Off Topic Chit Chat

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, I could not have said it better! That is awesome. I just enjoy getting a laugh out of them. If you thank them, they will get even more pissed and never come back lmao

Tony

Staff member
Go to iTunes website to download iTunes. Says "Downloads In Seconds", then shows a 260MB file.... When you have slow internet like I do, that is a hell of a lot of seconds!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Doing a little work in the garden. It's only over 90º with no wind and not a cloud in the sky.... Yea, it's hot....

Admiral

Did a bit of the same, mainly cleaning up Autumn leaves and mowing lawns, winter down to 22º C or 72º F great time of year for working outside.

Tony

Staff member
This heat up here makes me want to get a summer home (well, spring/fall home) down there lmao. Just did a little work in the chicken coop and holy cow is it hot out there. You can't drink enough water...

Tony

Staff member
[rant]
So I have a package coming that has parts in it for a members computer. I checked tracking yesterday and it was in Kansas. I checked today, IT'S IN TEXAS!! I hate shipping companies sometimes...

Tony

Staff member
A package that was supposed to be here on Thursday is not here yet. This package contains over $1000 worth of product from a member for whom I'm working on his helicopters. The last update on the tracking website was from Friday and it just says "In Transit To Next Facility". No city where it was or anything.

Point of this post, if you are shipping anything to me or anyone else that is over $50 in value, definitely put insurance on it. All this member has is $50, what's included from USPS, on this package. That means he is out over $950!!! Insure your packages. It may just be worth it!

leedude1

Tired of stripping tail gears because I have to rush land my 450 when some one runs into the field with a dog, soccer ball or bike ...ARRRRGHHHH! the right thing to do but when it isn't dumb thumbs or me pushing it just sucks:rant: :damnit:... ok I feel better now thanks :flowers1:

liquid1

Howdy everyone its been a while, Works been wide open and I been busy working on a used car we bought our daughter.. Popped the timing belt took out the top end.. Real fun times and expensive. Hope everyone has a safe and good 4th of July coming up.

murankar

Staff member
Two things on those torque tubes, well three. If that's an align upgrade to black gears. Up grade to a belt or you can shim the rear of the skids to raise the tail off the ground.

Admiral

Tired of stripping tail gears because I have to rush land my 450 when some one runs into the field with a dog, soccer ball or bike .

With my 450L I have fitted a set of 470L skids they are lower at the front and lifts the tail, much more bettera.

leedude1

Damn, I didnt think of the "L" having a different profile. You are right ....Are they a straight mounting swap, or did you need to modify anything?

I ordered 500 skids for it and was going to pop those on they are already on their way.

I also now bring those rubber kids playroom "jigsaw stlye mats " I put 4 together and pin the corners down with tent pegs and use it as a HELI pad...has been working like charm.
Levels the playing field...pun intended :applouse:

Admiral

For the 450 Pro or 450L the skids go straight on I also have 500X skids on my 500 for the same reason the spacing on the mounting holes are different so you need to drill new holes, but they work well.

Tony

Staff member
Today sucks more than most. Yesterday was no walk in the park either which you guys know if you tuned into the short and horrible Sim Sunday.

Admiral

What happened ? We had one of the Grandsons for the day, no hope of joining the session with Sam around. LOL

Top Bottom