Off Topic Chit Chat

murankar

Staff member
I started to read it but got pulled away. I will finish it later today.

As for me this trip is coming to a close . I will be out of here tomorrow . 11 hours of road time and I will be home and in bed.

Fingers crossed the POS rogue makes it back.

Saturday I changed the filters for the intake and cabin. After replacing the cabin filter my AC clutch quit engaging. So now I don't have AC in car. I checked the fuse and it still works. Not sure what else to check at this point. The relay is not a replaceable unit. Any suggestions and ill try and taken a look at it.

Tony

Staff member
I really hate tax time.... But I did find out why I have not been getting my tax forms from google.....

Tony

Staff member
Depends on who is actually at fault. I could have sworn when I moved here in to my new house that I changed my address. I could have sworn I did it two years ago as well. But my W4 still had my old address on it. So I changed it to my current address and I guess in a year, I will find out if it actually works lmao.

Tony

Staff member
When family screws you over, that is the worst kind of disrespect. You are supposed to be able to trust family. I had more to this post, but yea, not something that needs to be in the open. Lets just say I get to go back to my fun days now....

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I know the feeling Tony. Before my dad past away, he told me and my sister that he had money set away for us. Make a long story short, my dad past in 2007 and I still haven't seen a dime. No one knows anything but records show, everyone paid there bills off, student loan, driving fancy cars and so on. A old surfing buddy told me once," Keep track of your enemy's but most of all, keep track of family because they will stab you in the back before the enemy's does!" I still don't talk to my family! :thumbsdown:

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that is about how it is here. I talk to one person in my family and she is the reason I live where I do and not out on 50 acres somewhere all alone in the woods. Never go hungry out there. If the fridge is empty, just go out to the back yard and get some more lol.

murankar

Staff member
I have a brother I refuse to talk to. When my mom passed he and his woman did everything they could tinkering brother from chipping in on the funeral expenses. Mostly because he didn't have a job and his woman didn't want to chip in.

Anyhow long story short a couple months ago his woman father passed. They wanted me to show up in my dress pretties out if respect for her father. I never replied to the texts.

Blood as thick as thieves I guess.

Tony

Staff member
My faith in humanity just went down. We are all in trouble when you have to put instructions on a damn KitKat...

69DB4A9A-F436-49A6-906A-B4BE60607F98.jpeg

Tony

Staff member
Time to reinstall my OS.... Oh what fun. At least I don't have to wait as long for the updates lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I need a good Display Port to HDMI adapter. Anyone know of a good one? I'm using a Roswill right now and it keep defaulting back to 600x800 until I unplug it and plug it back in.... @rdsok any ideas?

RandyDSok

I need a good Display Port to HDMI adapter. Anyone know of a good one? I'm using a Roswill right now and it keep defaulting back to 600x800 until I unplug it and plug it back in.... @rdsok any ideas?

I can say that I've used the VicTsing adapters ( available on Amazon ) to convert HDMI to VGA since a lot of my clients don't want to buy new monitors. I so happen to have to have a DP to VGA adapter but never have had the opportunity to test it on something. I usually steer clear of anything Rosewell when possible. I've used some of their cases when needing to cheap out and have tried their 3.5" media readers but was unimpressed with either.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I cheaped out on this one, had to. I just need to get rid of this adapter and get an actual cable. DP on one end and HDMI on the other. Hopefully that will work and keep me from having to get under my desk to unplug the cable from the GPU and plug it back in.

murankar

Staff member
I didn't but its scheduled.

I want to try the iron transfer cricut vinyl. Its expensive but I would do it once and see how it goes. It if lasts ill do another one.

Thinking I might have to invest in a decent iron.

RandyDSok

Yea, I cheaped out on this one, had to. I just need to get rid of this adapter and get an actual cable. DP on one end and HDMI on the other. Hopefully that will work and keep me from having to get under my desk to unplug the cable from the GPU and plug it back in.

It really doesn't make any difference if there is a cable between either end or if it's an all-in-one adapter as far as any quality issues go... Of course with an adapter, there would be a bit more strain on the port it's plugged into because of the added length... and the added length could cause an issue if there isn't the room for it behind the unit.

Top Bottom