700 Goblin Build...

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
P5110103.jpg
Got the tail and boom assembled. The boom is the same size as my boys Pee-Wee bat. Damm!

P5110101.jpg
Head and servo's are all in..also missing one servo ball, I just don't know where it wen't

P5110102.jpg
ESC mounted...undecided on where to put the BEC and voltage thingy.

P5100083.jpg

quick peek of the bird

P5110103.jpg

P5110101.jpg

P5110102.jpg

P5100083.jpg

Tony

Staff member
What caused them to seaze then?

Answer Below

Stupidity :p heeheehee

Its a reation from tge aluminum to the steal see it all the time on cars
and red thread lock can just ve heated wilth a little heat to brake it loose unless you coat the hell out of the threads it dosent have to drip off the bolts lol

What Jesse stated, I'm 99% sure was the reason. There is a reaction from steel to aluminum that is stronger than even red thread locker. It's caused with Aluminum Oxide that goes into the pores of the steel bolt thus locking them into place. with the heat cycles this engine has gone through, that is what I think happened. Heating it up allowed the aluminum to expand and breaking the bond a bit. I have it on video of breaking the bolts loose, and at first, I thought I snapped the head off of them with the sound they made. But, everything went downhill from there once I got the engine apart as everyone knows.

OOOO she looks delicious :D

Are you hungry Lee? You should feed that appetite with, oh lets say, a new Goblin 770? :chuckles:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Lee---Whooo Hooo! 770....:drools:

- - - Updated - - -

Here she is fellas...All done with hardware, just need to set up electronics
P5120104.jpg

Pic with the PROTOS
P5120107.jpg

P5120104.jpg

P5120107.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm i'm very jealous!!
I want one!! Bit smaller first but none the less I want one!! Looks sexy as hell!!
Mind you th protoss looks pretty damn cool too!!

Graham Lawrie

WOW that is a big bird:) and i love the special tools pmsl:) Whenyou see your hand and the size of the parts you are holding it looks big:)

I love that Ikon 500!!
I am going to be talking to the LHS about that one!! That 500 is exactly what I want!!
Nice looking bird Anthony!! Certainly something I'd like to get my hands on

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
LMAO...Adam just tell the wife that getting another heli is like a woman getting another purse.

- - - Updated - - -

If I had the cash I would! Lol Due to my illness recently I haven't worked a lot!

hope all gets better for you bud...maybe a GOBLIN 770 will make you feel better..LOL

pvolcko

Freakin' awesome. Is the canopy a pain to take off and put on on these? I find the wrap around form of the 550 X Pro's canopy to be mildly annoying. Have to figure it is that much worse on the Goblin since the back flaps to back even further.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Freakin' awesome. Is the canopy a pain to take off and put on on these? I find the wrap around form of the 550 X Pro's canopy to be mildly annoying. Have to figure it is that much worse on the Goblin since the back flaps to back even further.

It is!

They'll even personalise the canopy for you!!! Put your name or whatever on that canopy!!
But found out have to pay and extra $50 for the priveledge and still doesn't have the IKON in it.
$250 extra to get the Ikon included

Top Bottom