600 WESTY's GOBLIN 630 BUILD! -SUPER EXCITED!

Westy

LEGEND
Yeah .... Thanks guys ..... it has kind of put a cob wash on the whole project as even if I get the Tx and Ikon and Sats ..... tomorrrow..... still no sight on the system on the Scorpion 4035-630 motor!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
looks like your almost there..What you think of these connectors? one of the guys at the field is using it on his LOGO 600, they are not soldered on but crimped
and they are pretty snug on there. PP-45A_1.jpg

PP-45A_1.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
man they are nice! look like a mini version of a heavy duty Truck double connector for electro-hydraulic tail lifts.....

Got my TX and Ikon and Sats today :) .... man they a look all nice and shiny ....

Did not even have hte Tx out of the box for 1 minute and ripped it apart for the Backlight mod. Am working with a guy in Italy (electronics engineer) that I met through this awesome hobby .... and we are working together to find a nice little Circuit for doing auto off on the backlight in 15 secs until a button is pressed.

Lee

Those connectors are called Anderson power poles. I haven't used them, but they are suppose to be very good.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
they feel very tight, i even tried pulling on the connector and wire to see if they would budge, pretty good. i think i will try them out.

- - - Updated - - -

man they are nice! look like a mini version of a heavy duty Truck double connector for electro-hydraulic tail lifts.....

Got my TX and Ikon and Sats today :) .... man they a look all nice and shiny ....

Did not even have hte Tx out of the box for 1 minute and ripped it apart for the Backlight mod. Am working with a guy in Italy (electronics engineer) that I met through this awesome hobby .... and we are working together to find a nice little Circuit for doing auto off on the backlight in 15 secs until a button is pressed.

the beauty of mods..that will be cool, it will save you batt power.

Westy

LEGEND
Got My Ikon and Sats also ..... only hting waiting on now is the Motor ..... and some servo extensions .... will make on up if I have to get her airborne!

LEE: Yes .... that's the one .... Anderson connectors ..... they handle very high currents and are really hard to get apart even with the massive plastic housing the connect into.

AndersonPowerpole2.jpg

images

Westy

LEGEND
yeah .... Just finishing off a TREX DFC 450 set up for a guy .... took it for its maiden hover this afternoon .... woo windy outside ... so did it in my garage ... smooth as silk!

Once that is out of the way, I will get into it. Might even go and set up the servos now.....

pvolcko

Woo! I have visions of a Goblin rising above the horizon, super telephoto zoom from great distance, heat mirage, and either AC/DC "For Those About To Rock" fading in slowly or the 1812 Overture. :)

BOKI

Hi Westy ; Sorry to see you have to pay more & are waiting on some parts ! State Of Illinois never got a check I sent them For my foid card ! Two months later I called & they said they never received my check! So i sent them another check & picture & got it in about a week! They never did cash the first check ! Hope you have good luck & maybe we can get on Phoenix again ! Just ordered some spare parts for my Trex 450 SE V2 !

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Thanks Boki ... Got all I need now ... just need some spacers for the Main blades as Like Stoke ... there is a lot of play there.....

have no time to build at the Moment as am finishing of a Trex 450 DFC Pro for a guy (Heli Setup, 3gx setup, radio set up & Range Check). Test hovered yesterday nice and smooth like butter!

Westy

LEGEND
just changed my Scorpion motor terminals to XT150 Males .... and changed my battery configuration to also utilise the XT 150 terminals in parralel to get my 44.4V 12s setup!

Getting there .... cam batt went flat .... will post vid ASAP :).... if any of you are interested of course .... otherwise I will just get on with it and delete te vids and get her finished in peace :)

Was going to do some vid of configuring IKON FBL controller and how to set up and set with the Servos etc..... not sure in it wolud have any interest .... but batt is getthing a thrashing on hte Camera ...

Will see how it all pans out!

Top Bottom