450 DX6i and TREX 450 PRO V2 3GX

Bruno

Please help this newbie. I am building an Align 450 PRO V2 3GX.
I have a Spektrum DX6i and thought I could use the Spektrum AR6210 Rx. Seems that may not be the case.
Question: what receiver is compatible with the 3GX and DX6i?
Can you provide an eBay item# for the recommended receiver?
Thank you.

john2012

Banned
as long as it's spektrum it should work

- - - Updated - - -

as long as it's spektrum it should work

im a newbie also but i have beed watching youtube vedios on the spectrum recievers ar500 ar6100 6115 as long as its 6ch it should work bruno

stokke

Yes, you should be able to use your Rx.
I don't remember how it's to be set up, but it's on the site somewhere.
Adam (user on here) is flying his Pro 3GX with a DX6i I think...

Remember; the 3GX needs all the signal-inputs before it will wake up. So try to hook up the Rx first, then connect the Rx to the 3GX.

Bruno

Yes, you should be able to use your Rx.
I don't remember how it's to be set up, but it's on the site somewhere.
Adam (user on here) is flying his Pro 3GX with a DX6i I think...

Remember; the 3GX needs all the signal-inputs before it will wake up. So try to hook up the Rx first, then connect the Rx to the 3GX.

I will search the forum for 'Adam". It's not obvious to me how to power up both the AR6210 (6 chanel) and the 3GX.
In other words, I could connect the ESC to the 3GX but don't know how to power up the AR6210???

Thanks...can't wait to get beyond this point and move forward. Wonder if it would be more time efficient to simply buy/use AR8000 Rx???

Yes....after reading a couple of forums I learned there are two ways to connect the AR6210 with the 3GX specifically with reference to the ESC. I chose to modify the provided Red/Blk/White battery connector wire and remove the white on the 3GX side and insert the purple wire into the other end of the connector and connected that end with the AR6210 THRO port. It took a bit of research but it worked. Seems the alternative is to use the red/blk/white battery connector wire from the 3GX BATT out port and connect other end to the AR6210 Bind/Data port. In any event, IT WORKED!!!!

Please let me know if anyone thinks otherwise.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Very Cool!! Time to more forward with the build!!!

Thanks to forum members.

- - - Updated - - -

Now...get'n a bit freaked about setting the 3GX. Any advise/support/direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bruno

Need Help...please.

Weird....I bound the AR6210 and centered the horns. I then connected the AR6210 to the 3GX and all red lights came on. I turned on the Tx (DX6i) and the servos lost the 90 degree settings and the pitch servo now had to be reversed. I re-set servos to 90 while powered by 3GX.

Weird....now the elevator servo responds sluggishly.

Are the above issues typical? Will the servos function properly after the 3GX DIR is set?

Thank you for your help.

stokke

If the swash moves normally while in DIR mode, then everything is OK.
Remember to go through the entire set-up before you try to fly.

Bruno

I have not gone to DIR setup because I realiized I have yetr ro 90 my servos. I did put the servo arms as close to 90 as possible with the Rx and 3GX powered up.
However, I am not sure how to go about seting the servo arms to 90.
Do I do this with the DX6i subtrim switches on the Tx or do I go into the tx Subtrim screen and adjust the subtrims to 90?

I watched Tony's video on this build and did not find specifics on nsetting the subtrim to 90 the servos.

Please help.

stokke

You adjust the sub-trim in your servo settings menu on the screen.
This must be done while in DIR mode.

Bruno

Do I have to be in 3GX DIR mode to "initially" set the servo horns as close tp 90 as possible?
In other words, can I set the horns to 90 simply by powering up the rx and 3GX without going ito 3GX DIR mode?

Then fine tune the servos to 90 while in 3GX DIR mode using the radio subtrim setting screen?

Thanks!!!

Tony

Staff member
All initial setup must be done in DIR mode. Otherwise you have the gyro throwing off the settings.

Bruno

All initial setup must be done in DIR mode. Otherwise you have the gyro throwing off the settings.

Hi Tony and others, thanks for all you help so far your suggestions have worked.

I was in DIR mode and I am having a problem.

I can either have left / right cyclic swash movement be correct or throttle up / dowm swash movement be correct but not both correct at the same time. I have been either reversing the Aile or Pitch to achieve the above results.

I have been working on this at the bench. I have only used DIR step 1.1 and 1.2. I have not gone any further with the 3GX.

I want to be sure all elctronics are working corectly before I move forward and poistion the wires and continue with the chasis build.

What do I need to do???

Thank you for your help.

stokke

I suggest this:

Test each servo one at a time.
Leave the left stick at center when doing ELE and AIL.
This is done while in DIR mode (first step, first led lit on 3GX).
REMEMBER throttle hold!

Start with elevator
RIGHT STICK center, servo at 90 deg.
RIGHT STICK UP, servo rise upwards
RIGHT STICK DOWN, servo descend downwards.

If movement is oposite of what you do on the stick, then reverse servo.

Then do aileron (I presume your AIL servo is to the right when looking at the bird from behind).
RIGHT STICK CENTER, servo at 90 deg.
RIGHT STICK LEFT, servo rise upwards.
RIGHT STICK RIGHT, servo descend downwards.

Then do pitch.
LEFT STICK CENTER, servo at 90 deg.
LEFT STICK UP, servo rise upwards.
LEFT STICK DOWN, servo descend downwards.

When this is checked and everything responds as it should, your swash should move as normal.

Bruno

I suggest this:

Test each servo one at a time.
Leave the left stick at center when doing ELE and AIL.
This is done while in DIR mode (first step, first led lit on 3GX).
REMEMBER throttle hold!

Start with elevator
RIGHT STICK center, servo at 90 deg.
RIGHT STICK UP, servo rise upwards
RIGHT STICK DOWN, servo descend downwards.

Then do aileron (I presume your AIL servo is to the right when looking at the bird from behind).
RIGHT STICK CENTER, servo at 90 deg.
RIGHT STICK LEFT, servo rise upwards.
RIGHT STICK RIGHT, servo descend downwards.

Then do pitch.
LEFT STICK CENTER, servo at 90 deg.
LEFT STICK UP, servo rise upwards.
LEFT STICK DOWN, servo descend downwards.

When this is checked and everything responds as it should, your swash should move as normal.

Frienfly FYI: I am using Mode 1 on Tx:
OK...I just did what you recommended and the servos moved as you recommended.

However, when I move left stick up the swash should move up evenly. Instead, Aile moves down and pitch moves up.

When I move right stick to the right Aiel and Pitch move down together and when I move right stick to left Aiel and pitch both move up.....

This doesn't seem right.

What do you think?

Thanks for your help. I really want to get beyond this point.... :nightmare:

- - - Updated - - -

Frienfly FYI: I am using Mode 1 on Tx: CORRECTION I AM USING MODE 2 on Tx (SORRY...)
OK...I just did what you recommended and the servos moved as you recommended.

However, when I move left stick up the swash should move up evenly. Instead, Aile moves down and pitch moves up.

When I move right stick to the right Aiel and Pitch move down together and when I move right stick to left Aiel and pitch both move up.....

This doesn't seem right.

What do you think?

Thanks for your help. I really want to get beyond this point.... :nightmare:

CORRECTION I AM USING MODE 2 on Tx (SORRY...)

stokke

What? :D

This seems very strange...
Are you sure you are in DIR while doing this?
Also, make sure there is NO swash mixing going on in your Tx.

You are 100% sure the wiring is set up according per instruction-manual?

Bruno

What? :D

This seems very strange...
Are you sure you are in DIR while doing this?
Also, make sure there is NO swash mixing going on in your Tx.

You are 100% sure the wiring is set up according per instruction-manual?

I found a youtube video that helped

Turned out kind of a simple fix. I took kthe "odd man out" servo and reversed the servo.
However, throttle up caused the oppisite swach performance.
I went into swash mix and changed my pitch to -60.
All servos responding correctly now.

Awesome...I can move forward with the build with confidence that the servos are cool..!!

Next I will trim the servos. Then I will position the wires. Then I will build the tail boom and move ahaead with setting the 3GX

Thanks!!!! :triumphant:

Last edited by a moderator:

stokke

Great video. I didn't know about the swash reversing.

Good you sorted that out. Good luck with the rest of the build :D

john2012

Banned
all i know you want to set the servos up with out using the sub trims.set the servos to 90 deg first then go bind your bind to you tx to rx their is a 50 min plus on setting up dx6i to 450 helis

Top Bottom