Projects RC-Help Trainer V.3.1 Build Log

Tony

Staff member
With the black foamboard, I would. Just make sure it is pretty thin packing tape. The thick stuff just makes the hinge a little too hard to move.

bigone5500

Just wanted to post a few photos of tonight's progress. First is the rudder with corrected hinge and ugly paper tear, that tape can be nasty... second is the elevator. All control surfaces use the 45 degree method @Tony mentioned. Third is the wing halves glued together. And last is a mockup to see what it looks like.

20170920_203232.jpg 20170920_203249.jpg 20170920_203222.jpg 20170920_205414.jpg

Tony

Staff member
what do you mean "close off the fuselage"? You glue that top piece to teh under side of the wing so that it can not slide around on top of the plane.

bigone5500

The top of the fuselage where the rectangle hole is. I haven't glued that part yet as I don't want to have trouble installing the pushrods from the servos. But maybe it won't be that bad if it is glued.

I got the Y adapter made tonight also. I got the hang of crimping those terminals.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not understanding why that piece would get in the way of the pushrods... Maybe I'm missing something...

bigone5500

I was thinking that if I had access to the inside of the fuselage then installing the pushrods would be easier. I guess you just stick em though huh?

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to guess that you are talking about the entire top of the fuse, and not just the access hole under the wing. In which case, yes, it would make it easier to run them. But you can run them from the outside to the inside if you are careful.

bigone5500

I need advice on where to mount the rudder servo. It seems that the servo is so far below the control surface that I'll have to bend my wire too much.

Tony

Staff member
The elevator and rudder servos are both mounted in the servo mount (H style mount) on the inside of the fuse. Just run as shallow of an angle as you can and hook it from under the control horn.

Tony

Staff member
I have always put it inside on my planes. Foamboard is so low density that it really doesn't matter. Just keep the antennas away from the motor, esc and servos and you should be fine. And it makes for a cleaner plane on the outside.

Top Bottom