Off Topic Chit Chat

Tony

Staff member
I kind of figured Geena lmao. And you are right, how people can do nothing but destroy other peoples lives I will never understand... I create to help people and am constantly fighting people that want to do nothing but spread hate. Definitely an uphill battle.

grumpy1

Hey....psssst....pssst over here.. I have some plans on PDF format anyway to send them to post on site to be available for someone to build if wanted....or do in need to send to Tony first ..cessna agwagon

Tony

Staff member
Give me a little bit and you can email them to me. I'm setting up a new email account that the site is going to use just in case my old one is compromised. I don't think it is, but with 6000+ members and their emails, I'm not taking any chances. Once I have it setup, you can email them to me and I will get them on the site as soon as I can. Just have to deal with this minor issue first which is going to take a little while to accomplish.

grumpy1

No problem ...just let me know when to send. When I get plans on that format I email them to the engineering dept where I retired from an they reproduce them, guess I'm lucky to have that service available an at no charge either..plus them guys extra heavy bond paper...just about bullet proof,especially in our Fab shop it had to have extra special repellant for ol"crusty...moody.... grumpy union pipefitters..it called a BS-1 treatment..spilled coffee don't even leave a mark..seriously haven't had any problems with the ones they have done for me as long as they maintain 1:1 ratio

Tony

Staff member
Alright bro, you can send those files to rch@rc-help.com. This is a brand new, never used email address that will be used from now on for safety reasons. Not even I can remember that password on that account hahaha. I'm really tired of all of the issues that have come up and this is step 2 in my process. Step 1 was getting a VPN so that no one can see what it is that I'm doing online. Small price to pay for privacy.

Tony

Staff member
I did, but it was not as secure as it could have been. Again, nothing appears to have been affected on the server.

Tony

Staff member
@murankar from what we talked about on the phone, I decided to just use the windows installer USB that I had to go into CMD and use diskpart to clean the drive, then create a new partition, mark it active and then do a full format on the drive. And for a 500gb SSD, this is going to take a while. But at lease I know that ever sector on the disk will be destroyed and I can feel somewhat safe about reinstalling windows on it and going from there.

murankar

Staff member
thats should be fine then. There is one other option for finalizing your formate is to do a disk shred. What it does is write zeros over every sector a few times to ensure all data is destroyed.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I used to have a DoD program that would write 0's, then 1's, and then a random 0's and 1's to completely destroy any data on a drive. Took HOURS to complete though lol.

Tony

Staff member
You are right about that. Only other thing I can do now is to reflash the bios. Just heard from a buddy that some virus' can actually embed in the bios... Not taking any chances...

murankar

Staff member
Yes they can but the likelihood is very minimal. Your not a prime target, at least I don't think you would be. You know how to handle a bios flash just make sure you have a good image and its current.

Tony

Staff member
Downloaded a fresh image and already installed it. As old as this computer is, it was pretty basic. I really need to update my computers...

leedude1

Gentlemen, Hola,
Been awhile. How's everyone doing? I wish you all the best over the holiday seasons for you and yours.

Ill be tinkering with my helis over the holdays and will pop in a few times for sure.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Leedude1, what's happening. Happy holidays to you and your family too! :). There's a few helis that individuals, like my self, will be getting for Christmas. It should be a good new year for builds and flight video.

leedude1

Yeah I know there a couple of new ones around.
I was considering a fleet addition myself but really still on the fence there.
What are you.looking to get my man?

Top Bottom