Off Topic Chit Chat

Tony

Staff member
Yea, right after I posted that I realized I can just open up an incognito page and it would log me out (while I actually stay logged in) and I could see the red icons lol. Getting ahead of myself...

Tony

Staff member
Didn't pass the blog test. do me a favor Ivan, click on Blog at the top of the forum and make a test blog post. I will delete it after you are done so no need to worry about putting much in it. Just title it "Testing" and put "Testing" in the body and post it.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, you were able to post and it moderated your post as well. Going to have to work on this...

Tony

Staff member
Anyone remember when Netflix was $7.99/mo?

I just received an email yesterday that they are, once again, raising my price on my Netflix subscription. I don't have cable, I don't have satellite, If I need to watch the news (weather only) I have an antenna and everything else comes from my Plex server or Netflix. When I signed up for their service it was $7.99/mo. And they have continually raised the price until now, where it is sitting at $12.99/mo.

I only watch a few things on Netflix so I think I may have to just purchase what I watch and stick it on my Plex server and save that money every month.

Anyone else feel the same?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes...I do. Yes it stinks that their raising there prices...who isn't now a days Lol. The wife found free TV on goggle search if you like to check it out Tony or anyone else. It's called Pluto TV. you might like :).

Tony

Staff member
If I watched actual TV I might look into it. But I pretty much watch the same shows over and over again on the TV, which is only on for noise in the room while I do things on the computer lol.

murankar

Staff member
Made it to ft Gordon. See you all in the morning. Been a long day. 10 hours on the road for someone who doesn't do long distance. Anyhow I will be back tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
Outside install of my new internet was supposed to be Friday. Thursday was so cold that they could not do any kind of digging because their tools are made from Tin apparently. Wouldn't hear this excuse up north. So Thursday installs were pushed to Friday, and Friday installs were just put on an open order, no schedule. I call today to see when they are going to get all of this done, and the lady was very knowledgeable in BS'ing the customer to make it sound like she knew what she was talking about, but she needs to learn that not everyone is an idiot when it comes to networks.

So when is my install scheduled? I have no idea. No schedule at this point. If this internet was not so fast and cheap, I would think about staying where I am. But yea, fast internet... I'll let them think I'm an idiot as long as it gets done... Oh, and it's about 10ºF here today, that's about -12ºC. The ground is frozen to a depth of about 4" at this point. Wouldn't want them to damage their tin tools laying a small little fiber line...

Tony

Staff member
Expecting some new stuff today. One package from FedEx and one package from UPS. I need one, and wanted the other.

murankar

Staff member
So the oxy 3 has a failure due to me not paying attention. I had missed the anti rotation pin when I thread locked the swash. It back out at the end of my first flying session with it. I got 2 flights in while it was backing out and eventually fell out. So note to self thread lock the new one.

Which leads me to this next point. Like any good hobbies I ordered that part and a few others, just in case. Anyhow I did not know lynx heli stuff is made in Viet Nam. Learn something new every day. Anyhow I just ordered that stuff last week some time. Anyhow long story short it will be here on Tuesday. Yes Tuesday. If Viet nam can deliver that fast why can't China. I just don't get it.

I just looked at my order, I ordered it on Friday the 15th. Yes Friday. That's faster than Amain in Chico California. It takes a week to get crap from them. Illness this screen is wrong, that's Jimmy John's fast.

Here is proof:

P_20190317_214259_LL.jpg

Top Bottom