600 Goblin 570 ordered

Derek

lol...I have to say....I knew you were going to do this, Lee! lol. Have fun with it!

murankar

Staff member
Lucky you. A 570 in the hanger. Congratulations on the purchase.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

First off will be an Edge 80HV esc. This will allow me to switch between 6 and 12S without changing ESCs.
Motor wise, not sure yet.
Servos, probably BK 7001HV Cyclic and 7005 tail.
Batteries not sure what will fit.
Ikon FBL once I sell the AR 7200BX
Its going to be a while until i have everything to fly it.

treff

Temptation get thee behind me...................................................My that is a very, very nice helicopter. You must have heard of the
green, green grass of home, well my friend I'm the green bit lol wow!

Tony

Staff member
Lee got rid of his clone and got a real helicopter lol. It's about time. We will need a FULL VIDEO LOG on this build or your ass is BANNED!!!!! :banned:

:admin:

:chuckles:

:biggrin1:

pvolcko

Just a heads up: I have an 80A ESC in my Gob500 (6S) and get close to pegging the current with that setup. On my 550X (6S) I have a 120A HV ESC and frequently peg 100+A on it. I'd recommend either deciding to go 6S and go with a 100A-130A model, or decide on 12S and then you can probably stick with the 80A HV one. I would not run it 6S through an 80A ESC. It will almost certainly be over taxed.

Lee

Its the 80A HV. This is what i was told on another forum.
:quote:
IMO, 80HV would be better to use for both 6S and 12S on the 570. 120HV is what many run on 700 size machines. I actually have one on my Gaui X7, and Goblin 630, and beat on those things with no problems. I actually ran a 80HV @ 6S on a TREX 600 a couple years back with zero issues, and it ran very cool. There are MANY guys running the Castle 80HV on 600 size models (was popular on the outrage fusion as well running 600-620mm) @ 12S that weigh much more than the 570, and swing larger blades. I am going to run the EDGE 80HV on 6S to start, and if need be I will go 12S later on. I want the simplicity of 6S for now though.

cml001

Hummm.. See, I gotta get another ESC for my build.. Just don't want to us the Talon I came with... So I'm figuring out the best route to take myself. But whatever I get I want the option to go 12s later on without having to replace the ESC I choose... Seems similar to what u have in mind. Keep us posted in ur choice.

xokia

Its the 80A HV. This is what i was told on another forum.
:quote:
IMO, 80HV would be better to use for both 6S and 12S on the 570. 120HV is what many run on 700 size machines. I actually have one on my Gaui X7, and Goblin 630, and beat on those things with no problems. I actually ran a 80HV @ 6S on a TREX 600 a couple years back with zero issues, and it ran very cool. There are MANY guys running the Castle 80HV on 600 size models (was popular on the outrage fusion as well running 600-620mm) @ 12S that weigh much more than the 570, and swing larger blades. I am going to run the EDGE 80HV on 6S to start, and if need be I will go 12S later on. I want the simplicity of 6S for now though.

Congrats on the heli its very nice. I like the this color combination better than the grey. The grey would likely get lost in the clouds here in Oregon.

On the ESC I would go the 120 route myself. I had the Talon on my 550 and it held my 550 back. I have been debating whether to go 12S or not. 12S gives much better run times when smacking the thing around.

Top Bottom