Off Topic Chit Chat

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well I recently crash my Gaui X3 :( so under the tree I have a Gaui X3L. The Admiral has a Gaui X3 under his tree and If I'm correct Bigone5500 is looking to get a 500 I think. I will post a build for my heli as I go.

grumpy1

This may not help anyone but was watching tear down video an heard Tony speak of water collects on internal parts. From my experience in my racing days the fuel storage plays a big part in that also. We would was using methanol as fuel . I noticed that after about 2/3's of drum both EGT readings would start to increase 100 150 degrees an more moisture would accumulate in valve cover.. the water temp would start to rise too, classic signs of leaning out would have to fatin' up carb..fought that for a couple seasons. Don't know why but I decided to put nitrogen blanket on fuel stored in drum.what I done was put mounted nitrogen bottle in trailer put regulator/ flow meter on it ...evertime I got fuel out I purged drum with nitrogen ,think about it you replacing liquid with atmosphere..once started doing stoped the EGT rise was eliminated thought out entire drum..it didn't eliminate the condensation problem but helped a lot..to eliminate that after each run put shop vac in valve cover for a few minutes an just about eliminated the moisture problem. Can't do that on these motors but you might could EXHALE in your fuel container to disperse oxygen an that replaced fuel...just a thought

Tony

Staff member
Sometimes.... You have to be the bad guy to teach someone a lesson in who they are becoming.....

Geena

Staff member
I don`t have to deal with an unruly teenager, but I do have to suffer the id-10-Ts at work.

RandyDSok

( brought over from another thread so I'm not taking it off topic too much )

Don't make me come up there... :chuckles:

Come on up, I'd be willing to share this cold that I've had since the 1st of the month... I typically get rid of a cold in 3-5 days at the most, but this thing has been hangin' on since forever.

murankar

Staff member
So Easter is later than i thought. So if I am able to make It to FLA I will let you know. Right now my guess is no so we shall see.

This class in an going Rob is going to be the hardest military class I will have taken.

I will make a solid attempt to get to FLA .

murankar

Staff member
Okay I have a bit of an issue. Lets say I am miffed it these dang gum tinkerbells who post How-To videos or overview videos. These freaks of nature need to learn how to move the gums up and down a bit. A silent how to video is like a screen door on a submarine, useless. Look we have been out of the silent film industry for a couple years now. Lets get with the times, speak; lord knows you'll say something if you were offended.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I agree. When I hear loud (annoying) music and see someone immediately POINT to something, it's a thumbs down and an alt+left arrow to exit the video. I can't stand that crap.

murankar

Staff member
I am sitting here at work waiting for the night to end. I am surfing the forum and reading the newest posts. For whatever reason I asked myself "What ever happened to wc_wickedclown". He; for those who dont know, is a youtuber thats a huge RC heli guy. Did everything and put out a ton of how to type videos and few flying videos too. Mostly he did a lot of how tos. For what ever reason his name jumped in to my head. Oh and he was a brief member on here a few years ago.

Nough of that

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately he passed away. Pancreatic cancer I believe. He was a cool guy, that's for sure.

murankar

Staff member
Wow didn't even know that. I was just on his channel re watching his videos. Had one of him in the hospital dealing with blood clots in his lungs. I am only saying this because he said it in his video. Sad sad sad.

I will keep going back to watch his stuff.

Top Bottom