450 Derek's Trex 450 Pro DFC

Derek

I just checked on my order from Hobby King. I ordered some parts, and other stuff, yesterday morning from the US warehouse. My order has been updated to "shipped".

Awesome!!!

Tony

Staff member
The USPS is letting me down. It's showing Tuesday on delivery of the helicopter. Suck...

Derek

So, my 450 Pro DFC, and some other bits and bobs, showed up at my door today. Awesome! I ordered quite a bit of other things last week and I really didn't expect the 450 to show up first, lol..but it did. Cool! Tony packed it up real well, along with some other parts and pieces. Now, I'm just waiting on the electronics to show up. I have 2 sets of blades and 3 different tooth pinions here already, along with the tail servo. So, if anyone sees my postman around, tell him that he needs to bring my other 4 boxes, lol.

Tony

Staff member
That's what I thought too. Even the website was stating tomorrow for the delivery. And here is the proof of that...

derekshipment.jpg

derekshipment.jpg

murankar

Staff member
What i want to know is if they are working today? Their web site says it is washingtons birthday and its observed. If they are working today I could have my package today also. Mine is slated for tomorrow also.

Derek

Ok....my order for 3 brand new Align DS430M servo's showed up today along with my order from Hobby King. Both of these orders were placed last Wednesday and they showed up today. I can live with that. Unfortunately, I have to work tonight, so that build will have to wait until tomorrow.

Derek

Ok....I'm doing a teardown/inspection/rebuild and installing new parts. However, I've run into a rather large snag. I'm in need of 4 ball links (Linkage Ball A - M2x3.5) and 4 M2 nuts. Three of these will go to the cyclic servo arms and the 4th one will go to the tail servo. I don't have any in my box of spare parts. I just went to the LHS to see if they had any and they don't. Does anyone around here have some? Or could someone point me to a site that would have them? I just checked Align and didn't see any ball links that fit the manuals measurements.

Here is an illustration:
Linkage.png

I just checked Heli Direct and Heli Pal and neither of them have the correct ball links either.

Linkage.png

Last edited:

cml001

Experience rc or heli direct... 450pro dfc uses the same ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Trex store has'm too

Derek

I looked at the Trex store....couldn't find the exact ball links. I'll check Experience Rc. If anyone finds them, please share a link with me. Thanks!

Derek

I saw that Linkage Ball set but, according to the measurements in the manual, those won't work. The manual says M2x3.5mm.

The available Linkage Balls in the set are:

●Linkage ball A(M2.5x4) x 2(Φ4.75x13mm)
●Linkage ball A(M2x2.5) x 12(Φ4.75x7.18mm)
●Long linkage ball (M2x2.5) x 1(Φ4.75x19.68mm)

These Linkage Balls that I'm looking for have to have long enough threads to go through the servo arm and also have a nut on the back side.

Slobberdog

Align Trex Linkage Ball Set H60089

Align Linkage Ball Set HS1285

Derek here's the best I can find for you to get the balls you require

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.helidirect.com/align-linkage-ball-set-hs1285-p-8191.hdx

and here's a link

Derek

YES!!! Thank you, Kev! I think that's it.

According to the manual, I need "Linkage Ball A" that is an "M2x3.5"

The parts in the package that you found:
●Linkage ball A(M2x2.5) x 6(Φ4.75x7.18mm)
●Linkage ball A(M2x3.5) x 9(Φ4.75x8.18mm) <------
●Linkage ball E(M2x3.5) x 1(Φ4.75x6.3mm)
●Long linkage ball (M2x3) x 1(Φ4.75x14mm)

That looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. I should be able to find the "M2" nuts at my local hobby shop.

Thank you Kev!!!! :chickendance::hdbng::wavey::arms:

Derek

Ok, I just ordered those ball links and a few other parts. They should be here in 3-5 working days.

Thanks again Kev!

Derek

hmmm, now I see that I'm in need of two bolts to get the motor mounted to the motor mount. That should be a relatively easy thing to find at the LHS.

pvolcko

Kev helped Derek find a set of balls!

Thank you. I'm here all week. Tip your waitress.

:)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Top Bottom