450 A New Sport

sterlingh

Jesse, The pic is from the top. By the manual it shows to have the Align logo in the up position.

Tony, We are getting a tad cooler today (Saturday morning) and yesterday. I wish winter was here now! Cant wait to be finish my work today. As of right now I have nothing else lined out. Yeppie, if it will stay that way..

sterlingh

I understand Tony, me too. I am always wishing for the season that is not here.

Jesse on second look you may have something. I can't tell. The manual says that the logo should face inside which they do. It does not say up. The pic in the manual shows the bottom bearing block with the logo inside and up, however the pic of the bearing block on top does not show the logo at all. Soooo I dunno.

heli-maniac

yes im thinking the top one is upside down the open side that shows the hole bearing should be out side if not the shaft can push the bearing out of the block
on both my pros and my sport that is how they are
and you can see how the bearing block is not flush with the top of the frame in that pic.

sterlingh

Ok when I get back on it I will change it. However I am not sure what you mean. Just turn it so the logo is down and on the same side it is now? The block looks the same to me at least installed..lol

sterlingh

ok, hove flipped it upside down. Please see pic for note. Getting ready to install shaft and main gear, hope this fixes my original problem. So far I have nothing else lined up, so I think I will be able to keep working on this. I would love to get it fly ready this week.

Bearing what it was1.jpgNewinstall.jpg

EDIT: thought I would post this as I try to understand. Now I am trying to install my main gear, and the shaft does not go down far enough to install the bolt.

Shaft1.jpg

Bearing what it was1.jpg

Newinstall.jpg

Shaft1.jpg

Last edited:

sterlingh

As you can see, installed this way there is no bolt past the main gear hole in the bottom. Its about 1/8 " for coming out at bottom.

Nobolt1.jpg

Nobolt1.jpg

sterlingh

Well I tried every way now with no luck. I have logo of bearing holder(s) with logo down ,I have tried with top logo down and up, both bearings in same direction up and down. Shaft with logo on down side after install and up after install.

With shaft logo down I do not have enough room for the shaft to come through bottom gear. With shaft logo up I do, but main gear moves with shaft. (if I pull shaft up main gear moves with it) Am completely stuck and dont know what to do now. DANG! lol I cleaned it up for forum. Pulling hair now. Probably something easy I am missing but I dont know what.

ANYONE?

Down1.jpgUp1.jpg

Down1.jpg

Up1.jpg

sterlingh

I know, I have the Align logo on bottom top bearing like you and manual say, still all the play! So again I dunno.. frustrating

sterlingh

If you mean the shims the answer is no, if you mean the ring that goes with the one way bearing the answer ius yes.

The shims i guess will make a difference but there is a lot of space between the the shaft notch and the main bearing holder. The main gear will move up and down with the shaft. A good 1/4 inch or more as is... Thanks for trying..

Last edited:

heli-maniac

are you sure your lower bearing block is in with the align stamp to the inside.
the ring is very easy to knock off when putting the main shaft in .
but you have put something else in wrong to have that much movement

sterlingh

ok the ring is the one way bearing ring right? The one that you would get if you ordered a one way bearing? see pic please..

On the lower bearing question you ask, lets make sure I know what you mean. the logo is facing the back of the heli, and you can see it looking down at it from top of heli? Guess I not sure what "inside"?

ring1.jpg

I do think I have something wrong but man I have tried every combo I can....

ring1.jpg

heli-maniac

yes that ring goes there
i would think the logo should be in the front not the back and facing up so like the top one the hole bearing is to the out side that would be down for the lower one

sterlingh

Ok Jesse I will try that.The manual shows it like in the pics I posting with this comment. 6 pics showing the bottom bearing and how I installed it, top bearing same thing. The Align logo on the bottom half of shaft (though hard to see) as I installed it. then a pic of the shaft going into the bearing holders as far as it can, and lastly a pic of the bottom of the main gear without the shaft rod as it could not reach the bottom because of shaft notch stopping it. Actually what you suggested might be the only way I have not tried. Only reason is because it's so opposite of what manual calls for. However the little woman is calling and I will try what you said in the morning after a couple of errands I have to run.. Thanks again for trying Jesse. I will post if what you suggested works or not..

BTW: I just installed and took these pics before your last post Jesse.

Maingearreadyto install.jpg
Shaftwith logo.jpg
Botton bearong.jpg
Topbaring.jpg
Notch all the way dwn.jpg
Shaftnotthru.jpg

Maingearreadyto install.jpg

Shaftwith logo.jpg

Botton bearong.jpg

Topbaring.jpg

Notch all the way dwn.jpg

Shaftnotthru.jpg