General Question for you mcpx'ers ?

Tony

Staff member
brushless has a MUCH higher head speed, and combined with the 120SR tail, you can do everything with this heli. If you try a full on pitch pump with the brushed motor, you will blow the tail out. If you try a tick tock with the brushed motor, you will blow the tail out. Brushless is expensive, but it's worth it IMO.

gravybird

ok, I have noticed that with my limited bit of 3d, anytime I change the pitch to quickly, it bogs, and spins... That must be the "tail blowing out"???

So where does a guy get brushless motors these days?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Depends . Ask tony he likes his wow hobbies setup.

I prefer going Astroid designs flashes esc stuff ... Lol

Two setups with the same hardware essentially, but one is plug and play from wow, IMO hardware is good, but doesn't perform as much.

What I have is the Astroid design one with esc flashed with governor loaded on it, and the same motor and pinion and tail and all. Ends up being much cheaper, but you have to solder, and the setup is fool proof once done. Tons of power.

I am biased towards my setup cause I love it, and man you have seen videos of me flying it, I rip it in the air! ;)

Tony

Staff member
Trust me Gaba, I have just as much power as you do. More than this little heli needs lmao. But, don't get the kit from Wow. Customer service sucks. I was trying to help them out by getting this kit, and ended up getting screwed in the end. This is why I did not mention anyone in the video.

If I was to do it again, I would piece my kit together and do the soldering. But, I'm better than average when it comes to soldering too. If you don't have the skills to solder small areas, then get a plug and play kit. If you can solder pretty well, then get the piece together kit. As for where to get it, I'm not sure but I can look after I catch up on some stuff I need to do.

Lee

The Plug and Play kit from Hawk-RC is my set up. There service is great. I had an issue with the motor and they sent me another no questions asked. I just didn't like having to solder on the motor plug. But they have a motor PnP.

gravybird

Oops. She's out of commission now:( I tried to change the head, and blade grips, and I've never done that on a collective pitch. I ended up losing one of the tiny brass washers that go between the head, and the grips. Now I gotta order more stuff.

Lee

Always work on your heli's over a towel. Never lose a screw again. After hours grovelling on the floor for things, i final ley got the message. :)

gravybird

Oh ok. I even built a little raised border in a big square shape with some quarter mold on my work table to prevent that, but that stuff bounces:) a towel will be added next time. Thank you

Top Bottom