600 WESTY's GOBLIN 630 BUILD! -SUPER EXCITED!

Westy

LEGEND
me too .... I did not think I would ...... but it is a lot deeper than it appears on pics I have seen .... I really like the Goblin 500 colour schemes too! they look .... Elegant!

Lee

Looks great Westy. You say that the head and tail are preassembled, but do you trust that there is thread lock in it?

stokke

Looks great Westy. You say that the head and tail are preassembled, but do you trust that there is thread lock in it?

I trusted SAB with the assembly of these items as well. Haven't had any probs with the head, but the tail had to be disassembled after some flights due to slop (no real danger, but could have been fatal if I haven't checked it).

Karubah

You sound absolutely excited Westy. I would back up what Lee said and dismantle the head and tail assembly to make sure of lubrication and thread lock. Great build mate.

danhampson

i personally would disassemble the head and tail and thread lock (just to be on the safe side). The last thing you want is it throwing a blade (main or tail).
Its a very impressive machine westy.

Westy

LEGEND
Goblin 630 Build Vid 2 - YouTube

Thanks guys ... I have checked the tail and it needed some locktite on the slider arms but the tail grips were all secured correctly! I am checking the head today ..... can't trust someone else and bank a $3000 machine on a $3 bolt not tightened.....

- - - Updated - - -

You sound absolutely excited Westy. I would back up what Lee said and dismantle the head and tail assembly to make sure of lubrication and thread lock. Great build mate.

I am ecstatic! it is like Christmas and all the more exciting because I have not built one this big from scratch before!

I can't count the Trex600, even though I stripped it down to nothing and rebuilt it with all threadlock and replacing what was needed..... it is just not the same as getting a nice crisp box (TAPED) with unknown contents inside to adventure and ponder in wonder at! haha I slept with the Goblin next to me in my bed as the wife is gone for 2 months and I am just enjoying looking at the Heli....

Yep ..... it is official .... I am Obsessed!

BOKI

Westy; That is one beautiful looking Helicopter! You really look very happy with it that's Great ! Good luck on the Build & Flying it!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Are you kidding me! that is beautiful..I want one. keep up the good work it is coming out very nice. thinking of changing the look of my bird, as soon as this sequestor goes away. Can't wait for the maiden.

Top Bottom