450 DX6i and TREX 450 PRO V2 3GX

Bruno

Who knows what those small donut-like wire insulators are that are used (I guess for excess wire)?
I have searched and can't identify or find them as a sale item.
Any suggestions on what could be used instead?
Why are they used?
Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
In basic terms, it keeps any interference from coming into the Rx from the ESC. It's a coil of sorts.

Tony

Staff member
Actually you can buy them. YOu can get them at any Radio Shack or the like. But I have never had an issue with just taking them off as long as you have good electronics. But if they are on there, then leave them on there.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I didn't know that. Only time I've ever seen them was on electronics. My 600 has one in the throttle circuit on the esc.

Tony

Staff member
Yup they are getting smart and putting them on just about everything now. Buy my Edge and you can see for yourself lol.

Bruno

My trex 450 pro V2 3GX combo kit did not include the rf choke / ferrit ring. So is it safe to complete the build without the ring?
Thanks.

Bruno

OK, thanks. All is going very well so far thanks to everyone who pitched in. I should be finishing the build this weekend.
Tony, I have used your video series on this build. That made the build so much more pleasant and efficient. Thank you for taking the time to put the series together.

- - - Updated - - -

Where might I find a 1.2 mm Allen/hex key tool? The kit came with a 1.2mm L hex key.
I would like to b a better quality one for my tool kit but I can't seem to find one.
Thanks.

Bruno

The build is going very well now. Up till 1 this morning finishing running wires and zip ties. Came out very nice. I am please with minimal wire exposure, I have the 3GX positioned (top of boom mount) and the AR6210 positioned (bottom center carbom mount). I have my 0 degrees centere, maximum collective pitch range positive and negative range at +/-10 degrees and Cyclic Pitch (Aile/Elev) at +/-8 degrees.

SubTrims: Aile = 25, Elev = 17, Rudd = 24, Pitch = 0.

Swash Mix: Aile = +60 %, Elev = + 60%, Pitch = - 45%

Next: mount the rudder servo and the tail boom.

Then: finish with Gyro Limit settings.

Whattyathnk??

Thanks!!

EastR84

Bruno - following your build also as I try to get my wiring down with the AR6210 and the 3GX. Any chance you could post the wiring colors you plugged from the 3GX to the AR6210 (i.e. what colors for the AUX1 and GEAR ports?) and remind me which servos on the 450 are the aileron vs. elevator? Thanks!

Bruno

Bruno - following your build also as I try to get my wiring down with the AR6210 and the 3GX. Any chance you could post the wiring colors you plugged from the 3GX to the AR6210 (i.e. what colors for the AUX1 and GEAR ports?) and remind me which servos on the 450 are the aileron vs. elevator? Thanks!

The AR6210 ports received the following:
Bind/Data: wkite/red/black power cable from 3GX BATT//AUX OUT with the white wire at top of RX.
With colored wire at top (only way connector fits)

THRO = Purple
AILE = Red
ELEV = Orange
Rudder = Green
Gear = Blue
Aux 1 = Yellow

Facing helicopter from behind: My Pitch servo is on the right and Aielron is on the left.

Hope that helps.

EastR84

Bind/Data: wkite/red/black power cable from 3GX BATT//AUX OUT with the white wire at top of RX.

THRO = Purple
AILE = Red
ELEV = Orange
Rudder = Green
Gear = Blue
Aux 1 = Yellow

Facing helicopter from behind: My Pitch servo is on the right and Aielron is on the left.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help. Now I've got all the wiring straight. When I hold the set button on the 3GX, plug in the battery to the ESC, I get a flashing red light on status, solid green on DIR; then the servos switch to the opposite extreme and I get red lights on both the Status and GOV. Any more ideas?

Bruno

Thanks for the help. Now I've got all the wiring straight. When I hold the set button on the 3GX, plug in the battery to the ESC, I get a flashing red light on status, solid green on DIR; then the servos switch to the opposite extreme and I get red lights on both the Status and GOV. Any more ideas?

Read through this thread and the more advanced users responces to swash mixing and reversing servos. This thread also has a video from "Freddy Can Fly" that discusses servo adjustments.

I hope that helps. Good luck. My first build and it had been a slow but rewarding process. Thanks to the help of forums and youtube.

- - - Updated - - -

Read through this thread and the more advanced users responces to swash mixing and reversing servos. This thread also has a video from "Freddy Can Fly" that discusses servo adjustments.

I hope that helps. Good luck. My first build and it had been a slow but rewarding process. Thanks to the help of forums and youtube.

Now that I think about it a bit more: I think you simply go into swah mix in your radio and set the AILE/ELEV/PITC to the opposite negative/positive (-/+) value settings
and the swash movement will reverse.

EastR84

THRO = Purple
AILE = Red
ELEV = Orange
Rudder = Green
Gear = Blue
Aux 1 = Yellow

Hope that helps.

With the red-black-white wire that goes perpendicular into the 3GX unit, is the black or white wire closest to the outside of the 3GX? And this wire goes into the BIND/DATA port on the AR62010, right? Thanks in advance.

Bruno

With the red-black-white wire that goes perpendicular into the 3GX unit, is the black or white wire closest to the outside of the 3GX? And this wire goes into the BIND/DATA port on the AR62010, right? Thanks in advance.

The black is the negative wire and according to the manual the negative wire goes to the outside of the 3GX. That's how I have it connected.

- - - Updated - - -

The black is the negative wire and according to the manual the negative wire goes to the outside of the 3GX. That's how I have it connected.

See Page 22 of the manual RE: JR/Spektrumconnectivity.

EastR84

Exactly. I found the +/- markings in the manual for the 3GX. Just got the blades spinning (testing inside for now) for the first time on my build a few minutes ago -- thanks for your help.

Bruno

Exactly. I found the +/- markings in the manual for the 3GX. Just got the blades spinning (testing inside for now) for the first time on my build a few minutes ago -- thanks for your help.

Awesome...glad to hear it is working out.

Top Bottom