600 WESTY's GOBLIN 630 BUILD! -SUPER EXCITED!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
12.7 ! love it funny how both neg and positive never could be the same. I got mine at +12.5 and -12.3 really close and cant get them both to be at 12.5.

an ya! it seem that the skid took all the force of the fall, thank god it was minor.

Westy

LEGEND
today is a beautiful day .... might go adn kick my cameraman (son!) into the car and force him to roll camera!

Got the + and - exact 12.5 and -12.5 and 0.0 in the middle! ;)

just a bit of end travel adjust to sort it out!

I on ly have one set of batteries now .... so by the time I confirm the tracking... will need to recharge. will see how it goes.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
sadly, I'm rebuilding instead of flying today. Just upgrades though hehe. good luck with the flight!

Westy

LEGEND
cheers ... been putting it off .... but my thumb is still giving me heaps ....is even bigger today! ... but will see how it feels on the field!

Westy

LEGEND
SUCCESS!!!! The Long awaited real flight of the GOBLIN 630
P1100259_zps37320cc7.jpg

Video to follow. Nothing Fancy ... was just checking the tracking etc was going to check and adjust the Tail gain to optimum ... but got lost in the awe of the Gobby! :love-struck::excitement:

Tony

Staff member
Looked great in the air! The gain is a bit high though, you can hear that tail fluttering about quite a bit. I would lower it 5% and call it good.

When you were landing, what the HELL was that that flew across the screen? A Pterodactyl? The damn thing was HUGE!

Karubah

NICE one Westy. Glad to see you have it in the air again. Tony that bird that flew across when Westy was landing was a "sparrow", we breed them BIG in the SH.lmao

Westy

LEGEND
NICE one Westy. Glad to see you have it in the air again. Tony that bird that flew across when Westy was landing was a "sparrow", we breed them BIG in the SH.lmao

Was a Magpie! ...... getting close to them dive bombing the humans... nesting season! LMAO .... the gobby will make mince meat of em!

- - - Updated - - -

I am tempted to go an have another spin!

pvolcko

Nice. Agree, needs tail gain dialed back a bit. On the turns in fff it was fluttering pretty good. Though I could hear something else. Higher pitched sound. Maybe just drive train noise. Still breaking in I'm sure.

Top Bottom