600 Pimp my Chaos 600E Pro

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Sorry to here about your crash Lee. That is one reason mine is on the shelf. I am trying to find out however. NAZA just came out with A NAZA GPS for helis! It's sapposed to do the same thing for helis that it dose for Quads. If this is so, then I'm getting one for my 600. Maybe then I'll be able to fly it!

Lee

Well i have just about everything i need except blades, but i'm going to try and get some from my friends 600 here seeing as he doesn't use them.

Tony

Staff member
Well, here is the way I think about flights. Each flight is worth so much money (for you do decide). For me, it's a nickel a flight. If I crash and the cost per flight is less than the cost of the aircraft, then it gets repaired. If I have had enough to pay for a whole aircraft, then it's a total (more for planes than heli's). It's one way to think about it anyway lmao. I have never "paid off" an aircraft lmao.

Lee

I feel lucky to have flown it for over a year without a single incident. Must be more than 100 flights. So i'm not to upset.

Lee

Ok dismantled my Bird after the crash. Now i'm 100% sure it was the servo wheels slipping on the splines.
When levelling the swash today i found that one aileron servo was at its extreme limit instead of centred. So i tried to turn the servo wheel and it slipped. The screw was still in tight, nothing was loose.
This is why in the first crash it carried on in a direction i wasn't telling it to, and just before the second crash, when i had recovered from the piro and centred the sticks, it then flipped on its back and drilled into the ground.
So why after 1.5 years of no issues would this have happened?
My conclusion is, having upgraded to 8S, I wasn't accustomed to the response time of the heli during manoeuvres. My efforts to correct the heli where extreme. The fact that i had upped the servo voltage from 4.8 to 6V was putting more than the usual pressure on the wheels, causing them to slip under extreme load.
I have now installed the metal Align servo wheel. I am super impressed with the strength of the Chaos 600. I absolutely love this bird and it hurt me to see it go in for the first time in 1.5 years of awesome flying.
But it will be receiving some love and attention, and a new look that you'll have to wait and see.
All the best
Lee

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm glad to here you figured it out Lee. Hope you get her back together soon. I may get to my 600 in a week or two and get my fbl head and gyro mounted. I'm want to give this a try to see if it I can fly it better. I'm also tossing around the idea of the new NAZA H fc for helis. It seams to me that if it works half has good has my QAV NAZA that I should be able to fly my bird too.

stokke

I'm very interested in knowing what brand and type of servos you were using during the crash.

Lee

The servos are a the original segos that come with the Chaos 600. They are in Tower pro cases, but the guts are from MKS i think. Very good servos and fast. The problem was the servo wheels which are futaba plastic ones.

attachment.php

I now have these.
attachment.php

100_2060.jpg

hsp61007-1.jpg

stokke

Well that makes me worried about my own servo wheels, which are plastic as well... Hmmm better look for some metal wheels - TO THE INTERNET!! LOL :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I don't know why lee Ran into that. I am running plastic wheels since so long... And they do fine. But Stokke you shouldn't have to worry about that. I honesty don't thins its a needed upgrade. I

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

Many helis have plastic wheels. Don't worry too much about it. I think it was just one of those things. But the new blue metal wheels do look pimp :D

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure he said he was from Scotland. I hope I'm right, otherwise I don't listen worth a crap like my wife tells me lmao.

Lee

You are right Tony. Born in Scotland on the banks of Loch Lomond, but moved away when i was 15 to England for my final 3 years of school. Since then, i have lived in a different country almost every 6 months for the last 20 years.

Top Bottom