450 Derek's Trex 450 Pro DFC

Derek

Nice one, Paul!

no no no, lol....LINKAGE ball. That first word is definitely needed for clarification and understanding.

but yes...Kev gave me a link to Heli Direct. They have the exact LINKAGE balls that I'm looking for, lol.

Slobberdog

Kev helped Derek find a set of balls!

Thank you. I'm here all week. Tip your waitress.

:)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

ROFLMAO Paul the prize goes to you, when I typed it I knew it was wide open, and was surprised it took that amount of time to be jumped on.

:arms::arms::arms:

Derek

ok, I was on the Heli Direct site, this morning, and ordered the linkage ball assortment and some other parts. About a $50 purchase and I just got an email from them saying that my order has been marked "Shipped". Awesome!

Derek

ok, i have the YEP 45amp esc for my 450. I just took it from the packaging and I see that it has two sets of leads (servo type wires). One of those leads has a ferrite ring on it and the other doesn't. One of these leads should go to the Throttle port on the rx. Which one and what should I do with the other lead?

Tony

Staff member
The one with the ring is for the Rx. The other one should be able to be unplugged and is for programming I think. I dont' think mine had another wire connected. But the one with the ring is for the Rx, I know that.

Derek

Thanks Tony! That's what I thought, too. Maybe I can just tuck the other lead out of the way or something.

Ken Jackson

Is it a plug or does it look like an LED? I know my Scorpion ESC had a remote control to program it. Kind of weird, I never used it. I know the ferrite coil is on the wire that goes to the receiver. Doesn't make sense that both lead would have the same connector on it. Especially with no instructions.

Ken

Derek

No LED. Both leads coming out are servo leads. The one with the ferrite ring, I was sure went to the throttle port. its the other lead that I wasn't sure about. I'll search around some more. May just have to ziptie it out of the way.

Ken Jackson

My new 450 PRO DFC is almost ready to go. Just got done loosening up the tail. Had it back together and a screw fell out. Thought I out thread lock on everything, oops. May have been part of the binding. Worst part is I gave away my 1.27mm because I never used it. To the hobby store tomorrow. My 130x is still wobbly so I ordered some solid carbon fiber main shafts. My 500 with the IKon is ready for its maiden flight. Just need some warm weather. Been flying sim almost everyday. Looking forward to putting my visionaire back in the air.

Will video all my flights...

Ken

Derek

Well, I placed that order with Heli Direct on Thursday morning...I think..either Wednesday or Thursday. The parts showed up today! :hdbng::chickendance::twothumbsup:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to install the new parts until Monday. I'm working this weekend. bummber!

but....at least I have them now

Derek

So...I have my 3GX mounted. I will not be using a main rx, just a single satellite rx. This satellite rx is mounted near the belly of the 450. I have that satellite plugged in as well as the Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, and Pitch. Is this really all that gets plugged in to the 3GX?

Tony

Staff member
Go with 3.1. I think I have 4 installed, but the tail just doesn't hold on that version. With 3.1 though, you MUST get it off the ground quickly or it will tip. Use hte blades I sent you on the first flights.

And yes, that is it.

Slobberdog

Derek as Tony has said V4 is not good on the tail.

My 500 came with it and the first thing I did was revert it back to V3.1 and as Tony said don't let it sit for to long, especially if you have any vibes at all,

Derek

Go with 3.1. I think I have 4 installed, but the tail just doesn't hold on that version. With 3.1 though, you MUST get it off the ground quickly or it will tip. Use hte blades I sent you on the first flights.

And yes, that is it.

Ok, I have the 3.1 downloaded and installed. Need to make a trip to the store for the USB extension. Unfortunately, I can't use the blades that you sent, lol. My sister came over the other day with her dog. I cant' stand this dog. Anyway...the dog chewed up those blades. Didn't chew on anything else in the house...just those blades. My sister did replace the blades with a set of Align 315mm CF blades. She didn't get the 3G blades, but these are Align CF blades. She got me two sets. I guess that's fair, but I still hate her dog.

As far as binding....since I have all the servos plugged in and ready to go, do I simply just plug in the BIND plug and go through the bind process as normal?

Tony

Staff member
The stock blades will be much more snappy since the CoG is closer to the root. 3G blades have the CoG closer to the tip. Probably better off with Align blades. I tried to help with cheap blades...

yes, just bind as normal.

Top Bottom