General Question for you mcpx'ers ?

Lee

Well it give a bit of directional stability in FF, but i amd many others took them off so the wind doesn't try to weather vain the heli. I don't notice any disadvantage without it.

gravybird

Ok, that makes sense. I have been flying my mcpx without it indoors, and can't really tell a difference either.

Tony

Staff member
You will in the wind as Lee stated. Anything over about 5mph will move that tail around. I keep mine on for orientation only.

gravybird

ok, I didn't get to do any outdoor flying this weekend. The wind was never below 15 to 20 mph, even over night:( I think I know why there is no flying clubs anywhere near me!

gravybird

aee68428-8df5-0161.jpg
aee68428-8e00-b2ab.jpg

Check out my new and improved "compact mcpx" was doing great outside this morning. Light wind, near the end of battery #3 and a full speed face plant into the ground. Need a whole new main frame, canopy, and a few other parts:)

gravybird

I did have a few light crashes into the grass before this one, and wow what a difference compared to crashing in my basement. both times just uprighted it, and flew. Whenever I crash inside, I have to replace linkage arms, blades, etc.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Why do you even bother flying these little birds outside? They are ment to be flown indoors in a gym or hanger or somewhere like that! Buy a 450 to fly outside! Lol my 2 cents!

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, that gives a whole new meaning to the word facepalm hahaha. Sucks but at least you put a smilie after it lmao. The main frame is kinda a pain to replace, but not really that bad. Hope you have good eye sight. I had to replace mine because of broke body mounts, and those servo screws are tiny as are the main board screws. Be sure to take the canopy off and make sure it spools up. sometimes with a plant that hard into the ground, the board will crap out.

Tony

Staff member
Why do you even bother flying these little birds outside? They are ment to be flown indoors in a gym or hanger or somewhere like that! Buy a 450 to fly outside! Lol my 2 cents!

Sam, surprisingly the mcpx flys great outside in the wind. It can handle as much wind as a 450 with flybars. they are great.

gravybird

Well to me the mcpx does great outdoors. And since I am still a noob, I have "room to catch my errors". Flying in my basement is great, but no room for forward flight, banked turns n such. I will be getting a 450 but my money tree is slow to bloom this spring:)

gravybird

Holy crap, that gives a whole new meaning to the word facepalm hahaha. Sucks but at least you put a smilie after it lmao. The main frame is kinda a pain to replace, but not really that bad. Hope you have good eye sight. I had to replace mine because of broke body mounts, and those servo screws are tiny as are the main board screws. Be sure to take the canopy off and make sure it spools up. sometimes with a plant that hard into the ground, the board will crap out.

Ok thanks for the advice. It broke one of the canopy mount pegs, and those are solid part of the main frame. Maybe I'll try to get by without one peg for a while.

Top Bottom