Off Topic Chit Chat

Tony

Staff member
I used to do it every day when I was on a truck. Turns me into someone that no one wants me to be... Trust me.

leedude1

Just realised July 4th...yeah must be pretty intense. Ours (canucks)Just past but there's a lot less fanfare.

Tony

Staff member
In the city, it's pretty quite except for when the city sets them off. Out here in the country though, it is legal to set them off and holy hell I think all of my neighbors purchased the largest shells they possibly could. Those things were louder than I remember any of them in the past being.

RandyDSok

Sun's out and we are right under a storm. Thank you Oklahoma...

Yeah, a cloudburst developed just east of Purcell, started splitting just south of you... doesn't even look as if it'll make it to Norman before it dissipates. There may have been a couple of minor microbursts even... not big but there were a couple of gust fronts that moved away from it.

Looks like we may have several of those develop around the area... but not a lot, just scattered stuff.

Tony

Staff member
I know we had a lightning strike very close to my house as that gust front was passing. Scared the crap out of the wife lol.

Tony

Staff member
Just read a news story about two gay guys that have legal guardianship of one of their sisters with down syndrome and is non verbal and were told they could not to into the dressing room with her. Then the associate at Walmart started cussing at them. Again, this is a news station and we know they always tell the truth.... :-/ I'm sure @Jacob Davis has his hands full with this one...

Tony

Staff member
So I just thought my house was on fire....

My thermostat is having an issue connecting to my router so I have been trying to set it up. After the 4th attempt at trying to get it going it still says No IP Address which is stupid because my DHCP server is working just fine. I guess I just need to locate the MAC address of the thermostat and set it up as a static IP. But, I reset it for the 4th or 5th time (lost count now...) and the AC kicked on as it does and I went into my office to get on the computer to look at some router settings.

Once I came into the room, I was hit with the smell of smoke. Something is burning! My daughter is vacuuming the living room at the time and I'm running around looking for anything and everything. Maybe something fell on my soldering iron, why the hell is my soldering iron on... Oh, it's not, that's not it. I run into the server room where I have a literal 'crap ton' of wires and devices and nope, no smell in there. I run back into the office (run is a loose term, fat boys don't run...) and I'm hit with the smell again. I yell at my daughter to shut off the vacuum cleaner and I don't smell it as bad out there. I come back in to the office and the temp had risen quite a bit. I put my hand down to the grate in the floor and heat is coming out of the vent, not AC...

I have electric heat, and I guess the thermostat is just as pissed off at me as I am at it and even though it says COOL on the face meaning it is in AC mode, it kicked the friggin heater on! It's hot as hell outside and the damn thing kicked the friggin heater on!!!!

Time to save pennies and get a new thermostat. This one is about 10 years old or so now so it's time... But man are the new ones expensive....

Tony

Staff member
Nope, won't ever do that because I have way too many settings to just let it run. If I did that my electricity bill would be over $400 a month. Not going to happen. With my current settings, I'm under $200/mo.

I did put in the MAC address, and it does show the correct name and everything, but it is still saying NO IP Address.... I think me and this thermostat are going to the back woods and only one of us are coming back...

murankar

Staff member
Had to break down and get some new pants. I am very picky about my pants. I only wear Levis 550's or 501's, I like the 550s more but the 501s show off my butt :lmao: . Since I cant afford those I decided to Gaberial Brothers (Close out discount store). Turns out they have Carhartt, Cat and Stanley cloths. After almost two hours and two sotres I found a pair of pants that I can wear to work and hiking, Carhartt of course. Retail $50, Gabe's $25. Yep 50% off.:chickendance:

Top Bottom