General Question for you mcpx'ers ?

Tony

Staff member
There is a mod you can do with 1mm carbon rod. Lee knows about it, and I think he has done it. Gaba may have done it as well. Pretty much, you will snap off all of the pegs, and install the carbon rod. I would rather have the plastic since something has to give, adn the frame, although a pain to change, is pretty cheap compared to other parts.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I did it, it works good.. Astroid designs came with a carbon attachment to stock frame making it reinforced.. Check it out .. Lee's mod is cheap and easy too!! It's here on the form explained pretty well in the mcpx section..

Tony

Staff member
I did get to fly the guys mcpx that purchased my DX6i yesterday. Man I miss flying lmao. I'm going to wear this Dx8 out when I get it, if I can find my charger for my mcpx batteries. Now, I just need to get more batteries, and get the plug to do 5 at a time on my big charger and I will be in business. Here's hoping lmao.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I did get to fly the guys mcpx that purchased my DX6i yesterday. Man I miss flying lmao. I'm going to wear this Dx8 out when I get it, if I can find my charger for my mcpx batteries. Now, I just need to get more batteries, and get the plug to do 5 at a time on my big charger and I will be in business. Here's hoping lmao.

What DX 8 Tony? btw is it better to just get a DX 8 for the chaos 600 instead of a DX7? I will get a 700 one for a winter build when I have the money.

Tony

Staff member
That totally depends on you. here is how I came to the decision to get the DX8.

I started looking at Tx's as soon as I found out there was someone that wanted my DX6i. The only two brands were JR and Spektrum. They both use DSM tech, but I really liked the feel of the Spektrum. so, it came down to the DX7s and the Dx8. Now think about this and price it out. the DX7 only comes with the AR8000 Rx, the DX8 comes with AR8000 Rx, two more 6 channel Rx's, and the TR1000 telemetry module, and it's $130 more. Now, price out those two extra Rx's, and the telemetry module, and you can get the DX8 cheaper than the DX7s. It was one of those things I looked at, and said, "I'm going to need them sometime" lmao. so it was the DX8 all the way.

If you don't ever want to purchase another Tx again, get the DX8. You won't regret it. I will get mine next Tuesday, but I already know I made the right choice. Now you need to figure out if you want to save that $130, or spend it on Rx's and get a free upgrade to a DX8 lmao. Yeah, I see a DX8 in your future lmao.

Lee

My carbon frame mod is still going strong. I haven't damaged anything due to changing it. I'm still contemplating the Brushless conversion and maybe getting the carbon frame to go with it. Not sure yet. My friend has the twin tail motor set up and says its way better than the sr120 tail, which is too heavy in his opinion.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Today with 25 flight and 25 crashes at a minimum... Nothing broke!! And believe me I was doing hurricanes and went down hard couple of times! Body is still holding with that mod lee did!!

It's amazing!!

gravybird

Would you guys be kind enough to link me to the thread with the mod? It's a pain to search that stuff on mobile:)

gravybird

Well I had my first taste of upside down flights the other morning. I know the adage "no video, than it didn't happen" but I'm not a liar:) nor can I pay my family members enough money to come with me just after dawn on a weekend to film me crashing:) I was just trying to do a roll, and regain upright control, but it was very clumsy n uncoordinated. I did manage about a 3 second inverted hover before smashing the throttle kill button. Can't wait to try it some more. I can perform a roll pretty good on the sim, but as I found out, it's way different in real life.

Lee

Well done mate. Its a great feeling to get it upside down for the first time. :D

gravybird

Thanks Lee. Yes it is a good feeling. Maybe I'll have to try like another member on here said, and tape my phone to my hay to get some video:)

gravybird

d8105ae6-63d7-448a.jpg

Well that wasn't so bad... After 8,477.24 crashes... New main frame, swashplate, canopy, solid tail boom, main shaft. I think that's it for now:)

gravybird

thank you! now all I have to replace is the motor, bearings, blade grips. but those seem to be okay for now:)

Tony

Staff member
Nope, you need to do one more thing to stay up with the rest of us. it's time to go BRUSHLESS!!!!! hehe

Top Bottom