Quad Building My First Quad

bigone5500

Dude, that is a simple fix! Just run down to the Horrible Frought and pick up a lathe and turn some little 2mm tall shims to go over them. Cheap as beans to make that part!!!

Don't tempt me. Would you be interetested in purchasing some of the quality spacers I produce? :hdbng:

Tony

Staff member
I thought about that as well. Basically just a long bolt, only spacers in the middle and that way you can just tighten it from the bottom and hold the nut still on the top.

bigone5500

No, they have a little space. Probably 2mm.

I had an idea. I could get some 5mm nylon spacers and put them under the top plate and get a longer bolt to hold them. Would that be a bad idea?

bigone5500

You will have to do some surgical work when you get it if you want to use DSMX. Mine cam with the top two pads bridged.

20180109_203906.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What size are them? If there 3mm I would be interested purchasing 4 of them if you like to sell some.

bigone5500

I wish they were 3mm. I think they're more like #4. 3mm won't fit.

However, I did have four 3mm standoffs that were very short. I put them in the center of the stack and was able to get it short enough that when I figure out what to do about the parts being in the way of the nuts, I can cut the ends of the threads and the stack will then fit nicely.

20180110_195913.jpg

bigone5500

I ordered another cheap quad frame. It should be here tomorrow. It's a little different than the one I have right now. I'm not sure what the terminology for the frame type is but the arms are not in an 'X' form. I think they call it an 'H' quad. Anyway, this is the one I got. I'll post back with my opinions of the frame and some photos. I think this one will be better for the stack-x as it doesn't have the PDB integrated with the frame. The current frame I have uses the PDB as part of the structural build...

Amazon product

bigone5500

I've been thinking about this stack-x. Would it be a bad idea to use metal threaded rod through the mounting holes? Surely there isn't anything that can short out.?????

Tony

Staff member
I would just look and see if there are any contacts around there. Shouldn't be an issue though other than adding some weight.

As for measurement, here you go.

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

Top Bottom