600 Goblin 570 ordered

Lee

Got the bill from customs. $121 Tax!!!!
Payed it on Tuesday, should be here early next week.
I will never buy anything from the US ever again.
All my other stuff came from HK, and cost me nothing in tax for over $1000 of stuff.

Last edited:

cml001

Super lame.. Don't hold it against us citizens... We get plenty of crap ourselves tax wise in other areas as well!

Lee

Yep, I'm drooling to get this in the air. I still don't have batteries yet.
My birthday is on the 13th May.
My family knows what i need ;)

Lee

Can you believe it. My Cyclic servos are finally here.
1.5 months after ordering them.

Photo on 05-05-2014 at 11.59.jpg

Photo on 05-05-2014 at 11.59.jpg

Lee

Batteries for my birthday on the 13th.
I will be taking my Ikon off my Warp to set up while I wait for the Brain to arrive. Can't order it until after my birthday.
Can't fly at the moment anyway. We have the Levante wind blowing for this week. Averages 45 mph 24 hrs a day :(

Slobberdog

I bet that winds a hand full for the kites as well,

not long to wait for the birthday then butt, it will be in the air before you know it, cant wait to see the beast done and on video its gonna be sweet I recon.

stokke

Congrats on the purchase, Lee! I'm too lazy to read the entire tread, so I'll just ask; why didn't you get servos from flying-hobby instead?

Lee

Because there webpage was shut down the week I was looking.
By the time I came to order, I had forgotten about flying hobby and the only place I could get them was Helidirect.
Everything else was bought from FH and RC711, which arrived a month ago.
Anyway, I didn't have the cash for the batteries, so it hasn't made any difference.
Servos are mounted now, but i should have put my tools down the minute i started.
Today, every screw, piece of carbon, I attached, was backwards or upside down. DOH!!!!! :)

Setting up the head now.

pvolcko

Why is the customs tax so high from the US in the UK? Last I knew we had, supposedly, free trade agreements with you folks. I've ordered stuff from the UK and never had to pay any customs duties.

pvolcko

Okay. WE don't have free trade with Spain? I figured pretty much the whole EU was in the loop on it.

cml001

Insane... Just stupid... But.. Ur one step closer.. As am I... 120esc is on the way and iv almost got my dx9 paid off(layaway at my local hobby shop).. Then I need battery's too... Does the flow of cash ever stop in this hobby?

Lee

I've never had a hobby that drains money like this one. :) But its so much fun :D

murankar

Staff member
Drains like water though a funnel. I agree with the fun aspect also. Nothing like having a bunch of kids run up and ask questions about it and look amazed.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Ok, now i'm really annoyed.
My parcel took 1.5months to get to me from Helidirect. Not there fault as it arrived in Spain 7 days after they sent it.
It was the Customs guys that held it for so long. And it cost me $121

Well now my friend just called. He just received two Goblin 500 with all electronics from Helidirect.
Over $3000 of stuff.
It arrive at his door in 7 days and he wasn't charged any customs tax.

:pissed-off::pissed-off::sad0147::sad0147::banghead::banghead::mad-new::mad-new::damnit::damnit:

Top Bottom