Projects RC-Help Trainer V.3.1 Build Log

Tony

Staff member
Yea, Jared is talking about the free meters from HF. When you go there, you can purchase an air coupler for $0.25 and get a free $5.00 meter lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Crimpers are correct, price seems a little high on the connectors though. But I got mine on ebay...

Tony

Staff member
Servo wire. 24awg will work for most cases, but large powerful servos will need 20-22awg.

bigone5500

I'll get 22 then. That way I'm always ready.

Just got done on ebay and couldn't find the same kit or very similar with only 3 pins. Most had 4,5, up to 2x5 connections and were about the same price. I'll go with amazon. I need to take advantage of my prime membership anyway seein' as I accidentally paid for it...

Tony

Staff member
Shouldn't be an issue but if you do anything to <200 size helicopters, that wire will be HUGE on them lol.

bigone5500

So far this plane is going to cost me $123 minus the wire. I could fix my heli for that much...????

But you can't buy a plane this size for $123. So it's not that bad. Now I gotta figure out how to sneak this by my wife..."no these are parts for the dishwasher honey"...

Tony

Staff member
The "Plane" isn't going to cost you that much. You could always just purchase extensions from banggood, ebay, amazon or the like for just a couple of bucks adn not get the pliers, ends or wire. Foamboard is $4.00, motor $13, Servos $10, Control linkages FREE (steal some utility flags, that wire is perfect), control horns FREE, tape You already have it, You should have the battery to fly it, You can use your Rx and should to keep cost down, you wont' damage it, nto in the V3 fuse. So the cost is not that bad, and your only parts that you cant' reuse is $4 worth of foamboard if you crash the living crap otu of it.

Tony

Staff member
haha, If you put dihedral in it and make it slightly nose heavy, then all you have to do when you get in trouble is cut the throttle and give it a little up elevator. With enough dihedral as mentioned in the build videos, it will self-right itself.

bigone5500

The "Plane" isn't going to cost you that much. You could always just purchase extensions from banggood, ebay, amazon or the like for just a couple of bucks adn not get the pliers, ends or wire. Foamboard is $4.00, motor $13, Servos $10, Control linkages FREE (steal some utility flags, that wire is perfect), control horns FREE, tape You already have it, You should have the battery to fly it, You can use your Rx and should to keep cost down, you wont' damage it, nto in the V3 fuse. So the cost is not that bad, and your only parts that you cant' reuse is $4 worth of foamboard if you crash the living crap otu of it.
I think I need to start working overtime. This is going to get expensive. I have printed the other foam plans out so you see where this is going. Will be fun though. I need to build another storage building...man, why is this hobby so addictive??

bigone5500

Well I ordered the parts. Got the crimpers, servo cable end kit (900 pcs), servo wire, motor & esc combo, battery, banana connectors for motor, and servos. I need to figure out what size hole the prop needs to be so I can order that. I also need to get a battery terminal for the esc. All this I ordered today came out to $103.17. It sucks that it all won't come in at the same time. The servo wire will be the last thing to come.

Top Bottom