General help with Elevator servo Align 450L dominator

Hello, Guys!!

After almost 4 weeks and one accident finally finished setup my Align 450L last night! But I have one problem and don't know how to fix it. I think the microbeast setup are ok! The elevator servo arm goes up and down just fine but it touches the tail boom mount on the way down and up ... attached some pictures

i will appreciate any help!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

i made a short video to easy understand ... will be easy to cut the servo arm ..but if is a way to fix instead to cut it !

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Yep, just file down the arm till it doesn't touch.
I had to do the same thing with my Goblin 570 on the tail servo, so it didn't touch the tail belt.

I would just cut the arm off to the first hole. Should get you enough clearance.

Thank you Tony ...! If you said so ... I will do it ! I just want to be sure .. Don't want to make more mistakes as before ! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, just file down the arm till it doesn't touch.
I had to do the same thing with my Goblin 570 on the tail servo, so it didn't touch the tail belt.
Thanks .. I will do that .. Will be easier

I would just cut the arm off to the first hole. Should get you enough clearance.

its me again...!! :cool-new:

i cut the servo arm and just test my bird for the first time ..of course it not flown ! i believe i have to do a lot of adjustment ...let me ask you something ...soon when I turned off the motor was very hot also the ESC...this is normal or i have to concern about ?

how hot is hot? Warm/hot is normal. Anything over 190ºF is too hot.

Was very hot... Can't keep my fingers on it !
Do you have a video or something that could help me to make this bird fly .. I think will be very hard for myself.. I don't want to take the heli to a hobby shop .. I will prefer learn how to do it !

Tony

Staff member
When you say you tested it, how did you test it exactly? What motor/ESC are you using and what are your timing settings? What pinion are you using on the motor? And did you ever go above 25% throttle? The more information you can provide (including videos of how you tested) will help out a lot.

When you say you tested it, how did you test it exactly? What motor/ESC are you using and what are your timing settings? What pinion are you using on the motor? And did you ever go above 25% throttle? The more information you can provide (including videos of how you tested) will help out a lot.

I bought this heli from helidirect store and everything is stock
Align T-REX 450L Dominator Super Combo 6S with Microbeast PLUS - HeliDirect
The motor is 460Mx brushless, the pinion is 11T (3.5mm).
The way I test it was just turn on and try to fly .. That's it ! I guess the throttle was no more than 25% .. I tried very slow. I changed the settings d/r expo
Aileron, elevator and rudder to 80% and expo 45%
The throttle curve 0,20,35,55,85%
Pitch curve 0,20,45,60,75

But I turned on the heli for just 5 minutes I guess. Also after 20% throttle the tail was shaking like crazy than I turn off the heli.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought this heli from helidirect store and everything is stock
Align T-REX 450L Dominator Super Combo 6S with Microbeast PLUS - HeliDirect
The motor is 460Mx brushless, the pinion is 11T (3.5mm).
The way I test it was just turn on and try to fly .. That's it ! I guess the throttle was no more than 25% .. I tried very slow. I changed the settings d/r expo
Aileron, elevator and rudder to 80% and expo 45%
The throttle curve 0,20,35,55,85%
Pitch curve 0,20,45,60,75

But I turned on the heli for just 5 minutes I guess. Also after 20% throttle the tail was shaking like crazy than I turn off the heli.

Tony

Staff member
Running the helicopter at a low throttle will heat things up quite a bit. More so than full throttle because 1. there is no air flow and 2. it's requiring more torque to spin things. If this is all stock, I would not worry too much about it. But we do need to get it up in the air.

Set your curves to those below. Then, use the swash menu to lower the collective pitch.

Throttle:
Normal: 0 45 70 70 70
IU1: Flat 85
IU2: Flat 95

Pitch:
Normal: 46 48 50 75 100
IU1 & IU2: Linear.

Running the helicopter at a low throttle will heat things up quite a bit. More so than full throttle because 1. there is no air flow and 2. it's requiring more torque to spin things. If this is all stock, I would not worry too much about it. But we do need to get it up in the air.

Set your curves to those below. Then, use the swash menu to lower the collective pitch.

Throttle:
Normal: 0 45 70 70 70
IU1: Flat 85
IU2: Flat 95

Pitch:
Normal: 46 48 50 75 100
IU1 & IU2: Linear.

I just made the changes on the TX ... When you said "use the swash menu to lower the collective pitch" what you means ?

Also I said it is all stock but i build it .. This is the problem ... !! My first build heli ... I guess it's all in the right places!!
Thank you so much to helping me !!!

Tony

Staff member
As I was typing this, I realized you are using the beastx gyro. So you are using 1 servo 90º and not 3 servo. So you wont' have a swash menu. That's my bad.

In that case, in your DR menu, you can lower the values as well as in the servo setup menu to reduce the overall throw. You should have 6º of cyclic as per the menu where you go for the blue light and you should set up at least 10º of collective pitch.

As I was typing this, I realized you are using the beastx gyro. So you are using 1 servo 90º and not 3 servo. So you wont' have a swash menu. That's my bad.

In that case, in your DR menu, you can lower the values as well as in the servo setup menu to reduce the overall throw. You should have 6º of cyclic as per the menu where you go for the blue light and you should set up at least 10º of collective pitch.

Yes I have the beastX. I will try more settings tomorrow. How do I set up 10 degrees of collective?
I'm apologizing for lots of questions!

Tony

Staff member
Never apologize for asking questions. That is what we are here for!

In menu G ( I think, been a while since I did the BX setup), you will set it there. You should do this with a linear curve and set the negative and positive to the same numbers.

In menu G ( I think, been a while since I did the BX setup), you will set it there. You should do this with a linear curve and set the negative and positive to the same numbers.

Now I understand! Great !! How about the rudder .. I also have to change it or not ? I was watching some of your videos on YouTube .. They are great !! Thanks so
Much to do that !

Tony

Staff member
You usually won't need to touch the rudder. Just set your end points and take it out flying. If it's too twitchy, we will address that later. Don't want to put to too much on your plate all at once.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter

Hey there Tony. "G" is the servo centering @90 degrees and 0 out on the pitch gauge. "H" is the swashplate mixer "120", "J" is the one with 6 degrees and the blue light special is on. "K" is the one you set to get your positive/negative pitch "10-11-12?" Just wanted to help out. :)

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for that bro. So much going on (mainly studying so I can get out of this truck) that I didn't have time to look in the manual.

So OP, Menu K is where you would set your pitch. G, not going to get much done there as far as pitch goes lol. Servos are VERY slow in that menu :slomo:

Thanks for that bro. So much going on (mainly studying so I can get out of this truck) that I didn't have time to look in the manual.

So OP, Menu K is where you would set your pitch. G, not going to get much done there as far as pitch goes lol. Servos are VERY slow in that menu :slomo:

Thanks again! I will let you know later on what's gonna happening! If everything goes well ..you can jump out of the truck! Lol

Top Bottom