Projects RC-Help Trainer V.3.1 Build Log

Tony

Staff member
why do you need to know what size the prop hole needs to be? Most props are oversize and come with adapters to fit the motor shaft.

It will be worth it. If you have any questions just let me know. I'm trying to get the things together and do the build video for this plane which is WAY over due. When I do the video, I can assure you there will either be a V3.2 (it's actually V3.1 you are building) or it will jump straight to V4 lol. I always find something to update. And I kind of miss making these plans.

bigone5500

I just figured the holes in the props were different. I may end up going to hobby town and getting one. I like going there anyway just to look around. I'm thinking after this build is done, I want to take a crack at converting my super decathlon to electric. Currently it has a Thunder Tiger Pro .46 ball bearing glow engine. It hasn't been ran in many years. I don't know though, this build looks like it will be super fun so I may continue on with the RCH Edge 540.

Tony

Staff member
post a picture of your Decathlon. I'm wondering if it is like mine. I have a 4 stroke in mine.

Tony

Staff member
4 stroke glow. I started it once after I purchased it, it ran fantastic, but never put it in the air. No space.

bigone5500

I hear ya. I could only fly mine in pastures. I've had it since about '06 or so. I only flew it 3 or 4 times. My trainer moved away and I had no one else to teach me. Now I have sims to do it. I have access to fields too. I did more damage moving it around the house than flying it.

Tony

Staff member
I gave $300 for the decathlon with engine and full electronics, an F4U with engine (2 stroke only ran once, .61 I think) and full electronics, a JR Tx FM, pit box and some other stuff. Pretty good deal I think.

bigone5500

This is a tough plane. The guy that was teaching me tried landing it in thick grass and flipped it end over end. The only damage was a slight crinkle to the tip of the rudder.

FYI: if you want a one of a kind RCH posting experience, play some Pink Floyd videos while posting.

Tony

Staff member
Dammit, you are making me want to go out and get the F4U wing and try to recover it again lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I'm sitting here listening to Pandora right now. And this is not the only thing that I'm doing either. I'm also running scripts on the site trying to convert broken images as well as talking to others on another forum and trying to figure out what this error code is lol. Slacker hahahaha

Tony

Staff member
Starting to get a little mad right now though lol. Can't figure out why this thing is freezing up. Ugh.

Back on topic. Get that friggin plane built lmao.

Tony

Staff member
It's not the temp that is the limiting factor, it's the wattage and how much you can run through the gun at one time. I think mine is the same, and I have just enough time to build a wing half with about half the glue that I would want to use normally. But I make it work. Damn near break the gun every wing from squeezing it so friggin hard. I need to get one of those 400w bad boys lol.

Top Bottom