600 Goblin 570 ordered

xokia

Waiting to decide what batteries to get. I need 3000mah 6S. Its my birthday in May so I know what i'll be asking for. :D
I'm looking for similar.......I ordered the A-spec G2 3200s to see how they are. I was going to try the Gen Aces after that and compare. One thing that sucks going to 12S I have to sell my 6S 5000s and get two 3000's now :(

Last edited:

Lee

Heli package has left customs as has the motor/ESC.
Servos are still sitting in the US :(

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I was thinking about you and your Goblin earlier today and wondering when that thing was finally going to be at your door. How long do you think now???

At least you don't need the servos to start building....

Lee

It arrived today :) And my tail servo and motor ESC. It felt like Christmas.
I got it from HK Dan, so they only claimed it was worth $90. Got charge $15 Tax
Unfortunately I got my servos from the US. If they get stopped it will be more like $50 tax. But its still way cheaper than getting them from europe.
Sanded the frames today :D Canopy is bigger than my 600 one, even though its a "smaller" heli.

image-2.jpgimage-1.jpgimage.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

danhampson

thanks for the info Lee i'll have to look into that for my next build.

Good luck with the build< cant wait to see the pics.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Very Cool, Lee! I like how Goblin 570 is printed up the front of the canopy!

So, I guess that is the tail servo in the picture?

Barge

Hi Lee, I've been running Gens Ace and Turnigy 3S 5000 25C lipo's in my Hex for about 7 months for a comparison and so far in terms of performance they are pretty well identical. There are 2 GA's and 1 Turnigy and they have over 70 charge cycles so far and flight times between the batteries has stayed consistently at just over ten minutes before the battery alarm goes off. I originally charged them at 1A and now I charge them all at 5A for the last 30 cycles and I've seen no drop in performance. The biggest difference is in the price, the Turnigy was half the price of the GA's.

I have a same spec Turnigy Nano Tech on the way to do a comparison along side the others just out of curiosity, and with the results so far I would have no problem recommending the Turnigy's to anyone.

Lee

Can I ask where you ordered from Lee?

I'm itching to do another build lol.

I got the kit from RC711.com and the electrics from Flying hobby. Unfortunately I had to order the Cyclic servos from the US. They are the only thing that hasn't arrived yet. Even though they were all ordered at the same time. US is slower than China LOL And I'm probably gonna be stung $60 Tax from them too. Still way cheaper than getting them from Europe. $99 a servo instead of $137. We get ripped off in Europe.

Hi Lee, I've been running Gens Ace and Turnigy 3S 5000 25C lipo's in my Hex for about 7 months for a comparison and so far in terms of performance they are pretty well identical. There are 2 GA's and 1 Turnigy and they have over 70 charge cycles so far and flight times between the batteries has stayed consistently at just over ten minutes before the battery alarm goes off. I originally charged them at 1A and now I charge them all at 5A for the last 30 cycles and I've seen no drop in performance. The biggest difference is in the price, the Turnigy was half the price of the GA's.

I have a same spec Turnigy Nano Tech on the way to do a comparison along side the others just out of curiosity, and with the results so far I would have no problem recommending the Turnigy's to anyone.

Thanks mate. I have been using the nanotechs on my Warp 360. They died after around 100 cycles, and were always warm
My Gens aces are going strong, and always come down cool.

Very nice Lee:) looking forward to more pics and video:)

Thanks Graham,
I'm going to do a separate Build thread. I've already finished building it bar the cyclic servos arriving :)

Lee

This is by far the easiest kit i have built. Its like a kids jigsaw puzzle. And the quality is amazing.
I think everyone should own a Goblin at some time :)

xokia

Thanks mate. I have been using the nanotechs on my Warp 360. They died after around 100 cycles, and were always warm
My Gens aces are going strong, and always come down cool.
The standard nano-tech yea I agree IR is to high. The A-spec battery however is a really really good battery. Problem is they replaced the standard A-spec with something called a G2 A-spec and so far my testing has show this isn't such a great battery. They have a high IR initially and drop fairly significant once warmed up. So they become "better" batteries in warmer climates. However I think I would skip over the G2 version. Gen Ace seem to be fairly a consistently reliable battery source.

Lee

Its one month since I ordered my servos from Helidirect and they are still sat in frikin customs!!!!!!
If i don't get confirmation tomorrow that they are on there way to me, I'm going to raise hell at my post office.
31st March they arrived in Spain and they haven't moved since.

cml001

Any news? Kinda KRAZY! I'd be pissed.. Happen a couple times on eBay orders.. Not customs but long waits.. If it's any consolation to ya, I'm still gathering parts for my 550 and am still in the holding pattern myself.

Top Bottom