General Question for you mcpx'ers ?

Tony

Staff member
Why would you want to lower your headspeed in idle up? You need the speed so you can change pitch without bogging the motor as much. If you want to do it, just go into the throttle curve menu and lower it down to about 85 or whatever you want it to be. Adjust the rest of the settings in the curve to match what you adjusted on the top end.

gravybird

Ok I guess I don't really know that I want to anymore:) but throttle curve is where it is. Thanks

Sure do have a lot better control of this little guy. How much different is it flying a big collective pitch heli compared to the mcpx in reality?

Also I tried putting on the fast blades with the little prongs on them. The heli acted completely retarded, and I couldn't get it off of the ground. It was the swashplate pitching forward on spool up I think. Is that normal?

Tony

Staff member
The FFF blades add weight to the rotating blades making them more stable in FF. It's not a lot of weight, but it's a little. It should act almost the exact same with those blades on there. Are you sure you didn't put them on backwards?

as for this one compared to, say, a 450, the 450 will be much more stable IMO. Larger heli, doesn't react as fast (but still fast), and sounds much better than the mcpx lol

gravybird

Yeah, I put the fff blades on with the writing up, so I don't think they can be put on backwards:) but than again leave it to me.... I'll try it again tomorrow. I sure got "tail in" hovering, and flying under control, but I lose it when I try to make u-turns and such. Practice makes perfect, and lots of linkage arms:) MY basement is kinda narrow, so that sure doesn't help me.

gravybird

as for this one compared to, say, a 450, the 450 will be much more stable IMO. Larger heli, doesn't react as fast (but still fast), and sounds much better than the mcpx lol

so safe to say, If I get really good on the mcpx, than a 450 will come a lot easier:) can't wait!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
If you get really good at this, a 600 will come even easier !! Hahahah!

It's a great heli! And a real time sim for that matter! You perfect this heli, you can do all those tricks with any bigger heli. The most important thing this heli teaches you is collective management! Once you have that and rudder control down perfectly, you are ready to go "3D" ;)

gravybird

great... I had the best morning ever!!! flew all 3 batteries thru my 120, and all 4 batteries thru my mcpx outside, and not one crash. the wind was about 3 to 5 mph, and it was lightly flurrying. flying the mcpx outside is soooo much better than the basement!!!! It also takes the wind about a thousand times better than the 120 in my opinion:) but what do I know. had a couple beautiful banked turns, and what not. But most importantly not one crash.. Another thing I noticed was the batteries were about a minute short on their flight time in the cold, it was 18 degrees out.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah the mcpx doesn't have a flybar and is a ccpm heli. They handle the wind a lot better than any fixed pitch out there. just wait until you move up into the 450+ birds, the stability is even more so.

So... Ordered that 450 yet? :biggrin1:

gravybird

Nahhhh I got bit by my other hobby (scuba diving) and got a deal on a drysuit that I couldn't pass on. So my 450 is on hold for a couple more weeks:)

gravybird

One thing I've noticed for me is to bring the heli off the ground like a boss, and not try to ease up. I can gain control quicker n smoother. Is it like that for everyone? It seems like if I give it pitch but by bit, it'll take off across the ground sideways:) I imagine that's also similar on the bigger birds?

Tony

Staff member
Yeah the mcpx is horrible with it's left drift. And you are doing the right thing by punching it into the air. The big heli's will do the same thing, but not as extreme as the mcpx does.

Tony

Staff member
Might bog it down, worst case shorten the life of the brushes in the motor. But this thing hits full head speed pretty fast so I don't see an issue.

Lee

FBL helis need to be airbourne before adding cyclic other wise they tend to tip over . You are doing the right thing by getting it up quickly.

Top Bottom