General 450 Pro 3GX V2 Still cant get it in the air!!!!!

xokia

So I cant tell by your picture and I didn't read all the replies but the blade grips do the tops of them say "align"?

This is the mistake I made when I put mine together I had the blade grips reversed.

zenmetsu

So I cant tell by your picture and I didn't read all the replies but the blade grips do the tops of them say "align"?

This is the mistake I made when I put mine together I had the blade grips reversed.

DING DING DING... we have a WINNAR..

Look at image 9 of the pics, the ball link is on the LEADING edge of the rotor, remember, clockwise rotation on a Trex.

This brings up a few points.

First of all, are your main blades rotating clockwise, or counter-clockwise? If they are counter-clockwise, you need to reverse two of your motor wires.

Secondly, once the blades are spinning clockwise (if they aren't already), you will need to disconnect the ball links at the blade grip, flip the blade grips around 180 degrees, then re-attach the ball links. You *WILL* need to re-adjust the lengths since you are going to be changing the distance to the swash. This will likely require you to take the blades out of the grips and flip them 180 degrees so that the leading edge is in front again.

Lastly, you will need to make sure that your tail blades are spinning the correct way if you had to reverse the motor. You want to make sure that when the tail blades are vertical, the top blade's leading edge is facing to the rear of the heli and to the front of the heli for the bottom blade.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
He may need to go further than just flipping the grips. I has this issue with the exi and I had to flip the washout base then reassemble the head assembly. If you built this heli I would recheck the washout base ensure you out it on right.

zenmetsu

Incidentally, I thought about this at first, but looked at my Trex500 head and assumed his 450 was normal. This 500 has a newer head design and the links attach to the leading edge side of the blade grips, with the upper mixing arms directly attaching to the blade grips. Totally whack.

Normal T-Rex head, in this case a 500
rotor-head-500-trex-small.jpg

T-Rex 500 Pro head...
kx017015_f1.jpg

You can imagine my confusion when setting this up. :)

Upon further examination, the head on your 450 is confusing me. Most FBL heads lack radius arms, but yours does not. You appear to have this head...
kx015080_f1.jpg
So maybe your setup is correct. Double check your directions, I will refrain from giving advice now, obviously I do not helicopter well. :(

rotor-head-500-trex-small.jpg

kx017015_f1.jpg

4190_0_450PRO_V2_Rotorkopf.jpg

kx015080_f1.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The radius arms that you are seeing are the swash drivers. On the DFC heads, they are replaced with the links going up to the blade grips.

Graham Lawrie

DING DING DING... we have a WINNAR..

Look at image 9 of the pics, the ball link is on the LEADING edge of the rotor, remember, clockwise rotation on a Trex.

This brings up a few points.

First of all, are your main blades rotating clockwise, or counter-clockwise? If they are counter-clockwise, you need to reverse two of your motor wires.

Secondly, once the blades are spinning clockwise (if they aren't already), you will need to disconnect the ball links at the blade grip, flip the blade grips around 180 degrees, then re-attach the ball links. You *WILL* need to re-adjust the lengths since you are going to be changing the distance to the swash. This will likely require you to take the blades out of the grips and flip them 180 degrees so that the leading edge is in front again.

Lastly, you will need to make sure that your tail blades are spinning the correct way if you had to reverse the motor. You want to make sure that when the tail blades are vertical, the top blade's leading edge is facing to the rear of the heli and to the front of the heli for the bottom blade.

Hi sorry for the slowreply i have been away car hunting all weekend:(

So, I spun her up, she is rotating clockwise, and the Align marks are on the top. not sure what you are getting at?

- - - Updated - - -

Yup top says align and it is rotating clockwise.

zenmetsu

Yeah, disregard the rest of my post. You have a different head than I am used to seeing. Most align heads have the blade grips where the link attaches to the trailing edge, not the leading edge. I found a picture of the head that you have, and yours appears to be built correctly.

BOKI

Hi Graham Lawrie; I had that problem with a cheap Double Horse 9101 Helicopter ! You would slightly land with a jolt & the Main shaft screws would strip the threads out & the shaft wouldn't spin up fast enough to FLY! Also The MAIN SHAFT SCREW Didn't go all the way through! So you had to replace the shaft & it would be Ok till you came in rough again! The shaft was hollow & cheap steel strip out the screws! But Im 'sure the Trex I know doesn't have a hollow shaft! Unless Your Jesus bolt came OUT! Or is broke off ! Could see if its there & not broke! THE BEST BOKI 3:34AM ILLINOIS TIME :lol: :twothumbsup:

BOKI

Hi Tony; I would check the Jesus bolt or maybe the Main gear bolt then it could be possible that it could be stripped out & isn't reaching high enough RPM & cause it not to go up & go sideways! The cheap helicopter I had did that twice! :lol: :twothumbsup: BOKI THE BEST Hope you get it flying! BE SAFE!

Actually the larger helis do have a hollow main shaft. Just FYI.
IF it has a swash collar with to set screws are they tight or are they have thread lock on them ! And is the collar in the right place! The swash could maybe off if the collar moves ! Just guessing I'm new at this! BOKI :lol: :twothumbsup:

Graham Lawrie

I have downloaded the new upgrade of the 3GX V3.0 software, and i am going to go through the whole set up on that. By the length of this thread i am not getting anywhere fast:( I think the problem is me and my lack of experience:( I would imagine i must be missing something very simple?

Tony

Staff member
I agree with Jesse. i would start off with v1.2 and get it in the air. It's the most user friendly firmware there is IMO. Then, you can either go to 2.1 or 3. Honestly I would not do 3 because it's so new. There were major issues with 2 that they fixed with 2.1.

Graham Lawrie

i would not change the 3gx software till you get it to work with whats there its not a software problem

I have not used the software before,and i cant get the pick your helicopter side of it to work. I am using the disk i got with it. I looked on here last night and found a thread for a similar issue and it suggested erasing programme on my pc and loading up with dongle. thanks for the advice.

I am going to go right back to the start this Sunday and concentrate on all the set up.

Is DIR the only way or am i missing something to do the equivelant of a "Factory re-set" on the 3GX?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Jesse. i would start off with v1.2 and get it in the air. It's the most user friendly firmware there is IMO. Then, you can either go to 2.1 or 3. Honestly I would not do 3 because it's so new. There were major issues with 2 that they fixed with 2.1.

Thanks Tony.

I am going to try from the start again, this time using the 3GX software, i am also waiting for training gear to come and a digital pitch guage to confirm if i have the pitch right. Beside all the hassel i am having with this, i am thoroughly enjoying it and the challenge:)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
remember one thing.. you loose your setup when you upgrade.. so would you setup.. then fly.. then upgrade then setup AGAIN and fly.. Or do upgrade at once and then setup and fly :) ??

BOKI

Hi coolgabsi; You sound like your right on the money with the problem ! You really know your stuff! BOKIE 4:04 PM ILLINOIS TIME WEDNESDAY BE SAFE! :lol: :twothumbsup: THE BEST!

Top Bottom