Scale Vario Robinson R22

Sweetfrost

Hey guys, after you post if you need to edit there is a box in the bottom right corner of your post that says "Edit Post." It shows up on your post when your post Is actually posted on the board. Just click on the edit post box and it will pull up your post so you can make any changes that are needed. Just be sure to click the "Save Changes" box after you make the necessary changes, which is at the bottom right corner of the edit box.

Nah .. dosent work for me .. under Posting Permissions it says "You may not edit your posts". :thinking:

regards

Tony

Staff member
That is after the delay time. When you first make a post, you will have an edit button just in case you see a mistake within 20 minutes (I think). After that, it goes away. It's a long story with no good ending as to why I have it set this way, but this is the way we have had it for years and I don't see changing it any time soon if ever.

If you need an edit, just post it in a new post and at the very top let me or my staff know you want post #whatever edited with teh below content. Make sure to post all of the post so that we can just go in and copy and paste the info in.

Sweetfrost

That is after the delay time. When you first make a post, you will have an edit button just in case you see a mistake within 20 minutes (I think). After that, it goes away. It's a long story with no good ending as to why I have it set this way, but this is the way we have had it for years and I don't see changing it any time soon if ever.

If you need an edit, just post it in a new post and at the very top let me or my staff know you want post #whatever edited with teh below content. Make sure to post all of the post so that we can just go in and copy and paste the info in.

Okay thanks - this is cool with me. Was just wondering since i could not find the button - but still lightyears better than our present danish forum. You need to be a scientist to find your PM. But they are soon migrating to something better.

later!

KLA

Nah .. dosent work for me .. under Posting Permissions it says "You may not edit your posts". :thinking:

regards

I didn't know about the delay for 20 minutes. I figured it was cause you are a relatively new member and after 50 posts you would have the permission to do edits. But Tony's the man. If anybody would know it would be him. I always look at my post after I post it and if it needs edited, I just do it then.

Sweetfrost

Just a short post for today. Made the rain gutters over the doors today and i hope to make the last priming in the next few days if the temperature still is well above 15 degrees c. The "rod" is primed and ready for the finishing paint so i have to get some paint and clearcoat - it wil be the first time using my new airbrush. Also got the servohorns by mail today.

..so if i'm not back in a few days ... just wait longer ;0) Time for some brewski. Have a nice weekend all.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Wow Sweetfrost, it's looking great!. You diffidently have some patience. That word doesn't even exist in my vocabulary, Lol. How many man hours have you put in so far? Good luck with the rest of the build. Keep up the good work :)

trainrider06

That thing is turning out really nice! Are you planning on entering it into any of the shows?
The detail is just so real! Very nice job!

Sweetfrost

Wow Sweetfrost, it's looking great!. You diffidently have some patience. That word doesn't even exist in my vocabulary, Lol. How many man hours have you put in so far? Good luck with the rest of the build. Keep up the good work :)

I have no idea of how many hours i have put in to this so far. Some times i get a lot done and then there are periods where nothing is being done. A big reason for this is work and fundings. I have to save up for things and right now i am saving up for paint and when i get what i need i can get a little further on the build. Yesterday i got the styrene angle profile so one days work to make those two rain gutters on each side. But i am beginning to believe that there might be a slight chance to get the ship airborne next year ... which in fact is very soon.

That thing is turning out really nice! Are you planning on entering it into any of the shows?

Well, i have always enjoyed going to RC model exhibitions and events in my local club. What i discovered is that there are not so many scale helicopters and i only know of one with a turbine - a Lama. I would really like to show my heli at such events and also to talk to other builders and maybe learn a little about building techniques.

Sweetfrost

Short update again. Drilled holes for 2 mm hex button-head bolts in the landing-light housing and made a testfit on the fuse - priming it tomorrow. And today i gave the batterybox the final painting. The motorblock, metalframe and the batterybox is going to be painted in gossy "Stoneleigh Grey". Pictures coming when all is painted and fittet to the main frame.

The hole above the lights is air intake for the cabin. There is a steeltubing all the way up on the inside of the window spar and its visible at this hole. I already made the entire box with air-vents i post pictures on this later also.

Sweetfrost

Finished painting metal frame and engine - the engine cooler-fan is not finished yet. On each cylinder there will be LYCOMING letters and on the frame NO STEP. Soon going to to a hobbyshop to get printable decals, also need some fitting for my airbrush. Got to go to work now. Cya soon.

Sweetfrost

Can't wait to,seem they assembled and in the air

Thanks mate .. me too. ;o)

I have to assemble the whole lot so I can do the fitting of the doors. Have to make the hinges too. I have made some test hinges out of aluminum but not quite happy with the design yet. Its a lot of work .. 2 hinges each side that's 8 pieces in all to saw and file out of a angled aluminum. Work takes to much of our spare time.

trainrider06

Short update again. Drilled holes for 2 mm hex button-head bolts in the landing-light housing and made a testfit on the fuse - priming it tomorrow. And today i gave the batterybox the final painting. The motorblock, metalframe and the batterybox is going to be painted in gossy "Stoneleigh Grey". Pictures coming when all is painted and fittet to the main frame.

The hole above the lights is air intake for the cabin. There is a steeltubing all the way up on the inside of the window spar and its visible at this hole. I already made the entire box with air-vents i post pictures on this later also.

that looks fantastic! Some great work your doing there! Tedious for sure but you should be proud of the end result!

- - - Updated - - -

Finished painting metal frame and engine - the engine cooler-fan is not finished yet. On each cylinder there will be LYCOMING letters and on the frame NO STEP. Soon going to to a hobbyshop to get printable decals, also need some fitting for my airbrush. Got to go to work now. Cya soon.

Those drip rails came out very nice! Are you going to do any details of the engine looking thingy?

- - - Updated - - -

Those drip rails came out very nice! Are you going to do any details of the engine looking thingy?

Sweetfrost

No details are added other than some decal letters. The engine is not detailed I know but I am afraid it would look even weirder if I try to make any thing to it. Once its mounted it will look okay - at least that's what I have seen on youtube. But Vario in Belgium has a super detailed motor 3D printed.. but its a bit out of my reach. Soon there will be Pictures of the heli fuse assembled.

trainrider06

Yeah your right, really couldn't do much with it, it would start looking kinda weird to try and detail that up.....sweet on the fuse pix can't wait!

Sweetfrost

Yeah your right, really couldn't do much with it, it would start looking kinda weird to try and detail that up.....sweet on the fuse pix can't wait!

I am trying to find the picture of the 3d printed motor - it is really nice. Maybe its till in one of my mails.

Top Bottom