General 450 Pro 3GX V2 Still cant get it in the air!!!!!

Graham Lawrie

+1 on what Zenmetsu said. Try spooling up really slowly. Do you have soft start set up in that ESC? And as also stated, all helis drift left on take off. If they continue to need correction once up in the air, then its a set up issue.
Good Luck
Here are a couple of video,s of todays spool up, feed back on problem as always appreciated:

Boxind Day Test Flight set up problem?VIDEO0152.3gp - YouTube

One more to follow:)

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the second when i switched gyro mode: VIDEO0153 - YouTube

heli-maniac

looks like the tail is not in the center or the tail blades are on wrong
set the gyro back to the way it was in the first video
change ruder dir. in the TX

Graham Lawrie

looks like the tail is not in the center or the tail blades are on wrong
set the gyro back to the way it was in the first video
change ruder dir. in the TX

Hi Superbad, Blades on ok, tail looks centre to me, i followed Lee,s pictures on the tail set up, which meant reversing my TX setting. Too dark here now to try reversing, will give it a go tomorrow, and then do the tail set up again. Really thought when it started to move, get light on the training gear that i was going to have lift off, but spun:( Moving the gyro just changed direction as you can see in the videos:(

Lee

Dude i'm sitting here all day doing nothing. get on Skype and we can do a video chat. I'll have you up and running in no time. my skype is weelee72.

zenmetsu

Training gear allows us to see how much it was spinning without risking a tip-over, thanks for getting it installed.

That is a lot of spinning, and it looks like it accelerates as the movement increases. My first guess would be that the gyro direction is reversed, but it sounds as if you have checked this a few times. The good news is that this is not likely a serious problem, just a simple fix once the root cause is understood. You should take up Lee on his offer, he'll get ya up in the air quickly I am sure.

Graham Lawrie

Dude i'm sitting here all day doing nothing. get on Skype and we can do a video chat. I'll have you up and running in no time. my skype is weelee72.

Downloading Skype,laptop just been repaired. Will contact you tomorrow when i get organised.cheers Graham

BOKI

zenmetsu ;Bought 4 carbon rods 20 inches long at a hobby shop in Michigan heavy duty ones! Then get like golf wiffle balls & some fuel line hose & cut 2 pieces for each ball to hold it on works great! Then zip tie it to the landing gear in a X shape & your good to go! I made 2 sets case you hit hard or at an angle & break a carbon rod! :lol: :twothumbsup: Oh I can't help you get in the air but maybe this landing gear plan might save you if you make one when you do get it flying! Cobbelstone Hobbies Holland , Michigan

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
That has to be the blades spinning backwards from the main blades. Or you have the blades mounted backwards. If you have a belt drive I would say you have the belt twisted in the wrong direction. Making the blades spin backwards. It has to be something on this line!

zenmetsu

He has a torque tube, and you cannot get those backwards.

You CAN get the blade grips spun around backwards though on the tail. We need a detailed photo of the tail from a few different angles just to make certain that this did not happen.

Lee

In the two videos it spins in opposite directions. I'm almost certain your gyro is reversed. Why? Because once you give a rudder input and the gyro senses the change it will correct the drift in that direction. In your case in the first video it started spinning clockwise and got worse, then in the second video it spun anticlockwise and got worse, meaning its adding to the problem, not helping it correct the turn.. this is classic gyro rev. Did you go through my gyro set up thread to make sure the gyro is compensating the right way?
If this isn't the problem, then we'll get it tomorrow 100% sure on that.

zenmetsu

That's what I said, but I was sure that he'd gone over gyro reversal several times.

The fact that the rotation accelerates and gets worse once it starts is a definite clue that the gyro is making things worse, provided that pilot input with a reversed rudder direction wasn't trying to "correct" the issue.

Top Bottom