Off Topic Chit Chat

wolfman76

Not a problem tony I tried calling you yesterday not sure if your number is same or not though how you been bro missed the forum so bad but just been so busy getting every way but where I would preferred to be

Tony

Staff member
Nah, got tired of all of the calls on that old number (had it for 15 years lmao) so I just got a new one. Way more peaceful now hahaha.

Tony

Staff member
If there was ever a day to fly a coax outside, today would be the day. Absolutely dead calm outside right now.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
If there was ever a day to fly a coax outside, today would be the day. Absolutely dead calm outside right now.

Did you happen to go outside and fly? Isn't still cold and uncomfortable over there? Just curious.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, no time to fly right now. I have a helicopter that I need to do a review on and today was the perfect day for it. Ah well, time will come.

And I'm about an hour or so away from Guthrie, why do you ask?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have a friend that's a truck driver and he's heading through that area and was just curious how close it's to you. :).

Tony

Staff member
If it means anything, I don't even own a coax. I do own two fixed pitch helicopters though. An mSR and a helicopter that I need to do a review on.... It's been here a while lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Sometimes you just have to step away from a project so you don't lose your mind over it...

Tony

Staff member
So I was searching some videos tonight (this morning? It's late and I can't sleep... Again...) and I thought this was funny. YouTube is pretty much FORCING this new "Studio" down our throats which is slow and reminds me of vBulletin 5.0 (the reason I switched over to Xenforo...) and I saw this. I'm wondering if they are working on the site, or if this is another of their thousands of issues with YouTube Studio.... If you look closely, that is 101612 likes and 123232 dislikes, but yet, the bar under it shows only about 85% dislikes... And yes, the video was bad enough to warrant this kind or response.... Okay, it was horrible...
Capture.PNG

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, so I just watched another video and it was just as bad, actually worse!!! But one question... How many subscribers does this guy have? hahahahahahahaha

Capture.PNG

Tony

Staff member
But wait, there's more lmmfao. Take a look at the view count!!!! How can he have 123 BILLION dislikes when he only has 264 views? Youtube at the top of their game once again!!!!!

Capture.PNG

Tony

Staff member
What in the world is up with youtube. I watch a very select kind of videos, some Rc, some machining, some electrical, some gardening and every now and then, some comedy. And in reality if that is all that is in my watch history (and it is), that is what should be showing up in my recommendations, right? WRONG!

I am getting suggestions for basketball (hate that "game" because they are a bunch of crybabies), anime (People actually watch that crap?), animals (and not the good funny ones...) and a whole slue of other irrelevant videos. None of which I'm even remotely interested in or have watched in the past. So I did a little experiment.

I cleared the cache of my browser (forcing me to sign into all of my sites again, ugh) and I cleared out the watch history from youtube. I clicked on the youtube logo and only one person appeared. I'm not going to name this person because I like his videos but I think there is more going on and don't want to throw him under the bus.

I clicked on the logo again, and again it was this one youtuber's videos. I watch ONE of HIS videos, click on the youtube logo and boom, basketball, anime, crap in other languages, stupid animal videos and so on. I have ONE thing in my history, and that is this other video I watched.

Alright I just did another test because I don't see this other youtuber watching this stuff. I cleared out all of my cache and I watched ONE of MY videos. The T-Maxx 2.5 Teardown video. I clicked on the youtube logo and there it is, wrestling, stupid animals, basketball, other country street food, wwe, mma, even one that says "lofi hip hop / jazhop (this is a thing?), samm henshaw (who?)....

Youtube is screwing this stuff up big time IMO. I'm not watching this crap. But if you look at the views of this crap, someone watches it. NONE of these are under 500k views. stupid animals almost 4 million views, that lofi thing 7.3 million views, something that I can read because I don't speak that language 4.6 million views....

Youtube is no longer about helping the little guy. It's about drowning out the little guy and putting so much stupidity into the world that people won't be able to avoid it....

Top Bottom