Projects RC-Help Trainer V.3.1 Build Log

Tony

Staff member
Hey, what you do behind closed doors is your business, we don't need to know about you picking up a heavy dude.....

Tony

Staff member
Um, you were supposed to keep the fuse together. It should be one piece that folds together.

Tony

Staff member
I will have to print out some plans and show you what I am talking about. It's hard to explain.

bigone5500

I need to get some different foam board too. This black stuff looks cool but it will be hard to see the pencil lines on it. I'd like to find a case deal on some. Maybe it would be cheaper that way.

Tony

Staff member
The black stuff also separates from the foam core really easily. And that piece you have folded goes from the top fo the fuse, the center is the windshield then down to the nose.

Derek

I need to get some different foam board too. This black stuff looks cool but it will be hard to see the pencil lines on it. I'd like to find a case deal on some. Maybe it would be cheaper that way.

For planes like this, and most of my foamboard builds, I would never use any of that black foamboard. I've never had much success with it, whether it be the white foamboard with black paper or the black foamboard with black paper. My opinion, both suck for making planes. I use the foamboard sheets from the Dollar Tree or Dollar Store. I forget the brand name but it's $1 a sheet and it's great stuff! Once you get the patters traced out on the foamboard, cover both sides of the foam board with clear packing tape. The clear packing tape adds quite a bit of rigidity and a certain amount of water proofing. Pick up a roll, or three, of the packing tape while you are getting the foamboard.

Derek

man...i'd love to have that set of servo connectors but I have no idea how to shop Amazon Prime, lol. blissful ignorance, lol

Tony

Staff member
I ordered mine off of ebay. Very cheap for something that is so handy to have when you need it lol.

Top Bottom