700 Goblin Build...

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
All the goblins I've looked at do not include electronics! That 770 is $1200.09 just for the bird. Then the electronics! Lol Anoughty $800-1000.00 hmmmm

stokke

Freakin' awesome. Is the canopy a pain to take off and put on on these? I find the wrap around form of the 550 X Pro's canopy to be mildly annoying. Have to figure it is that much worse on the Goblin since the back flaps to back even further.

I've had my Goblin for a short while now, and the Canopy mounting/removal gets easier :D In the beginning I struggled a lot, but now it's apiece of cake.

I have been looking at the 500. In which case, standard is about $650 but if you want the special canopy it becomes $700. If you actually want the Ikon with it, it will set you back $850.
but both canopies will have Ikon written on it....
I got really excited thinking they were going to do an awesome package deal, but oh well....
nothing's changed, keep saving the pennies and risk divorce ;) hahahahaha

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I have been looking at the 500. In which case, standard is about $650 but if you want the special canopy it becomes $700. If you actually want the Ikon with it, it will set you back $850.
but both canopies will have Ikon written on it....
I got really excited thinking they were going to do an awesome package deal, but oh well....
nothing's changed, keep saving the pennies and risk divorce ;) hahahahaha

LOL...in time.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
So i have been doing a lot of seraching and reading and searching and reading on how to get this HV160 ESC programed. As i read I run into threads on the goblin build where people have issues and remedies. Make sense, so i will be doing a little removing of parts to better secure them and not follow "some" of the manufacture recomendations. Anywho! back to the HV160 I believe i may be ready to program this badboy, i will put my list together and check em twice. GABA any input to this will be a big help, since i will be runnig the same setup (HV160 to IKON).

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So i have been doing a lot of seraching and reading and searching and reading on how to get this HV160 ESC programed. As i read I run into threads on the goblin build where people have issues and remedies. Make sense, so i will be doing a little removing of parts to better secure them and not follow "some" of the manufacture recomendations. Anywho! back to the HV160 I believe i may be ready to program this badboy, i will put my list together and check em twice. GABA any input to this will be a big help, since i will be runnig the same setup (HV160 to IKON).

Man!! You should have asked before you drive yourself nuts reading around ... :D lol

So get your castle link hooked up to the computer. And then program the esc with their software. You need atleast a 6s pack connected to the esc so it will talk to the castle link. The throttle type will be EXTERNAL GOVERNOR. That means you will be going with ikon governor (recommended) ... If you don't have the equipment to go with ikon governor (aka digital phase sensor..) you will have to run the castle governor .

Let me know what you will be running ... If running castle governor .. Select throttle type helicopter . Then you will need to set your governor values and motor and gearing types.

So find out what your gear ratio is, your motor pile count , and the pwm suggested by the manufacturer

Then we have to go into throttle calibration ... Which is another very important thing.

Let me what you have gotten till now, and what you wanna use... Then we will move forward .

I am guessing ikon is programmed and your Tx end points have been already adjusted to get 100 percent throw in ikon on all controls ..? :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Man!! You should have asked before you drive yourself nuts reading around ... :D lol

So get your castle link hooked up to the computer. And then program the esc with their software. You need atleast a 6s pack connected to the esc so it will talk to the castle link. The throttle type will be EXTERNAL GOVERNOR. That means you will be going with ikon governor (recommended) ... If you don't have the equipment to go with ikon governor (aka digital phase sensor..) you will have to run the castle governor .

Let me know what you will be running ... If running castle governor .. Select throttle type helicopter . Then you will need to set your governor values and motor and gearing types.

So find out what your gear ratio is, your motor pile count , and the pwm suggested by the manufacturer

Then we have to go into throttle calibration ... Which is another very important thing.

Let me what you have gotten till now, and what you wanna use... Then we will move forward .

I am guessing ikon is programmed and your Tx end points have been already adjusted to get 100 percent throw in ikon on all controls ..? :)

Thanks GABA..I have done nothing yet in programing..Kids have SAT10 and been busy helping out with their study. I will gather all info and holla at you. I will start a new thread in the proper area so all others can read what we are doing (what you think).

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Thanks GABA..I have done nothing yet in programing..Kids have SAT10 and been busy helping out with their study. I will gather all info and holla at you. I will start a new thread in the proper area so all others can read what we are doing (what you think).

Sounds great!! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Alright Gaba! I got the IKON somewhat programmed but a little confused on the CCHV160 setup. I want to use the GOV on IKON. On the CC do I still need to set end points in TX if using external GOV.

Ok so on the castle just set external governor and DONOT CHECK AUTO ROTATION BAILOUT on castle software. The esc won't initialize.

Then.. Yes you need to yes calibrate your throttle end points with the esc.

That is easy but just a couple steps

So have the ikon hooked up to the software and Go to advanced view (view-->advanced view)

Then in the governor menu, you'll need to move both the sliders for throttle high point and low point to center

Then on your transmitter , go full stick, and then then on the esc.

Move the slider on the ikon high point slider till the esc gives you beeps.

Then go zero stick on your Tx and move the low point slider till you hear the esc initialize.

Your throttle curve needs to be straight 0-50-100 (or 0-25-50-75-100)

Then once done, save settings. :)

Also, then you'll need a hobbywing phase sensor to give the ikon your motor rpm.

Then just follow the governor screens instructions to set your throttle curves again and set speeds there.

:)

Let me know if I need to explain something.

This all was assuming you are using a seperate rx pack to the flight packs and not the esc's own bec.

If you are not, then you'll have to tweak this procedure a bit.

That will be turn on the esc to turn on ikon. Go to governor menu, and change slider positions to center and then re initialize the system (disconnect and reconnect) .. Your esc might not initialize ... But ikon will turn on. And then follow the steps :)

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Ok so on the castle just set external governor and DONOT CHECK AUTO ROTATION BAILOUT on castle software. The esc won't initialize.

Then.. Yes you need to yes calibrate your throttle end points with the esc.

That is easy but just a couple steps

So have the ikon hooked up to the software and Go to advanced view (view-->advanced view)

Then in the governor menu, you'll need to move both the sliders for throttle high point and low point to center

Then on your transmitter , go full stick, and then then on the esc.

Move the slider on the ikon high point slider till the esc gives you beeps.

Then go zero stick on your Tx and move the low point slider till you hear the esc initialize.

Your throttle curve needs to be straight 0-50-100 (or 0-25-50-75-100)

Then once done, save settings. :)

Also, then you'll need a hobbywing phase sensor to give the ikon your motor rpm.

Then just follow the governor screens instructions to set your throttle curves again and set speeds there.

:)

Let me know if I need to explain something.

This all was assuming you are using a seperate rx pack to the flight packs and not the esc's own bec.

If you are not, then you'll have to tweak this procedure a bit.

That will be turn on the esc to turn on ikon. Go to governor menu, and change slider positions to center and then re initialize the system (disconnect and reconnect) .. Your esc might not initialize ... But ikon will turn on. And then follow the steps :)

Seems simple enough..LOL I will try it tonight. So just to recap steps:
1. Throttle end points thru Ikon not esc.
2. Gov Mode ikon throttle sliders to mid point, reinitialize system
3. TX set throttle to high and then move slider in ikon until esc beeps.
4. TX to low and then move slider on ikon until esc beeps.

Note that Phase sensor is installed and I am using a Hercules BEC for now until I get a separate receiver pack.

would it be best to use ESC Gov or IKON Gov?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
It's best to use ikon as its predictive.. Looking at your inputs it'll regulate throttle

While esc governor (still great) but responds to power/rpm requirement after the manuever has started . It's reactive

I Love the ikon governor. I used castles one too. It worked well. But like the ikon more is all :) and all my setup is done with one cable :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
One more thing there on the slider thing. If I wasnt clear about it before .. Don't go too low on the slider .. Right at esc initializes or just a click below . You might end up with values like 897or something for low and 1200 something for high. That's normal

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
One more thing there on the slider thing. If I wasnt clear about it before .. Don't go too low on the slider .. Right at esc initializes or just a click below . You might end up with values like 897or something for low and 1200 something for high. That's normal

Thanks Gaba...will work on it after helping out with kids project and our fun fly today

canongraphy

Anthony, looking great! wow that's a pretty bird, my 600 seems big enough to me but maybe someday I will get to the point I can handle a 700.
Looking forward to your video's.
Nice job!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Anthony, looking great! wow that's a pretty bird, my 600 seems big enough to me but maybe someday I will get to the point I can handle a 700.
Looking forward to your video's.
Nice job!

Thanks Jeff....Alright Gaba/Tony. I got her set I hope. just waiting on more batt's and one more SAT. just a little worried cause all those threads I read on how these CC ESC flame up. I just want to make sure

Tony

Staff member
It was the older CC ESC's that had the issues. I have not heard of any of the new ones having any issues.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Wait wait wait NO

ikon travel adjust for the Tx made you adjust the travel adjustment to match 100 percent right? You might have ended up with 110 or 120 up and down?

Don't change that. Never touch travel adjust in the Tx after the ikon Tx setup page. It'll screw a whole lot up

Top Bottom