450 DX6i and TREX 450 PRO V2 3GX

Tony

Staff member
Mounting the gyro to the top, you shouldn't have to change any settings. Mounting it under the frame where it's up side down, you will have to flip a little switch in the program on your computer.

But yes, you will run through the setup until it accepts your settings. Below is the video I was referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fc_QUbbS-I

Bruno

Mounting the gyro to the top, you shouldn't have to change any settings. Mounting it under the frame where it's up side down, you will have to flip a little switch in the program on your computer.

But yes, you will run through the setup until it accepts your settings. Below is the video I was referring to.

Tony, thank you for sticking t out with meand provoding the video. I have literaly spent hours trying to get the gyro status light to turn green for a right-side-up installation with no success. not sure what ekse to do. I may just have a bad Gyro.

Calling it a night for now. Quite dissappointing since this would have pretty much completetd the work and I would have been ready to track the blades and giver her a whirl tomorrow.

Really frustrated.
:dejection:
Thanks again.

Adam

This heli is a blast once you get it setup. I tried rushing things and it cost me lol. Tony built it but when i had to use the standard rx for the dx6i i had to literally go through the whole head and 3 gx settings it was frustrating but it was a blast to learn this heli in and out. Tony would be mad but i also found another video about this bird that helped me even more it was freddy can fly on you tube.

Bruno

Where did you position the gyro? D
Did you have any difficulty changing the Gyro anti-rotations setting.

I can't seem to get the green (upright) led status.

Thanks.

stokke

Where did you position the gyro? D
Did you have any difficulty changing the Gyro anti-rotations setting.

I can't seem to get the green (upright) led status.

Thanks.

When you're doing this, you've hooked up the bird to your computer, right?
You also remembered to click "write" down to the right in the settings layout, right?
What 3GX version are you running?

Bruno

When you're doing this, you've hooked up the bird to your computer, right?
You also remembered to click "write" down to the right in the settings layout, right?
What 3GX version are you running?

Yes, the 3GX is connected to the computer and it links, reading "USB"

I have clicked "right". It fails to change the LED status light to green. It is interesting that while in the software if I manually switch the gyro between reverse and normal (using gyro and Tx rudder stick) the sitch changes in the software. However, no green status led and no nose up/down correction (swash moves in same direction of up/down).

I am using the stock version (V1.2).

I have realized that if during initial elevator set up when in E REV mode I move the stick down (opposite to set up) and finish the procedure the swash corrects for left tilt/right tilt and nose up/down movement (Gyro Status light remain red, reverse mode indication) . Is this a "SAFE" way to correct for this problem??

stokke

Sounds a bit sketcy. But what the hey - if the bird corrects like it should - you could try and test fly it.

Bruno

While on the bench, Is it typical for the swash to react sluggish specifically during cyclic stick movement and at mid stick while re-centering?

If not, what may be causing the problem (I have not noticed any binding)?

stokke

In normal operation, all control input seems slow and sluggish while the bird is standing still.

Tony

Staff member
While on the bench, Is it typical for the swash to react sluggish specifically during cyclic stick movement and at mid stick while re-centering?

If not, what may be causing the problem (I have not noticed any binding)?

Yes, the gyro is detecting an input and is trying to correct it. However the cyclic is a RATE gyro more than a Heading Hold gyro, so after a bit it will return to center. There is a setting in the computer program that will allow you to change the time it takes to return to center.

Bruno

Just had her up in the air for a hover.....IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Such a great feeling of satisfaction.

Just need to attempt a bit more aggressive flying to see what other adjustments may be necessary.

Anyone with a DX6i/TREX 450 POR V2 3GX any recommended Tx and/or 3GX settings would be appreciated.

Thank you to all forum members!!! :triumphant:

Bruno

Question: If I choose to reset the rudder limit in 3GX DIR mode do I have to reset all the other 3GX settings or can I simply advance to the rudder limit setting and advance out of the DIR mode?

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
You can do them independently of each other. As long as you are not doing a hard reset of the gyro that is.

flysolo

Hi guys

I've been battling with this for a good couple of hours, my first build and first electronics setup. I have a T-rex 450 dfc. I haven't done any wiring yet, wanted to see that everything works. Servos are connected to 3GX and I have a 6 ch receiver, OrangeRX, connected to the 3GX and bound to my Dx6i. I had to reverse elev servo and in swash I had to reverse both ail and elev(i think, been changing pins and settings so many times now). Now everything seems to be moving the way it should.

This thread has been really helpful!

But I'm starting to think that maybe I should remove the OrangeRx and go buy a Dx8 and a remote receiver instead. Reason for this is.. well, I don't know where to put the receiver and I can't seem to do the wiring satisfactory.

So what do you guys think? Is it worth it in terms of easier wiring and are there some other stuff that could justify spending the cash on a Dx8? I have 5 other BNF models.

If not, do you have some tips on where to put the receiver and also on the actual wiring of both servos and receiver? Inside/outside frame? Wrap cords? What else to think about?

- Niklas

Tony

Staff member
I can't say yes or no that you should get a DX8, but I will say that selling my DX6i and getting my DX8 was the best thing I had done in this hobby. I will never purchase another cheaper Tx. The DX8 has 3 position switches on the DR's and idle up. There are so many things you can do with the DX8 that if you do decide to do it, you won't regret it. And wiring is much cleaner when you are running two satellite Rx's rather than a standard Rx with a satellite.

flysolo

Well, that's all I needed to hear. If you had come out and said "It's not worth it at all" I think I would have waited but now I went ahead and pushed the buy-button. This shop is excellent, they deliver for "free" to your door/office in a couple of hours so I'll be setting it up tonight!

Is 2 satelites requiered or just a nice-to-have? I've seen som pictures where it looks like there is only one, mounted on top of the tail boom case with antennas on each side.

Ps. where do you edit the signature? Can't find it in my profile

-Niklas

Top Bottom