set .... and .... well lets just say, my servo balls would have not been an issue flying off this heli!

I got 2 apart ...... but the last 1 ... snapped flush! ;(

Ah well ... wasted my gas .... so I forked out for a new Feathering shaft as well and just paid for shipping ... hope to get it tomorrow! ....

And to top it off ... my rudder thumb is so swollen and sore .... I think I might have crashed anyway trying to fly in the big ugly thing! got an infection in it from something.

Anyway .... I am glad I did it as the Align arms I got are a perfect drop of the Swash.... I was just cheating! Lol to get in the air!

Man you are not having the best of times...and all you want to do is fly.

It seems to be the year for things not quite working out....
Treff with his birds, me with mine, Tony with the RCH bird, Westy with this one Anthony with your dropped canopy...
But... we are all having fun and will be flying again soon!!
Good luck Westy and can't wait to see her flying as she should in your awesome hands!!

Westy

LEGEND
nothing like some pressure .... hhahaha

My heart pumps in my chest every time I go out !!!!! "AS IT SHOULD" ... LOVe that feeling

Stambo

nothing like some pressure .... hhahaha

My heart pumps in my chest every time I go out !!!!! "AS IT SHOULD" ... LOVe that feeling

I had that feeling on the weekend when I put that 500 in the air for the first time in ages.
Been so busy learning to fly (and crash) quads that I haven't given it much time.

I had forgotten how much finesse is required for helicopters compared to quads.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
oh yeah .... it certainly takes a feel for things.

,,,,,, My Parts have been dispatched .... that I ordered today..... but HK still sitting with 2 ticks ..... from 30 hours ago!

Westy

LEGEND
was it just the REinforing CF that cracked and not the actual Skid frame? Mine did the same thing .... ;) funny you have to buy a set of 4 ... incl bolts etc ... to fix the one .... so you get 3 spares.

I would have re resin coated the CF one that cracked, but it was not deparate times! haha
attachment.php

Westy

LEGEND
hmmmm.... must have hit harder than mine did then, as I have very carefully inspected the Gobby and no crack in the Landing gear!

Just got back from local A & E ... finally got some anti biotics for my big fat thumb. Hope it will be fixed .... sunny outside, but still no sign of the courier with my gobby bits .... want to fly ... but not gonna happen

Westy

LEGEND
FINALLY .... My Heli Parts have arrived!!!!

So good news is .... I can complete the repairs....
IMG_0011.JPG

Bad news is .... Cant fly too risky!

IMG_0010.JPG

STUPID THUMB!!!!!!!!

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Top Bottom