Scale Vario Robinson R22

Sweetfrost

Bin a while since last post. Door hinges are one the way and board of plywood so i can make the floor - i had the idea to make the hinges my self but .. i kinda gave up on this - the hinges that is currently on the way are perfect but made of plastic - not really a problem. I want to sort the doors and floor before going on with the last detailing on the front section .. rivets etc. A few shots from today. the dark areas on the boom is just dust - it will all be wiped clean before any further paint. Plan is to make some sort of hatch or a good piece of the floor to be easy removable so i can have the light-controller and battery down there and maybe even the receiver LiPo's.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That is one awesome bird you have there Sweetfrost :twothumbsup:. Excellent job your doing their on the build :wink: Keep the pics coming.

Nade

Bin a while since last post. Door hinges are one the way and board of plywood so i can make the floor - i had the idea to make the hinges my self but .. i kinda gave up on this - the hinges that is currently on the way are perfect but made of plastic - not really a problem. I want to sort the doors and floor before going on with the last detailing on the front section .. rivets etc. A few shots from today. the dark areas on the boom is just dust - it will all be wiped clean before any further paint. Plan is to make some sort of hatch or a good piece of the floor to be easy removable so i can have the light-controller and battery down there and maybe even the receiver LiPo's.

Hey sweetfrost, good to hear from you again! Yes it's been quite a while since your last update. That bird is coming together and you're doing a beautiful job on it! Looking forward to seeing it with its paint work completed. Did you say what color you're putting on it?

Myself, I got my next kit in yesterday since finishing my Bell 47II. It's the Align 600L Dominator. I guess I'll have to start with pix shortly after I start with it.

Well, keep the pix and updates coming on that R22 ok?!

Tony

Staff member
Did I miss something along the way? Are you no longer using the 'stretchers' for your battery mounts? Or are those inside just Rx batteries? Hard to tell with a bird this size.

Sweetfrost

Did I miss something along the way? Are you no longer using the 'stretchers' for your battery mounts? Or are those inside just Rx batteries? Hard to tell with a bird this size.

Those LiPo's ( 2 x 6S 3300) on the rail are for my Trex 600. The R22 is a little tailheavy so i use those pack for counterweights ... just a precaution when i'm working on it. Once the bird is fully loaded and balanced thers no risk of the tail hitting the ground.

I will be using:

2 x 5000 6S for the main drive.

2 x min. 2200 2S for Rx.

1 x 2000 2S 6,6v LiFe for lights.

Sweetfrost

A friend om mine milled these fuel-caps for me - i was over at his house this evening to pick them up - think i owe him at least a beer now. After a few demos these are the final ones. They came out nicely. So the threading goes thru the fuse and on the inside the will be a piece of rubber (just so the paint and fiber wont crack) and a locknut.

@ Nade - any videos of your cool Bell 47 ? (youre most welcome to post in this thread also). Also .. my bird is going to be black and maybe with a lime-green (or just white) line from tail to the nose - but im not 100% on that yet.

Tony

Staff member
Does anyone else find it funny that he is using the batteries out of a 600 as counter weight? lmao. That is simply a MASSIVE bird right there!!! Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming!

Does anyone else find it funny that he is using the batteries out of a 600 as counter weight? lmao. That is simply a MASSIVE bird right there!!! Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming!

Yea dude, that is pretty crazy. Might as well put a baby or little kid in there

Sweetfrost

Hey Sweetfrost, I stumbled upon these.....wondered if they would be handy for ya in some area of detail...
My title

Thanks Trainraider !

That link is going in my personal collection of scale accessories.

Heres some links where i have ordered some parts also - both in europe but you can get english text.

http://www.cs-scale-concepts.de/index.php?language=en&&&XTCsid=kj5a36u7mqqc0b4ch2u8u8vms5 <- scale lighting and parts.

MVD Modellbauschrauben <- small screws and stuff.

trainrider06

Thanks for the links! Always good to have the know of where to get stuff.
I used to build model drag cars and motorcycles, mainly Moto GP bikes. I was just thinking I need to get back into it
Like seeing them come together with detail! It's relaxing too, tedious sometimes but relaxing.

Sweetfrost

She's looking really good! Nice alignment on the door too!

Thanks. Both doors are now just waiting to get the slit for the pint. I have done all the measuring and masking and its 1,8 mm wide and 14 mm long. Plan is to dremel the pin down a little if its too long and glue a round handle/knob on it. The holes for the hinges on the main body are a little big for the bolts because i had to widen them - it was difficult to get it exactly right the first time - the bolts are very small, only 1,2 mm. But nothing a little epoxy can handle to make it slop-free. As soon as i get home with the doors i start sanding them, adding some details .. like the small side door vents and so on. I have a good feeling about this. Pictures coming later.

trainrider06

I know just from building model kits back in the day just how tedious that sorta stuff can be! Every now and then I see some of the cool stuff available to help detail a kit, and my urge to get back into it hits. The fun part for me though was scrounging around for things to make plug wires from and other components usually stripped out of an old electronic devise :).
This was one of my last cars I did about 15 years ago, there was a red and blue version that was raced, I still have the kit to do the blue one. Guess I should at least do that one soon.
IMG_1103.JPG

Sorry I kinda horned in with a different subject here lol
Back to your original subject....:)

IMG_1103.JPG

Sweetfrost

I know just from building model kits back in the day just how tedious that sorta stuff can be! Every now and then I see some of the cool stuff available to help detail a kit, and my urge to get back into it hits. The fun part for me though was scrounging around for things to make plug wires from and other components usually stripped out of an old electronic devise :).
This was one of my last cars I did about 15 years ago, there was a red and blue version that was raced, I still have the kit to do the blue one. Guess I should at least do that one soon.
View attachment 17052

Sorry I kinda horned in with a different subject here lol
Back to your original subject....:)

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing and people are most welcome to show cool stuff they have made in this thread - i dont mind at all. You should def do the blue kit - its winther what else is there to do? Finding something usable from electronic devises or anything else is great. That is also a reason why i follow and love watching Tested on youtube and also this guy PLASMO - quite inspiring. Tested had an episode on kit bashing and how some models was made for star wars - great stuff.

Fw-190 Focke-Wulf A-8/R2 Eduard 1:48 Step by Step - YouTube

But coolest of all is this guy making superb models in aluminium. Check out his models .. its crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

trainrider06

OMG the detail on that plane was just amazing and spot on!wow!
Some great tips on the other video also got that one saved!

Top Bottom