General help with Elevator servo Align 450L dominator

Lee

From the video you posted, the tail gyro gain seems to be ok now, as the tail didn't wag.
Its now down to something else, but to me, it looked like it only wobbled when you cut the throttle.

You live in Fort Lauderdale.
I'm sure theres a club near you somewhere.
Guys at the clubs are normally very helpful.
Get a knowledgable pilot, to have a look over your model, and check it for you.

I'm sure if I had the model in my hands, I could fix your issue in a few minutes, but its hard to tell, one photo at a time :) .
We will always do our best to help, but sometimes its better to let someone get there ands on it :)

From the video you posted, the tail gyro gain seems to be ok now, as the tail didn't wag.
Its now down to something else, but to me, it looked like it only wobbled when you cut the throttle.

You live in Fort Lauderdale.
I'm sure theres a club near you somewhere.
Guys at the clubs are normally very helpful.
Get a knowledgable pilot, to have a look over your model, and check it for you.

I'm sure if I had the model in my hands, I could fix your issue in a few minutes, but its hard to tell, one photo at a time :) .
We will always do our best to help, but sometimes its better to let someone get there ands on it :)
The tail looks like ok now .. But somethings else now .. Yes you right when I cut the throttle it wobble like to brake in half !
I went ones at hobbyshop Maniacshobby here in Fort Lauderdale but the heli guy weren't there and they told me to make an appointment and want to charge me $40/hour just to see the heli.
Last week I just got my AMA card.

Lee

Yeh unless you get lucky, a shop is not the best. They just want your money mostly.
As I said, take it to a club. You'll have better luck there, and they won't charge you.

If you are worried about it tipping over, put some training gear on it, to give you a wider base for stability.
It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a couple of bamboo rods or similar.
Also testing on a slippy tile floor is going to cause all sorts of issues.
Put it on something with more grip.

Yeh unless you get lucky, a shop is not the best. They just want your money mostly.
As I said, take it to a club. You'll have better luck there, and they won't charge you.

If you are worried about it tipping over, put some training gear on it, to give you a wider base for stability.
It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a couple of bamboo rods or similar.
Also testing on a slippy tile floor is going to cause all sorts of issues.
Put it on something with more grip.

Yes you right at the store they just want the money !
Thanks again for the advices !! I always appreciate!

What's up guys...

I'm back ! 2 days ago I got on the mail the DFC main rotor and I changed it and today finally I put my bird on the air, just for little bit but I'm happy with it!
The tail still little wag but it's much better than before!

3-Video ALign 450L Dominator - YouTube

I know I flew for just a few seconds and at the beginning I lost control a little bit then I took control after that, well...I felt the control was so smoothly I liked it !!
The TX settings are:

D/R & Expo
Aileron 85% 35%
Elevator 85% 35%
Rudder 80% 30%

Throttle:0,35,65,85,85
Pitch : 48,55,72,90,100
Gyro : 30.0%

Step by step I'm getting in there !! All Thanks for you guys !!

Tony

Staff member
Looks like the tail gain is a little low. If you are not using a high end servo, you may try putting in a little big of delay into the gyro. that will calm down the wagging.

Looks like the tail gain is a little low. If you are not using a high end servo, you may try putting in a little big of delay into the gyro. that will calm down the wagging.

Hi, Tony

I will try that adjusting on the TX. I'm using the tail servo DS525M Digital.

Tony

Staff member
Other things to check is make sure every joint of that tail is buttery smooth. The slightest catch will cause this wag. Also make sure there is no play in the tail.

i was checking the tail and I've disconnected the ball link from the Tail Pitch bellcrank on the tail and I tried to move left and right with my fingers and I feel a binding or little resistance ...wasn't smooth..So.. the screws was over tighten ..i took the screws all out and slowly tighten again and check if the blades moving smoothly left and right...(is hard to explain but i hope you understand).after that I did another quick test on my small leaving (very danger) and the tail wasn't wag at all!!! I did it!! i did !!:beerchug: :yahoo:
tomorrow i will make another video and post here !
Good night !!! Finally I can sleep and have a real flight dream!Lol

Tony

Staff member
Make sure those screws are threadlocked in very well. Otherwise, your flight tomorrow could end quite abruptly.

i was checking the tail and I've disconnected the ball link from the Tail Pitch bellcrank on the tail and I tried to move left and right with my fingers and I feel a binding or little resistance ...wasn't smooth..So.. the screws was over tighten ..i took the screws all out and slowly tighten again and check if the blades moving smoothly left and right...(is hard to explain but i hope you understand).after that I did another quick test on my small living room (very danger) and the tail wasn't wag at all!!! I did it!! i did !!:beerchug: :yahoo:
tomorrow i will make another video and post here !
Good night !!! Finally I can sleep and have a real flight dream!Lol

:) :)

Finally my bird is ready to fly!!! very smooth and easy to control i'm surprised ! much easier to fly than my blade 300cfx ! all setup finished ... all thanks to you guys that helped a lot!
now i just need to practices and more practices !

Finally is ready! - YouTube

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
She seems to handle a lot better this time vs the last time. Looks good. Keep up the good work and enjoy your bird.

Top Bottom