450 A New Sport

sterlingh

I will click the buy now button tomorrow unless someone finds that I am making a mistake. I want the align T-Rex 450 sport super combo.

Align T-Rex 450 Sport V2 Super Combo w/Motor/ESC/Gyro/Servos (Carbon Blades) | eBay

A minute or so later I will go here and and click proceded to cart to get this:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/product...-servos-2-free-ar6115e-receivers-md2-SPM6610C

and 1 battery at

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/20c-11-1v-2100mah-3s-lipo-battery-vnr-plug-system-VNR1577

On the battery I'm going to order, and the battery I already have ( which will work with my new sport ) had different plugs. I do not know what plugs are required for my new sport. However, if I did, I could order them from the same place because I already qualify for free shipping.Please see pic up battery connectors.
Battery connectors.jpg

I purchased a toolkit with the recommended tools from people in this forum and a pitch gauge at the LHS. Also, I have not been able to find a swash leveler. At least the cheaper one. Everyone online seems to be out of stock. The LHS only had expensive ones as well. Any recommendations there would be welcomed.

What ever you think I might need or have overlooked please mention. If I purchased now I might could get it from horizon and qualify for free shipping. (Free shipping over $100 worth the purchase).

PS. If you have been reading my thread on the eve razor 450 I purchased, then you must know how incredibly excited I am about getting my new helicopter. And once again I want to thank everybody who has helped me in this forum. This may be the friendliest form I have ever been a member of, and it is deeply appreciated.

Sterling H.

Battery connectors.jpg

murankar

Staff member
I ordered mine from Amainhobbies.com. Unless you order from Hobbyking you may not find them that cheap. I think I payed like $15 dollars plus shipping. It has help alot in the setup. I do not have to use any trim on my EXI that's how well it works.

Here is a link to a page full of different levelers: Click here

Lee

The question of which connectors to have is a big debate.
HERE is a great thread about the different options.

stokke

Good to see you are close to a decision.
Although having limited experience with 450-size helis, I recon the Sport is great choice.
And what I this far have been able to gather, the Sport should be a great beginner-heli.

Good luck Sterling!
And be quick to post photos when the new pride arrives :D

callsign4223

Staff member
I dunno about the battery, 20c seems kinda low. It would work fine for just learning, but once you started getting into more aggressive maneuvers I don't know if this battery would grow with you. I may be overly concerned about a minor issue as well. It might not be that big of a deal.

sterlingh

Matt,

Actually you make a good point. I suppose I will be buying several more batteries eventually and as time progresses. For now my main concern is to just have at least a second battery. Even though my E-razor has yet to fly, or even hover, not having a second battery has been a real pain. I will keep in mind what you said for further purchases.

ThanksSterling H.

sterlingh

Well it's all over but the crying now! I have now ordered from Horizon Hobby a brand-new DX6I TX and a new battery .Of course a new TX, and new battery just would not seem complete without a brand spanking new Align T-Rex 450 Sport V2 Super Combo w/Motor/ESC/Gyro/Servos (Carbon Blades).. The seller on eBay power_hobby, said he would ship it out today and I would get it Monday or Tuesday. Monday, would seem a little too quick but who knows.

Normally I do not call to make a purchase. However it seemed the only pay option was PayPal. While I have had a PayPal account for years, I just never keep much money in it for good reasons. It looked as though I would commit to a buy, but then maybe not have enough money in my PP account. I did not want to risk that happening so I called him. I kind of thought I would be able to pay with my regular debit card from my personal bank, but I was in no mood for surprises. So I called and did it over the phone. Supposedly that's all kosher. I paid the same price, and I can leave feedback etc.

So then I don't have to tell you guys how excited I am. I'm going to clean up my little work area, and set it up so it's a little more convenient to build a heli.

I will post some pictures. I say this a lot, and believe it's important. You guys, in this forum really are the tops. Nice, respectable, and very informative. Sounds like easy stuff , but unfortunately , at least in my case, I find it pretty rare on the Internet.

Thanks again

Sterling H.

Lee

Great news Sterling, Look forward to many pics of the build. I thought with paypal you had to associate it with a bank account anyway. If my Paypal doesn't have enough funds it automatically withdraws it from the bank account a register on my paypal account in the beginning. But who cares. You got it done and the heli is on route :D

sterlingh

Lee,

You may be correct. Seems like not that long ago PayPal had a" read this" when I signed into my account. It was about automatically taking money out of my bank account. I did not read it in detail mainly because I thought I already had it, though I never used it. It's been a long time since I set up my PayPal account, I also have a business account for my web hosting company with them. They can be very problematic, and I avoid PayPal whenever possible.

I just didn't want to click the buy now button, and the little words underneath the buy now button claims they can have your wife and your kids your house and your car. I just could not remember exactly how it worked, and I did not want it to" bounce" so to speak. However calling customer service was a very good experience. I was able to tell the person on the phone there was good talk about this eBay seller in some forums I visit. He seemed genuinely pleased to hear that. Anyway you're right who cares, I did it, it's on the way and there's no looking back now. I cannot wait. Sometimes this whole RC hobby thing makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again..

Sterling H.

stokke

Congrats Sterling H.

Please consider my strongest recommendation:

Buy a "ball-link plier".
Buy a "1,5mm HEX-driver".

These two tools has helped me out extremely much during my build. They are not critical, but makes things A LOT easier.

Tony

Staff member
Actually buy two 1.5mm allen drivers lol. You will need them for the head but it does come with some to get you by for now.

Congrats on the purchase, this will be a much more stable heli than what you have had up until now. The head will be different from what you have seen, but it works surprisingly good. The flybar, while not as stable as a 3GX can be, is still very good for what you are doing... Learning! The DX6i is a great first computer Tx and you will love it. Once you are ready to move up, you know where to find us to ask questions.

As for PayPal, if you don't have suffecient funds in your PP account it will pull from either your bank account or the CC you have on file. I have a CC on file that everything is pulled from that is connected to my bank. I have never had any issues with PP it's self, and when I have had an issue with a seller, PP has always helped me out and I have won the dispute. I will always pay with PP just for the safety reasons.

sterlingh

Stokke and Tony, I bought a tool case that has all you guys recommended in it. I lve the ball plyers. Somebody made big on that idea.

Tony, on PP. I had an account with them for years before I upgraded to a business account with them. After I upgraded for my web biz they started freezing my account. No explanation of why, just a notice that my account was froze and that the will release it after they check on it to make sure all is good. They have done this several times even though I have never has any kind of funny business. I have never even made a claim with them in the 12 years I have the account. They are not regulated like a regular bank and can get away with this i suppose. I thought maybe they thought I was a crook (which I am not), but then I did some searching and found out this is a regular practice for them. The idea they just put a hold on my account and not even tell me why, and leave no way to call them is a little much for me. As far as being covered goes in case of a bad seller, any major credit card company will do the same thing PP does. I keep my account with as little money in it as possible. Now my wife has several hundred buys on e bay and amazon, all thru PP without any problems what so ever. So whats up with that! In any case they just make me nervous but its good to remember that even if I have just a couple of bucks in PP they will pay out of my bank and not charge me for it..

Thanks guys for everything

Sterling H.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for the mis-spell's I did nit check before submit..

Tony

Staff member
I also have a business account but I have never had my whole account frozen. If you sell electronics, then they will hold the money from that sale until the purchaser receives the item and leaves feedback. I think this is a little crappy and is the reason I don't sell electronics on ebay. But I can understand your point.

RMB677

With PayPal you have the option of using a credit card or drawing from your bank account. When the screen comes up with payment options the word "change" is next to the bank account section, hit change and you can use a credit card. I like to use the card since I have one of those cash back ones and its like getting a 1% discount. Not much but it adds up. Also I have better control of my checking account.

Roger

sterlingh

Well something very exciting happened yesterday for me.I got in the mail my brand spanking new Align T-Rex 450 sport combo kit. While it has to be a couple to a few days before I actually start working on it, I am very excited and can't wait to get started. There is more research and videos I have to watch. Plus, I am waiting for my DX6I that should be here tomorrow, slight possibility even today. I have posted under 10 pictures of opening the box. I thought I might get one bag of screws, and other small parts. Instead, it looks as though they put the necessary screws in their respective packages. I hope this is the case anyway. Maybe tomorrow I will do a complete inventory to make sure there was not any problems in shipping.

Travelbox.jpg

A picture says 1k words
Box.jpg

Box looking good!
Openedbox.jpg

Now its getting very Exciting
Frame set.jpg

Rotor head and other goodies .jpg

Main blades.jpg

Dont this look so sweeeet?

Electric device.jpg

This is the only part that I have no idea what its for.
Manual.jpg

Check out the order time. Only this heli is faster! Little blury but you can still read.

Receipt.jpg

Top Bottom