Off Topic Chit Chat

leedude1

Can anybody give me direction for a functional video editing app for a tablet that works and won't cost my 100$..
Tony, Hats off my man this video stuff is pissin me off.
I'm now on my 2nd app and both aren't working well and are messing up the video.
All I want to do is merge two vids and post.
Now at after several hours of wasted time I may just post as part 1 and 2 and skip all the grief.

RandyDSok

Can anybody give me direction for a functional video editing app for a tablet that works and won't cost my 100$..
Tony, Hats off my man this video stuff is pissin me off.
I'm now on my 2nd app and both aren't working well and are messing up the video.
All I want to do is merge two vids and post.
Now at after several hours of wasted time I may just post as part 1 and 2 and skip all the grief.

Tablets come in many flavors.... Android, iOS, and Windows being the most common 3 ( probably a handful of 'nix units also ) and which one you have and what version of the OS is more important than it being a tablet.

leedude1

Thanks, my dimness for these things is pretty apparent.:dejection:

But here are the deets...

LENOVO YT 3 -X 50F

ANDROID 5.1.1

Tony

Staff member
do you not have a computer laying around somewhere? I know nothing about working on phones and tablets.

RandyDSok

I'm with Tony on this one... ( besides the fact that I don't work with video editing )...

Even a decently configured 10yr old Windows XP computer will likely be a better system to try to edit something like video on. Tablets are usually for nothing more than the most basic tasks at best... and video editing is nothing close to being a basic task.

You may try seeing if Adobe Premiere Clip will work or not... but consider some of the limitations you are up against. Having only 1Gb of system memory means that the system is going to have to swap back and forth to the storage area a lot... and with only 16Gb ( on the standard one at least ) of storage, you may run out of space to work with the video file depending on what size it is.

When editing any file type, on any OS out there... the system first must make a copy of the original that it is working with.... so that doubles your storage requirements not to mention what the OS itself may also need to operate. So first, look at the file sizes of both videos then multiply it by two ( plus a little for OS and program overhead ) and then make certain you have at least that amount of available free space before you start. If you don't have at least that... it won't matter what program you try to use or how much it may cost.

Tony

Staff member
I would just get a windows 7 machine and put windows movie maker on it. Simple and easy to use and best of all, it's free.

leedude1

I have my pc, running windows 10. ..I just figured straight from the source would have been easier.
Windows movie maker is downloadable from the Microsoft site I guess for pc?

Im at the office now so can't really play around..but if that's the case I'll look into it tonight.

Tony

Staff member
It should be. I'm not sure, I use power director for my videos. It works, but it's not the best.

leedude1

K thanks, will do your impressiveness :biggrin1: .
For what I will be doing I don't need anything more than scotch tape and time.

Just need to merge 2 files and upload to you tube. End of game :beerchug:

RandyDSok

I have my pc, running windows 10. ..I just figured straight from the source would have been easier.
Windows movie maker is downloadable from the Microsoft site I guess for pc?

Im at the office now so can't really play around..but if that's the case I'll look into it tonight.

Movie Maker is probably already installed on your Windows 10 and if not, it's available in the Windows Store for free

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately they stopped putting it on windows a few years ago. Not sure why, but they did lol.

RandyDSok

Unfortunately they stopped putting it on windows a few years ago. Not sure why, but they did lol.

Probably not a good idea to not post support info when you've got a headache... LMAO

I'm also probably over do for a fresh reload here at the house... but I just haven't had any issues to speak of to warrant it. I did a quick search on my computer here, found it and didn't remember installing it... hence my comment. Thinking about it more after your post, I do recall trying to do a slideshow type video to post and share some pics but I don't recall what program I ended up using now.

leedude1

Thank you for the direction and insights.
I'll look things over tonight and let you know once the dust settles where I landed with the program etc. Hopefully only one link posted and a little hair left over .

leedude1

K loosing my mind.. :loser: frustration wins and two parts it will remain. :biggrin1:

Part 1 =
Part 2 =
Gonna drop the links in the 550 section and this is up on you tube hopefully will help someone.

leedude1

sorry tony,

just wanted to drop the links here didn't realize they would post the vids here as well ...you can deleted them from here if you like Im going to post as you asked in the 550 section now.

leedude1

K ive dropped them in the 550 section.

Thanks all for the help . Tony again, my man hats off for the video stuff you put out it is not my bag at all. LMAO

Tony

Staff member
Once you do it a few hundred times, it becomes quite simple. I actually use a ShuttlePRO 2 to help with video editing. One hand on that, the other on the mouse and I can get about 2 hours of video cut down to about 20 minutes in about 2 hours. the initial edit to the final production that I upload, I will have watched the video about 4-5 times by the time you guys see it lmao. It gets very boring after the second time, but I once missed editing out something that shouldn't have been in a video, and now I make sure not to do that again.

Tony

Staff member
What are the sizes of the video files? If they are not too big, I may have you upload them to my dropbox and I will put them together and try to get that hum out of the video.

Top Bottom