600 Pimp my Chaos 600E Pro

Graham Lawrie

Got the canopy from HK. After seeing the prices for canopies here in europe i thought, now way i'm paying that. I was a little worried, as people had been complaining of bad packaging and cracked canopies, but mine arrived in perfect condition. Also got two sets of landing gear.
The V2 tail was 22 Euros with 7 euros postage from a shop here in Spain. Should be here Monday.

I ordered the same canopy from HK, what a price £25 delivered, i think i will get another next month what an excellent price for the UK:)

Graham Lawrie

Got the canopy from HK. After seeing the prices for canopies here in europe i thought, now way i'm paying that. I was a little worried, as people had been complaining of bad packaging and cracked canopies, but mine arrived in perfect condition. Also got two sets of landing gear.
The V2 tail was 22 Euros with 7 euros postage from a shop here in Spain. Should be here Monday.

I got my tail from China, £18 delivered to door:) one happy bunny:)

Lee

Tail arrived this morning. But now its raining. Got it all set up. Had to remember to change my servo direction and gyro comp, because this tail grip set is leading edge controlled not trailing edge like my other one. And i stuck my CY blades on that have been sitting in my parts box for nearly a year.
Also put some proper Landing gear back on and used nylon bolts to have a break away point on impact. Try to save my struts.
She's ready to rock. I will replace the head grips when i get the cash. Too much play in them now for my liking.

attachment.php

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

Oh one thing i forgot. The tail hub screws where full of thread lock. Took a bit to undo. I had considered leaving them but, glad i didn't. There wasn't a drop of grease on the Thrust bearing.

100_3171.jpg

100_3173.jpg

Lee

You can see in this picture, the pitch control arm is attached to the back edge of the tail grip. This is called Trailing edge control.
attachment.php

The new one has the pitch control arm attached to the front "leading edge control" This is suppose to make the tail less susceptible to vibrations.
As you haven't set up the heli yet you will just find out which direction works.

Lee

Did a test flight this yesterday with the new tail. Smooth as silk. No vibes all the way up to 100% throttle. I will change the main blade grips later when i have some spare cash. the tracking is out by a couple of mm which i can live with for now.

Lee

No, but its not the links that are the issue, its the play in the main blade grips bearing housings from drilling it into the ground inverted :D New grips will do the trick when i can afford them.

Top Bottom