450 DX6i and TREX 450 PRO V2 3GX

Bruno

Good job, Bruno!

Your close to beeing in the air now :D
Post some pics if you've got them.

4 Questions: :distrust:

1) Besides trying different servo horns is there any other way to reduce the amount of subtrim to 90 the servos?

2) Do my swash settings (see above) seems within normal limits.

3) Are there swash setting range/differential parameters?

4) As a beginner is 10 degree pitch and 8 degree cyclic a good start?

Thanks.
:eagerness:

stokke

4 Questions: :distrust:

1) Besides trying different servo horns is there any other way to reduce the amount of subtrim to 90 the servos?

2) Do my swash settings (see above) seems within normal limits.

3) Are there swash setting range/differential parameters?

4) As a beginner is 10 degree pitch and 8 degree cyclic a good start?

Thanks.
:eagerness:

1. Swap the horns around between servos, see which ones match 90 the best. Remember DIR mode and mid sticks when doing this.

4. You could set up the head with 10 deg pitch, then take your (NORMAL) top curve down to maybe 8 deg, and your bottom to maybe negative 2 deg. As you progress you can increase the top. I started out around +8, and that was just fine. You'd want some negative under mid stick as well, since you may want to bring it down while you are training.

If you have upgraded the 3GX to 2.1, I would highly recommend reducing flip- and roll rate with maybe 15 points. If you're using the 1.2 3GX, then just set it to "Beginnner". And please, don't touch the Idle Up switch until you master Normal mode :D

Bruno

1. Swap the horns around between servos, see which ones match 90 the best. Remember DIR mode and mid sticks when doing this.

4. You could set up the head with 10 deg pitch, then take your (NORMAL) top curve down to maybe 8 deg, and your bottom to maybe negative 2 deg. As you progress you can increase the top. I started out around +8, and that was just fine. You'd want some negative under mid stick as well, since you may want to bring it down while you are training.

If you have upgraded the 3GX to 2.1, I would highly recommend reducing flip- and roll rate with maybe 15 points. If you're using the 1.2 3GX, then just set it to "Beginnner". And please, don't touch the Idle Up switch until you master Normal mode :D

Thank you. :notworthy:

EastR84

How did she test?

Just a relief to have blades spinning after so much setup and wiring! Feels great. I am definitely getting a wobble through the frame but it's hard to tell if it's just the chopped air coming down from the blades or something off balance.

Bruno

Just a relief to have blades spinning after so much setup and wiring! Feels great. I am definitely getting a wobble through the frame but it's hard to tell if it's just the chopped air coming down from the blades or something off balance.

Make sure the main shaft is not bent and that thh shaft bearing blocks an are parellel to the shaft. Make sure all the bearings runn free for fearthat maybe some thread lock got on them. Seems like it would be a structural problem throwing off free movement. Make aure the motor gear is not bidning.....hope this helps...disclaimer I am a beginnerso these are just my simple thoughts.

Let me know what you may learn.

EastR84

Ok next step. Done with the DIR setup and limits but having trouble getting the servos to 90 degrees. Before installing the servo horns, I centered them with just the AR6210. Now that I'm going through the 3GX to the AR6210, the horns on aileron and pitch are both (1) pointing down and (2) have -very- little movement in response to the stick inputs, so almost no swashplate movement. Any ideas? I'm thinking it could be a wiring issue from earlier.

Bruno

Ok next step. Done with the DIR setup and limits but having trouble getting the servos to 90 degrees. Before installing the servo horns, I centered them with just the AR6210. Now that I'm going through the 3GX to the AR6210, the horns on aileron and pitch are both (1) pointing down and (2) have -very- little movement in response to the stick inputs, so almost no swashplate movement. Any ideas? I'm thinking it could be a wiring issue from earlier.

My 90 changed as well during DIR mode. I 90d the servos again. They were sluggish as well until I finished programing the 3GX. With the servos at an extremem as your problem suggests, the servos don't have enough range of mevement resulting with limited swash movement.

Take a look earlier in this thread and you will find direction to adjust the servos.

Hope this helps.

Bruno

Rudder Control Rod Length Problem:

I completed the build last night. I have yet to set the 3GX limits. However, despite having my rudder control rod length according to specs., it seems too long and bends/bulges at full left stick (right rudder control) Not sure how to correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
If it bends then you have a binding problem some where. How is the spacing on the little controll rod holders?

- - - Updated - - -

Ps make sure your travel limits are not to far too! Lol

Bruno

If it bends then you have a binding problem some where. How is the spacing on the little controll rod holders?

- - - Updated - - -

Ps make sure your travel limits are not to far too! Lol

Thanks...I think it's more likeley the travel llimits. How do I go about setting (Rudder) travel limits? :worked_till_5am:

stokke

Rudder Control Rod Length Problem:

I completed the build last night. I have yet to set the 3GX limits. However, despite having my rudder control rod length according to specs., it seems too long and bends/bulges at full left stick (right rudder control) Not sure how to correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

This is normal.
Just make sure that the tail pitch slider is centered when servo is 90.
If not, adjust the length of the rod by turning the links.

When you do the tail set-up in the 3GX, the rod will stop bending.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Thanks...I think it's more likeley the travel llimits. How do I go about setting (Rudder) travel limits? :worked_till_5am:

Go with what Marius said! I do not have any Experiance with the 3 gx system. I could only tell you to go into the tx and adjust your travel limits there.

Bruno

Go with what Marius said! I do not have any Experiance with the 3 gx system. I could only tell you to go into the tx and adjust your travel limits there.

OK...so I set all the limits and corrected the rudder issue. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

My 3GX is mounted on the antorotation bracket.

[B]Problem with 3GX Elevator swash correction.....[/B]

While setting up my elevator limits (multilpe times) during initial setup (after I move the green light from E LIM to E REV) the swash move oppositie the the hellicopter movement, perfect. Once I finish setting the Aileron limit (which also moves the swash oppositie the helicopter movement, perfect). However, once I disconnect the battery and reconnect (the swash moves up/down 3 times) but now when testing the elevator correction the swash moves in the same direction of the Heli.(not correct)

When testing Aileron correction the swash moves opposite the direction of the Heli.

Please help!!! :banghead:

stokke

I presume you already have done the tail set-up, since you got the tail travel limits right?
The limits for the tail is NOT set up in the Tx as you would a FB heli.
The D/R and servo travel for rudder should be 100%.
If this all checks out, continue reading.

Do a quick test:

Boot up the bird as normal (not DIR mode).
The swash hops up and down three times.
Tilt rudder stick far left, and watch if servo starts to bind (linkage rod bends).

If the servo does bind, this might be an indication that the 3GX unit is "forgetting" your settings between batteries.

This is all I can come up with at the moment.

Bruno

I presume you already have done the tail set-up, since you got the tail travel limits right?
The limits for the tail is NOT set up in the Tx as you would a FB heli.
The D/R and servo travel for rudder should be 100%.
If this all checks out, continue reading.

Do a quick test:

Boot up the bird as normal (not DIR mode).
The swash hops up and down three times.
Tilt rudder stick far left, and watch if servo starts to bind (linkage rod bends).

If the servo does bind, this might be an indication that the 3GX unit is "forgetting" your settings between batteries.

This is all I can come up with at the moment.

Thanks Marius, That was very helpful and I have th erudder set as you indicate and it is working fine without binding.

My new problem (as I state above) is that I can not get the 3GX to compemsate for elevator (nose up/down) movement???
3GX does compensate for Aileron Movement (left/right tilt).
The 3GX is mounted on top of the heli on the the antirotation bracket.

Thank you for your help.

Tony

Staff member
You need to go back into your E REV menu and reverse the correction. It took me a few times to get this part.

Tony

Staff member
If the swash is correcting in the same direction as the heli is tilting, then yes. I think I have the gyro setup in the second to last Align video I did on the Pro V2. I think, don't hold me to that. lol.

Bruno

If the swash is correcting in the same direction as the heli is tilting, then yes. I think I have the gyro setup in the second to last Align video I did on the Pro V2. I think, don't hold me to that. lol.

When you say it took you a few times do you mean you had to repeat the steps until the gyro accepted the settings?

According to the manual, I have tried to change the gyro to upright mode either by directly using the set procedure on the gyro or by changing the anti torque correction within the software and both simply fail to change the gyro direction. In other words, the status led on the gyro remains red when it should be green.

Any suggestions?

THanks.

Top Bottom