General 450 Pro 3GX V2 Still cant get it in the air!!!!!

Graham Lawrie

I AM A BOKEN MAN:(

I really thought that was it, spun her up, slowly indoors as it is pitch black and raining, she spun round again:( I am off for Xmas in two days for two weeks, hope to get to the bottom of it then. Got swash mix down to -36 on Aile/Elev and +53 on Pitch when i set blades.

I will not be defeated, i will get this thing in the air..............soooooonn!!

Lee

Graham did you check my gyro set up at the bottom of this posts. Make sure that your heli does the same thing as this.

- - - Updated - - -

And remember i said you cn talk to me on Skype if you want to get this sorted.

BOKI

100_2740.jpg100_2741.jpg100_2745.jpg100_2746.jpg100_2746.jpg100_2747.jpg100_2747.jpg100_2748.jpg100_2748.jpg100_2749.jpg100_2749.jpg100_2750.jpgGraham Lawrie; I took pictures of my Trex 450 Se V2 DX 8 settings on my transmitter! Can I send them to you or does some else have to approve them! A competition Synergy pilot set my 450 up & it flies like a humming bird! :lol: :twothumbsup: The Best Safe Flying! My helicopter is old 2009 model! I have a Flybar & a Futaba Gy401 gyro also The pilot who set mine up has a new 450 & 2 Synergy's one nitro & 1 electric! Just thought you might see something to help you out I know my settings won't work on yours! Just trying to help you out somehow! :lol: :twothumbsup: Just thought this might some how spark some new idea from someone to get you flying! I'm just new at this wish I could help!

100_2740.jpg

100_2741.jpg

100_2745.jpg

100_2746.jpg

100_2747.jpg

100_2748.jpg

100_2749.jpg

100_2750.jpg

Last edited:

Graham Lawrie

Hi Lee, i am on holiday now so i will take you up on that if i have no luck. I will be in touch.I will check out the gyro set up.:)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Boki, i will trake a look.

BOKI

Graham Lawrie;Got to get you up for a Christmas Gift ! What a better gift & going for 2013 somehow! The Best Safe Flying ! Hope you can say soon it flies like a Hummingbird ! :lol: :twothumbsup: My mothers maiden name is Graham!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Just so you guys know, you can post a reply, click "Go Advanced" and scroll down to "Manage Attachments". In there you can upload the .zip file of your Tx settings on here. You may be able to upload the straight file, but I'm not sure. Just go into your Tx and copy your settings onto the SD card. Plug that into your computer and place it on your desktop. Right click on the file, mouse over "Send To" and select "Compressed (Zipped) File". That will put it into a .zip file that I know you can upload on here.

All users use others programs at their own risk. Rc-Help.com is not liable for any damages that may occur. Yup, I have to say that.

BOKI

Had a cheap Double horse 9101 3 channel heli & that happened to it! found out it had & inner & outer shaft & the screws were stripped from a hard landing! So when you would spool it up the inner shaft the screws weren't tight the threads were stripped! The heli wouldn't go up ! Put new shaft & screws in & it was fine! It spooled right up! Just a cheap ,heli the 9101! Could ther be a loose screw or bolt!! ? :lol: :twothumbsup:

Graham Lawrie

Graham did you check my gyro set up at the bottom of this posts. Make sure that your heli does the same thing as this.

- - - Updated - - -

And remember i said you cn talk to me on Skype if you want to get this sorted.

Lee, My rudder was wrong compaired to your pictures, when i put stick right the rudder moved right, i have reversed this, now going to do set up again:)

Graham Lawrie

All checked again, ready to fly?, pouring with rain, first chance of dry and my lady gets spooled up.
CHECK LIST:
Main Rotor Blades balanced.
Rotor Blades leveled with digital guage, +/- 12 degrees.
3GX set up and all ok.
Tail set up all ok.
All ready to crash on the next dry day!!
I truely hope this is it, ................and in the east there was a star , three hundred wise men had come to worship the birth of a new helicopter, but alas there was no room...for error, for the birth all had turned them away, except for an Inn keeper(Tony) who offered them a place in RC-Help, so that the child could be born, and on Xmas day man would live forever more because of Align 3GX......and so it came to pass that there was flight........i pray!!!
To be continued......

BOKI

Hope you have the Best of Luck Graham everything sounds good to go ready for launch & lift off! :lol: :twothumbsup:

heli-maniac

+/- 12 is a little much i would put it down to around 10 to 10.5 on pitch and 8 on elv. ail this will help you out being in the first flights of the bird

Graham Lawrie

:confusion:
Hope you have the Best of Luck Graham everything sounds good to go ready for launch & lift off! :lol: :twothumbsup:
:confusion: I spooled up today, same thing heli spinning out of control. I then put her on the grass and she staid still(think it was the friction) , and then she wanted to tilt to the left.

I am going to do the rotoe level again and do as superbad suggests and lower the pitch, then do the set up again,:miserable:

BOKI

Had a helicopter like that & screws were stripped & loose in the main shaft ! Replaced the screws once lasted for awhile & then I put a new main shaft & screws in & it flew great! But it could be something else also depends on the Helicopter! :lol: :twothumbsup: Merry Christmas also & The Best!

heli-maniac

:confusion:
:confusion: I spooled up today, same thing heli spinning out of control. I then put her on the grass and she staid still(think it was the friction) , and then she wanted to tilt to the left.

I am going to do the rotoe level again and do as superbad suggests and lower the pitch, then do the set up again,:miserable:
it is normal for it to want to lift to the left you just got to give very little right and get up off the ground and it will straiten up when its off the ground

zenmetsu

Just as an FYI, most setups cannot keep the tail perfectly still during a fast spool up. At low head speeds, there simply isn't enough power in the tail to keep it from spinning. The trick is to spool up slowly. If it still spins, likely something is wrong.

One thing you can do is get some more video of the recent attempts at taking off. Making a simple training gear would also be a good idea since it will prevent your helicopter from tipping over. Even a pair of crossed wooden dowels attached to the gears would be sufficient.

You might want to also check the pitch of your tail blades when the tail servo is centered. There should be a bit of positive pitch, maybe 5-8 degrees or so. Maybe a photo of your tail with the servo centered will help us out.

Graham Lawrie

Just as an FYI, most setups cannot keep the tail perfectly still during a fast spool up. At low head speeds, there simply isn't enough power in the tail to keep it from spinning. The trick is to spool up slowly. If it still spins, likely something is wrong.

One thing you can do is get some more video of the recent attempts at taking off. Making a simple training gear would also be a good idea since it will prevent your helicopter from tipping over. Even a pair of crossed wooden dowels attached to the gears would be sufficient.

You might want to also check the pitch of your tail blades when the tail servo is centered. There should be a bit of positive pitch, maybe 5-8 degrees or so. Maybe a photo of your tail with the servo centered will help us out.

Hi zenmetsu, I have just finished building my wee boys Lego Star Wars, so now some me time. I have training gear so i will do a video and pictures and take it from there. Merry Xmas.
Graham

Lee

+1 on what Zenmetsu said. Try spooling up really slowly. Do you have soft start set up in that ESC? And as also stated, all helis drift left on take off. If they continue to need correction once up in the air, then its a set up issue.
Good Luck

Top Bottom