600 Goblin 570 ordered

pvolcko

On a 600 class machine running 6S you're running anywhere from 80-130A continuous on the motor, depending on the motor you select.

Quantum 4120-1200KV 78A/100A (might be a bit underpowered, same one that normally gets run in a gob500)
Scorpion HKIII-4025-1100KV 100A/130A
KDE 600XF-1100 HP 130A/250A
Align 600MX (1250KV) 90A/150A

Personally, I think the 80HV will be limiting in a 6S configuration with all these selections, even the with the Quantum. It is a matter of how far past it's limits are you comfortable pushing it, because it will be past it's limits. An Edge 100A ESC is the norm in a Gob500 with that Quantum, and thats with a 500 size heli. 600 size with the same pitch setup is going to be stressing it a lot more so you're likely going to be hitting that current limiter pretty frequently. KDE I'd probably run a 160A esc, or simply opt for the 12S setup and equivalent motor (see below). 600MX is 100A esc. Same on the scorpion.

In a 12S setup, the 80HV makes good sense because the current the motors would pull is significantly less. For instance:

Align 600MX 510KV 75/125A
KDE 600XF-530 88/170A
Scorpion HKIII-4025-550KV 65/90A

With the scorpion I'd consider it a good match. The 600MX it's on the edge might go 120HV if I was planning to throw hard loads at it a lot (I'm not good enough so I'd probably feel comfortable flying the 80HV with it). KDE is a 120HV.

You gotta pick a between 6S/12S and the motor you want in order to really know what ESC is going to be right. But if you're leaning 6S, then the 80HV ESC is going to be stressed in just about any motor selection, I think.

xokia

I just got done sticking the KDE in my 550. Its a powerhouse but damn!!!! pulls a lot of current.
I just did a couple tik toks and a few rainbows just to try it out. Nothing all that fancy.

550_kde_zpse1523031.gif

Lee

I'm holding off from buying the Motor/ESC until we get more details from those that are flying it already.
Its gonna be at least two weeks before I get this anyway.
Tomorrow is the first chance of it being available, but as i only ordered it a couple of days ago,
I guess i'll be far down the list.

xokia

Good idea.... I'd really consider 12S it's what I am beginning to think I should have done. 6S is nice but if you want to do any tossing around you will really load the motor up. 88 amp anything is to small for 550 sized heli though.

Lee

Mine is coming from RC711 in HK. its where i got my Warp from. Less chance of getting stung by customs from HK than from the US for me :D

Lee

I bought it from RC711 in HK, but they have a German warehouse now. So i don't know where its coming from. Could be here in a couple of days or a couple of weeks :)

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Awesome dude!!! Excellent.........Better decide soon Spring is almost here...............I think..............we just got pounded with snow again!

Lee

hahahha. Flying to Spain tomorrow. New house, new address. They better not loose it.
Company only declared $94. :D no tax

Sitting in my house waiting :whistle:

Me too the postman :emomad:

When it arrives :chickendance::chickendance::chickendance::chickendance:

When I crash it :censored: :facepalm: :banghead: :puppy_dog_eyes:

Top Bottom